Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011 | 11:29 AM
JZ33

Originally Posted by Junkster

JZ33, hmmm! i wouldnt mind using a lift to do my coilovers! hollaaaa!!! we could knock that out in no time lol...

Is your boss usually pretty cool on that? I could buy ya lunch or something or a drink...whatevz...anything beats laying on hard concrete installing mods
well we dont have a lift yet, BUT we have the truck sized jack stands and jacks to get it that high... i can sit down under my Z with head and work room over me haha but ya he usually is pretty cool, just buy HIM lunch or something... ill ask today and maybe we can set something up for next week...
Old 05-19-2011 | 11:39 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by 5150_91
Ive used mine..twice I think?

It should be pretty simple. Probably would only take 30 minutes. All you have to do really is remove the trunk hatch panel and unscrew the 3 wiper motor bolts, Tape up the old wiring to prevent rattling. Then after painting the plug, plug/seal the hole obviously. And yes if you were to do it this way it would not be hard to put back on at all.
This is what i figured...it looks pretty straight forward...no need for perma mods lol

Originally Posted by JZ33
well we dont have a lift yet, BUT we have the truck sized jack stands and jacks to get it that high... i can sit down under my Z with head and work room over me haha but ya he usually is pretty cool, just buy HIM lunch or something... ill ask today and maybe we can set something up for next week...
Sounds good I mean i pretty much have every single tool i could ever need with the exception of spring clamps for the rear springs (the center pull type ones) I only have the ones that you put on the outside of the springs...

But i have air, and lots and lots of tools...But its always fun to work on stuff with other people, sure as hell beats doing it alone!
Old 05-19-2011 | 11:45 AM
JZ33

This is what i figured...it looks pretty straight forward...no need for perma mods lol

Sounds good I mean i pretty much have every single tool i could ever need with the exception of spring clamps for the rear springs (the center pull type ones) I only have the ones that you put on the outside of the springs...

But i have air, and lots and lots of tools...But its always fun to work on stuff with other people, sure as hell beats doing it alone!
if not at the shop i can always come help you on some evening during the week.. and you shouldnt need any spring compressors...
Old 05-19-2011 | 11:48 AM
Junkster

if not at the shop i can always come help you on some evening during the week.. and you shouldnt need any spring compressors...
Oh really? not even for the rear springs? Figured that they were under load even with the car jacked up....i have tanabe NF210 springs in now...why wouldnt they be under load?
Old 05-19-2011 | 11:49 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Old 05-19-2011 | 12:08 PM
Spider Monkey

There is no way to do it and be able to reverse it?!!? there has to be a way to do it so you can put it back to stock...
Well you could drill a new hole I suppose...
Originally Posted by Flyinion
I would think it would be reversible (as long as you kept all the removed parts), it just wouldn't be as easy because you'd have to unseal the hole. I'm assuming he means the hole was fixed to match the rest of the body and not just a plug of some kind so yeah that would be messier.
Yes, that is what I meant. Welding a quarter sized metal piece to the body and cleaning it up. That's serious delete.
wiper delete party then eh? whos down? lol
Mine came deleted from the factory.
Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
Why hello thar.
Old 05-19-2011 | 12:23 PM
Junkster

Ill be competing in the swim suit contest....will you guiz voted for meez?
Old 05-19-2011 | 12:23 PM
Jermy

There is no way to do it and be able to reverse it?!!? there has to be a way to do it so you can put it back to stock...
as flyin said, it is able to be reveresed. All you need is a plug say from like home depot or something, paint it to match your car, remove the wiper assembly and the unplug the motor, and you're fine
Old 05-19-2011 | 12:24 PM
Jermy

Ill be competing in the swim suit contest....will you guiz voted for meez?
only if its a leopard swimsuit!
Old 05-19-2011 | 12:35 PM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Jermy
can i borrow yours breh? lol
Old 05-19-2011 | 12:36 PM
JZ33

Oh really? not even for the rear springs? Figured that they were under load even with the car jacked up....i have tanabe NF210 springs in now...why wouldnt they be under load?
its not that they arent under load, its that you dont have to take anything off of the top... so use another jack under the spring cup to hold it in place while you take apart the bottom of the strut, then let the jack down slowly, replace the springs, jack it back up to where you need it and rebolt the strut and there you go! Jeremy told me that, gotta give him credit!

Originally Posted by Jermy
+1

you can borrow mine.
Old 05-19-2011 | 12:54 PM
Junkster

its not that they arent under load, its that you dont have to take anything off of the top... so use another jack under the spring cup to hold it in place while you take apart the bottom of the strut, then let the jack down slowly, replace the springs, jack it back up to where you need it and rebolt the strut and there you go! Jeremy told me that, gotta give him credit!

+1

you can borrow mine.
wow, thats what i get for not jacking up my Z and taking a look first...sigh...lol

makes total sense tho hahahaha
Old 05-19-2011 | 01:02 PM
Flyinion

wth I can't post anything

Ok apparently I can post but for some reason can't post with a link

Last edited by Flyinion; 05-19-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-19-2011 | 01:10 PM
Flyinion

seriously WTF is wrong with the site? I can't quote posts and anything with a link in it or brand names is not posting

Last edited by Flyinion; 05-19-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2011 | 01:13 PM
Junkster

^hmm i duno man...post to one of the mods...?
Old 05-19-2011 | 01:13 PM
Spider Monkey

Any of you bros need any vinyl work done? I'm gonna see if this guy in the Interior section that's coming up our way can do my inside door handles. Bought them cratched up like a ****. If there's a goup interested, I may be able to get him to come all the way to our hood opposed to meeting him where ever he ends up on his own.

Did that even make sense? lol
Old 05-19-2011 | 01:16 PM
Flyinion

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Any of you bros need any vinyl work done? I'm gonna see if this guy in the Interior section that's coming up our way can do my inside door handles. Bought them cratched up like a ****. If there's a goup interested, I may be able to get him to come all the way to our hood opposed to meeting him where ever he ends up on his own.

Did that even make sense? lol
You talking about that "soft touch" stuff that's on the driver and passenger doors around the window controls and stuff that scratches if you look at it wrong?
Old 05-19-2011 | 01:17 PM
Junkster

i may be in, depends on how much...and does he install?
Old 05-19-2011 | 01:19 PM
Flyinion

^hmm i duno man...post to one of the mods...?
Does this site block posts with words to certain types websites or something? I can't imagine why the one I'm trying to post would be blocked but whenever I hit submit it just sits there and does nothing. The one in question is auto geek dot net
Old 05-19-2011 | 01:23 PM
Spider Monkey

You talking about that "soft touch" stuff that's on the driver and passenger doors around the window controls and stuff that scratches if you look at it wrong?
Yes exactly that stuff. Previous owner must have worn spiked jewlery on his left hand. lol I think I'll either carbon fiber that **** or make it orange to match the seats.
i may be in, depends on how much...and does he install?
Dunno how much yet. I will tell you what he quotes me when he does. And yea, he does the installs. Good work too.
Does this site block posts with words to certain types websites or something? I can't imagine why the one I'm trying to post would be blocked but whenever I hit submit it just sits there and does nothing. The one in question is auto geek dot net
Doubt it. I cus like a horny sailor and it never stops me. lol

1,2,3,testing

www.autogeek.net?

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners