Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Spring meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 11:36 AM
Neuf350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring meet

Hey guys!

I'm thinking about organizing a Massachusetts meet for sometime in the Spring, but I want to get an idea of what you want to see. What will make you come to a meet?

Post a list of the things you'd like to see at a meet and I'll see if we can organize at least something that's half decent.

Thanks!

Neuf
Old 01-18-2004, 11:46 AM
burnt

<< What will make you come to a meet? >>

Cruise.
Cruise.
Cruise.
Cruise.
Cruise.
Cruise.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:27 AM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anything would be great. I guess a cruise would be necessary and a stop for lunch somewhere. Hopefully, I'll be able to make this one as I missed the one you had last year. The only conflicting date right now is April 24th and 25th as the ECZA will have their meet on the 24th and the big ATCO meet in NJ is on the 25th. The ATCO meet is a can't miss meet as we will most likely hit over 100 cars for that meet.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:27 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Cruise and food sounds good..

Maybe not this meet but we should plan a meet and a cruise up to New England Dragway for import wars, its only 45 mins from Boston and it would be a nice ride up, and imagine the faces of the people there watching a line of 10-20+ 350z's come rolling in And also we can get some runs in up there for whoever is willing.

Import wars is typically on the last Saterday of every month from 9AM-4PM and you can leave whenever you had enough. You can race all day for $20 or watch all day for 10$. They have food and a huge car show\contest in the back lot for whoever is interested in competing for a trophy and lots of performance parts tents to browse. Plenty to do.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:39 PM
vics350

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo
Cruise and food sounds good..

Maybe not this meet but we should plan a meet and a cruise up to New England Dragway for import wars, its only 45 mins from Boston and it would be a nice ride up, and imagine the faces of the people there watching a line of 10-20+ 350z's come rolling in And also we can get some runs in up there for whoever is willing.

Import wars is typically on the last Saterday of every month from 9AM-4PM and you can leave whenever you had enough. You can race all day for $20 or watch all day for 10$. They have food and a huge car show\contest in the back lot for whoever is interested in competing for a trophy and lots of performance parts tents to browse. Plenty to do.
The import wars sounds like a fun thing to do in the summer. I'm sure that would generate alot of interest.

BTW, hope you can make it the NJ meet in April. We are at almost 69 cars now with 3 months to go and the racing challenges are heating up. If you don't want to race, the caravans alone should be incredibly fun to be a part of.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Neuf350z

Don't worry, if I end up planning a meet we'll DEFINITELY have a cruise!
Old 01-20-2004, 03:40 PM
jeff

Import Wars sounds interesting. I did like the dine & drive we did last year. Perhaps we can have two meets in MA this year.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:06 PM
CelticPride2

Originally posted by jeff
Import Wars sounds interesting. I did like the dine & drive we did last year. Perhaps we can have two meets in MA this year.
I would have no complaints whatsoever with two meets in MA. Anyone have any suggestions on a good cruising route?
Old 01-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

HI Vic, I'll read up on that NJ meet, 4-5 hrs is a hell of a drive and if I go I want to make sure its well worth it..
Old 01-21-2004, 07:17 AM
FRIT-Z

Default Cape Cod

I might even come up from NJ is the date and time is right, I would combine it with a trip to the Cape.

The NJ one sounds good too...I'll have to try to make them both.

Frit-z
Old 01-21-2004, 07:20 AM
vics350

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo
HI Vic, I'll read up on that NJ meet, 4-5 hrs is a hell of a drive and if I go I want to make sure its well worth it..
Looks like it'll be worth it as we'll definitely get over 100 cars for this meet. I know you like to drag race so you could sign up for the NA challenge. Who knows, you may walk away with a few bucks in your pocket.

Also, Roger (Anyone2U), Rick (spydr), and Jeff (Ultimateone) are probably coming and there are some G35's from the Boston area coming as well so you won't be alone. I'm sure more will sign-up before the actual date.

Last edited by vics350; 01-21-2004 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:21 AM
vics350

Default Re: Cape Cod

Originally posted by FRIT-Z
I might even come up from NJ is the date and time is right, I would combine it with a trip to the Cape.

The NJ one sounds good too...I'll have to try to make them both.

Frit-z
Looks like we're going to have lots of good meets this year which should be fun.

The NJ one is right in your backyard so you can't miss that one. Seeing over 100 G35's and 350Z's together alone is worth attending.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:30 PM
whitetrack

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Deb, when you decide what type of meet you will be hosting, and the date, you may want to start gathering names like the NJ meet so you have an idea as to the best place to hold it based on the turnout. Come on Dave, Roger, Eugene, you guys have to help Deb with this one. Is there any place up there that we can have a clam bake by the beach with plenty of parking?
Old 01-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Neuf350z

Right now I'm trying to find a place to hold it. I'd like to try and find a public place so there won't be a charge to the attendees, but first I need to find out where in MA everyone is willing to drive. I don't want out-of-staters to have to drive to east bum to get there, then go cruising, and then face a long drive home.

So...here's the next question...where in MA would you all like to meet? Down the Cape? Boston area? Western? Central? I also want to make sure wherever we have it is also located near a good cruising route. Western and Central MA have great routes.

As for when to have the meet, once I'm closer to a meeting place I can better target a date.

I was thinking about a cook-out as an idea but a nice New England clam bake is also a great idea!
Old 01-21-2004, 04:04 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Hi Deb!
Rick (SPYDR) had mentioned about trying to do something at Hopkinton state park. He said he knew someone and was going to try to find out if it was doable. Never heard more on that but sounds like a good place to meet.
I'd definitely be up for any MA meets (depending on the date of course) and I dont mind driving to get there especially if theres a caravan involved!
Old 01-21-2004, 05:14 PM
burnt

The cape or anywhere on the shore would be real nice provided the surrounding area has long twisty roads with no traffic in sight.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Ultimateone

Anyplace in Mass would be fantastic
Old 01-21-2004, 05:36 PM
mb27

I'm in. Just name the time and place!
Old 01-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Neuf350z

Anyone familiar with the Cape? I haven't been down there in ages. We'd need a large enough lot to park in and hang for a while before our cruise. As for eats, we'd have to figure something out depending on the location.

Some nice pics of our caravan along the sea side would rock!
Old 01-21-2004, 06:42 PM
CelticPride2

That clambake idea is one of the best ones I've heard in a while...the only real question is where to hold it. I usually only make it down the Cape once or twice a summer, so I don't know any possible venues off the top of my head...maybe we could find something on the national seashore. Anybody here more familiar with the area that could offer some insight?

Quick Reply: Spring meet