Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Thunderhill this weekend: Anyone going?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:05 PM
daveh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunderhill this weekend: Anyone going?

I'll be at thunderhill this weekend with NASA. Is anyone else going?

www.nasaproracing.com
Old 05-30-2007, 02:20 PM
fr0ng

Hey Dave, I forgot to ask you..what kind of laptimes are you running at thill?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:57 PM
daveh

Originally Posted by fr0ng
Hey Dave, I forgot to ask you..what kind of laptimes are you running at thill?
2:04 is my best...
Ask me again on Monday
Old 05-30-2007, 06:07 PM
fr0ng

Damn thats fast...I'd only run 2:10s....on my motorcycle lol
Old 05-30-2007, 08:13 PM
jondimellow

i would love to go but im not in nasa =(
Old 05-30-2007, 09:11 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not this weekend, but yes for June 29 with HOD.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:04 PM
corsair

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be at thill on Tuesday with Club Lotus.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:08 PM
bamyi

God I wish CO has a car culture like CA. So many wonderful tracks and so many oppertunities to race.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:05 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by bamyi
God I wish CO has a car culture like CA. So many wonderful tracks and so many oppertunities to race.
I know a few Denver-area boys track somehwere in their 300s...
Old 06-02-2007, 03:21 AM
bamyi

yeah, but it's mostly exculsive.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:40 AM
daveh

A good time was had by all. Team Z Car Garage posted a 2nd place finish in TTC.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:44 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by daveh
A good time was had by all. Team Z Car Garage posted a 2nd place finish in TTC.
How did your times end up?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:16 PM
daveh

With the front runnur laying down blazing 2:03's, I took it easy on the equipment and layed down a 2:07. I was able to spend a couple of sessions doing some much needed test-n-tuning which worked out well.

Here's the NASA TT press release

-----------------------

The NorCal Time Trial groups’ latest event was at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, CA on June 2 and 3. The weather forecast was hot (in the 90’s) both days, which does not make the turbo guys very happy, so everybody packed up their canopies, extra water, Gatorades and made their way to the track to literally set the track on fire. As usual we had some new track records set at this event with Team Alliance CSR setting the TTR record and fast time of the weekend on Saturday with a 1:53.527. Also setting the TTE record on Saturday was Dennis Golden with a 2:08.897. On Sunday everybody figured the fast times of the day would be in the morning while the track was cool and they were right as Michael Neujahr broke his own record in TTS with a blazing 1:57.145 and Mark Welch improved the TTC record with a 2:03.409. The rest of the weekend played out as follows:

TTR

With Team Alliance/CSR in their Mazda Sports racer, which seems like a go-kart with body panels, putting down fast time of the weekend session after session, they pulled off the sweep with first place both days while breaking the record with the 1:53.527 on Saturday. Brian Lock has been chasing the set up on his 06 Nissan 350Z this whole season and he is still able to get second place both Saturday and Sunday while scratching his head even as they pull it onto the trailer to head home. Sunday brought out 2 new faces in Walter Ford and Team Racing 4 A Reason who respectively rounded out the group.

TTU

This weekend did not have many surprises but one of them was when Team B.A.M.F. (formally Team Sutak) pulled a new car out of his rig. Something you would not expect from a Mustang guy, an American Iron prepped Z28 Camaro. It did not take Andy long to get used to the car as he finished second on both days to stretch out his lead in the points over Lowell Fennie. Lowell gets this weekend resiliency award as in the morning on Saturday he breaks his transmission. With the help of a friend who just happened to have a spare T-5 at his home in Chico they were able to replace it and make it out by the last session on Saturday and finish with a podium on Saturday and a fourth place on Sunday.

