Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Track results finally

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 06:46 AM
NyceP26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track results finally

To those Z guys I met at the meet I just wanted to let you know what I was able to get at the track.

This was eTown's last day before they closed for the season on 11/23.

So finally made it out to the track and couldn't have asked for a better day for weather in November in the North East. 60 Degrees and sunny than a ****. This was my first time to the track since boosting the car. Had my Azenis on and car was empty and ready to go. Car weighed in at a sloppy 2,722 lbs with me in the car.

I am no drag racer but I had to get some time slips to add along to my recent dyno numbers. I was very happy with the end result. Started the day off with learning how to drive all over again when it came to drag racing and with the boost. At the end of the day I improved on everything so I was very excited about that.

All runs done on 8psi and with Falken Azenis tires.

First Run of the day - Bogged out of the hole like a mad man
2.52 60ft
9.2 1/8mi
83.27MPH 1/8mi
13.93 1/4mi
103.93MPH 1/4mi

Second Run of the day - Better launch and overall best time of day
2.27 60ft
8.94 1/8mi
83.80MPH 1/8 mi
13.64 1/4mi
104.48MPH 1/4

Third Run of the day - Best launch/hole shot of the day. Redlined 2nd gear and miss shifted into 3rd gear. Could have been my best run if it wasn't for the big mistake..
2.01 60ft
8.83 1/8mi
79.29MPH 1/8mi
13.71 1/4mi
100.25MPH 1/4mi

I was very content with these numbers for a first time run on boosted car with non drag racer driver behind the wheels. Look out for next season

Let me know when teh next dyno day or track day is. Good to meet those that day again.
Old 11-26-2003, 03:37 AM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice runs. Stay in touch with this forum. We'll be planning more meets in the future and will post them here. Hopefully the winter will go fast.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:31 AM
NyceP26

I sure hope it does go fast. First day of snow the sentra will go and rest.

Hey at least you guys have VDC
Old 11-27-2003, 07:57 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Default IMPRESSIVE

Those are impressive track times for that little fireball of yours, Pete

Was tempted to join you guys to E-Town that Sunday. Good thing I didn't!

Remember I had multi cylinder misfire at the dyno day at XXTuning. I just discovered that Nissan service had installed the wrong spark plugs, PLFR4A11, as it was a range hotter than stock. Anyway, I was able to get the ProCharger recommended heat range, PFR6G11, which is a range colder than stock.

Interesting enough Nissan parts gave me the PFR6G11mistaking them for stock plugs. As, it turns out the stock heat range is coded with a 5 for standard, and 6 as being one range colder. Go figure

I think the mistake was due to the fact that most spark plugs are coded 1 to 7, and 7 being the hottest. However, with NGK it is the reverse 1 to 7, and 7 being the coldest.

Fortunately, for the misfire at idle, which prompted me to check; or else I might have to join the ranks of “blown motor.” Being that I am undergoing a learning curve with the ProCharger, the colder months are my saving grace.

Will join you at the tracks, next season NyceP26 maybe Vic and the rest of the boys may even want to have a go

What is Darcy up to these days, have not heard from him lately. Having too much fun with his NISMO intake?

G
Old 11-27-2003, 07:59 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Exclamation

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2003, 08:13 PM
rouxeny

Gerald, nice to hear that you straightened things out.

You better find a strip that is open this winter and run your car! Everybody is dying to see the numbers.

I think my car will be back at the beginning of next week.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:05 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Hey Andrew,

How are you, Happy Thanksgiving! Glad to know that your zee is coming together just fine. Are your parents still around, did you mentioned to them about me?

Actually, I am still undergoing the learning curve; as we speak I again discovered that the PFR6G-11 that Nissan parts gave me are the correct heat range, which is one step colder than stock, but the wrong reach.

The spark plugs that I want are the PLFR6A-11, which are the long reach.

I can't imagine what would have happened if I had boosted with the short reach PFR6G-11(s)

The fun part is I already have 3 of the short reach plugs in, it was a pain replacing them, anyway my gut told me that there was something that was not right; so I waited till today, Friday, as yesterday was a holiday for everyone.

But I just spoke to a buddy of mine with a local auto store, to see if he could get me the right set today, as I can't find a Nissan anywhere that carries the PLFR6A-11

We live and we learn.

Gerald

PS: You better cut out the “I killed Bambi” signature, or else you’ll have big problems with Comet & Santa….you know what you’ll be getting this Christmas
Old 11-29-2003, 05:47 AM
Sirmilton

(This is Peter, Darcy stayed logged in on my computer )

Gerald,

Glad to hear you figured everything out. You have a learning curve and so do I as this is my first experience with a boosted car. I was also lucky I replaced my spark plugs at the dyno day which evidently turned the car right around. Talk about night and day difference with the correct plugs and timing Now that I have those set correctly the car just drives like a charm and really showed me it was performing right with the numbers and especially at the track.

Sure it was a bummer you didn't come, but if it was going to cost you that motor of yours then i'm glad you stuck with your gut feeling and stayed home.

If you really want to run that thing this winter (weather premitting) then we could always go down to Atco as it is open all year I think I will work some more goodies over the winter then hit the track at the begining of the spring. By then you are more welcomed to come along with the rest of the Z guys and we'll have a good day racing.

Hope to see you around town soon. I'll tell Darcy for you.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:42 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

God only knows what would have happen with hotter than recommended spark plugs. And, the way the plugs were fouled could have also contributed to preignition.

Moreover, my tires were incorrectly fitted, as I have 35 aspect ratio fronts and 30, rear; which I am convinced rears the front up too much, from first to second, and the fact that the rears are turning faster than the front could contribute to slippage. It is almost impossible to drive with the VDC enabled.

You depend on professionals to steer you right, pay for their experience, and yet at the end of the day you discover that it is better that you perform the maintenance work your self.

The cold air actually allows for more boost, yeah, would sure like to track before the freeze catches up.

Personally, I am not too keen on dyno sessions, as the simulated air cooling is inadequate. What all dyno systems need is a fine mist of water sprayed at intervals over the cooling fins from the front of the car, with strong blowers (not fans) in tandem.

I have to get me one of those wideband oxygen sensors to monitor my A/F ratio and to perform real world tuning

Pete, have you upgraded on your wheels, brakes & suspension?

Talk to you soon.

G
Old 12-01-2003, 07:10 AM
NyceP26

Gerald,

As for a WBo2 you could try the Innovative unit. I have used it my self already and is very easy to use.

As for my car I do have upgraded brakes in the front and for suspension I have KYB AGX's 4way front/8way rear with Ground Control Coil overs 350f/250r and its a pretty good solid ride. I'll have to take you for a ride and I'm sure you coudl return the favor When the holiday rush clears up we'll definately have to get together. I mean you are in town right
Old 12-02-2003, 04:49 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Will be happy to have you onboard, Pete.

I was just concerned with all that power, you are also placing road handling as a priority.

I am seriously considering the FJO wideband 02 sensors.

I was also planning on an asphalt ramp up my driveway so you will not have to fear scrapping your nose, when heading to the back parking area.

G

Last edited by 350Zzzz; 12-02-2003 at 04:53 PM.