TTS

This group is the most tightly contested group points wise and Team Smith is leading by only 5 points over Michael Neujahr. Shoestring Racing is trailing by only 40 points. Every point is valuable and all of the competitors know it. Michael is still in maintenance mode by pulling fast times and having them hold up, and why not when he seems to break the track record each event and finishing first both Saturday and Sunday. Team Smith is definitely closing the lap time gap as he improved on his personal best by 2 seconds with a blazing fast 2:01.727 to get second place both days. Right behind both of them is Shoestring Racing improving on his personal best each day he is behind the wheel getting a podium both days. Team Poco-Loco is looking for any mistake by the top 3 to pounce finishing fourth on Saturday and fifth on Sunday with new comer Steven Rae getting a fourth place for Sunday.

TTA

Team Goodsport Racing/3S is on maintenance mode also, as he is racing in the Performance touring group along with TT, putting down a fast time in the morning and hoping it holds up. On Saturday it did just that getting him a first place. Neil Yonk secured second place Saturday with his fast time coming in the morning with the cool track. Third through fifth was up for grabs with one more session to go for Saturday and only .002 seconds separating Team Callaghan (2:07.004), Percy Howard (2:07.006) and Dave Potter (2:07.006). Percy was the only one to improve his time and take third place with Team Callaghan finishing fourth, Dave getting fifth and Ron Harness rounding out the group in sixth. On Sunday morning Percy broke his motor going into Turn 3 and left a huge oil trail that many of us found very slippery, especially Jerry Bradbury (TTD) who took his Mini 4 wheeling through the dirt. Once Percy did all he could to get his Evo off the track the hot oil sparked the dry grass and burned up his front end a little. Even with that Percy finished in second, only bested by Neil Yonk who got his second win of the season. Third place was Team Goodsport/3S with newcomer Zayovic Nedzad in fourth, Team Callaghan in fifth and Ron Harness in sixth.

TTB

This is another group with the season points way too close to call and without the leader Team RFR/GST making the trip points were at a premium. Team Bill Arnold BMW Repair was ready to take advantage right away with a first place on Saturday with Steve Kane right on his rear bumper for second. Not far behind was Dave Snelson with third place only to have his motor give up at the end of the day. Fourth place finisher was David Wright, and another motor giving up was Team 3S/Goodsport finishing in fifth with Chris Black right behind in sixth.

Sunday was a swap for first and second place with Steve Kane getting his first win after changing the rotors he cracked on Saturday. Team Bill Arnold BMW Repair took second with Chris Black taking advantage of the situation to finish on the podium.

TTC

Mark Welch is trying to take TTC by the throat by breaking track records wherever he goes. He got first place both days while breaking the record Sunday with a 2:03.409. Team Z Car garage is not letting Mark get too far away by finishing second both Saturday and Sunday leaving him only 90 points behind Mark for the season. Third place goes to Michael Sondel both days. Fourth place on Saturday was Fred Watson only to have problems with his car at the end of the day. Sunday Steve Culbertson is starting to come on with a fourth place finish.

TTD

Bob Blackwood fills his Porsche up with oil and takes to the track chasing down the record he lost earlier this year. Although he did not get the record back he was able to finish first both days to stretch out his lead in the standings. Laura Thomas was able to hustle around her Miata to get second on Saturday with Zane Abedin right behind in third and Jerry Bradbury in fourth. Sunday with Laura out Zane was able to finish second. Sunday started off pretty exciting for Jerry with an off course excursion from an oil slick put down in turn 3. He came back and was able to get on the podium in third place. Team Brown Heyer got fourth with Steve Russo rounding out the group in fifth.

TTE

One newcomer we are glad to welcome was Dennis Golden who showed he belonged right away by breaking the track record on Saturday morning with a 2:08.897. Sunday he was not able to better his time but he was able to follow up his Saturday first place with another first.

Don’t forget that Nationals at Mid Ohio is coming up September 13-16. You need 5 events to qualify on at least 4 different days. Remember to sign up early as last year they had so many sign ups that TT had 2 run groups. With the speeds NorCAL guys are going we should do very well and show the rest of the nation what NORCAL Time Trails is all about.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:46 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Good to see - congrats. I'm sure it'll be hot when we're there later this month.