Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011 | 06:59 AM
seekanddestroy

Thats awesome I had no idea all of you guys played MUSIC!!!!! Hahaha I guess I can't really be surprised though either! Its funny that you mention Born Of Osiris, Tosin Abasi is my number one influence at the moment! Although I wrote these songs before I discovered all of his stuff. After today I'll be able to link one of our songs for you guys! I'm stoked!!

And I hear you about the 8-string there was one at Skips last time I was there it gave me the G.A.S. BAAAAD! We definitely need to get together and have a 350ZZtop jam that would be awesome!

And funny you talk about hair I think I'm going to cut mine tomorrow! What do you guys think?

or

Heres an old family picture!

Old 07-10-2011 | 09:07 AM
JZ33

ill trade you my BC Rich for you EC-1000!?
Old 07-10-2011 | 12:46 PM
Flyinion

Lol ok I no longer feel like I have too many guitars. Of course two of them need to hit the shop, well 3 really but the 3rd is just because I never had a setup done on it after I bought it. It's a Schecter C-1 Classic from about 7 years ago when they first made them with actual Seymour Duncan humbuckers with a JB at the bridge, and a Jazz at neck. Later they started using that "Duncan Designed" stuff. My other two electrics are a fairly cheap Jackson and Kramer that I've moded out with EMG's. Then there's the acoustic I never play very often.

Last edited by Flyinion; 07-10-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2011 | 07:52 PM
Max-G

well that only took 7 hours to install...

Old 07-10-2011 | 08:49 PM
IenVmyZ

Default Gross

Originally Posted by Dinc
F****G a, I dnt mind running over an opposume, but DAMN! I roadkill a FREAKING skunk! Baseline Rd. coming fr work. There goes my Elia fr lip...lol
ahaha gross... I'm sorry What are you doing up so early in the morning??? Work at TVC? I know that area you're talking about. I stick to Walerga instead.
Old 07-11-2011 | 12:14 AM
seekanddestroy

Max-G no one here cares about cars were talking music now, this thread has been taken over!!! Just kidding man that looks killer! I LOVE shots of freshly done jobs! Get some good daytime ones tomorrow!

Flyinion too bad your not closer man I would totally hook you up on some guitar set up action. I teach and do guitar tech work.

Jeremy I am not a big BC Rich fan...which model is it though???
Old 07-11-2011 | 12:46 AM
Flyinion

Originally Posted by seekanddestroy
Max-G no one here cares about cars were talking music now, this thread has been taken over!!! Just kidding man that looks killer! I LOVE shots of freshly done jobs! Get some good daytime ones tomorrow!

Flyinion too bad your not closer man I would totally hook you up on some guitar set up action. I teach and do guitar tech work.

What would "close" be?
Old 07-11-2011 | 12:55 AM
JZ33

It is an NJ Series Warlock, ebony fretboard, black hardware over a transparent purple finish... ill post a pic for you... im just really tired of the floyd...

BTW, im moving finally, and i think its close to you...
Old 07-11-2011 | 10:39 AM
seekanddestroy

Originally Posted by Flyinion
What would "close" be?
Close enough to make it worth it to bring your guitars to me! I guess really your not that far away. I come down to sac often enough if you wanted me to pick them up. You would just have to wait a few days to get them back. Or I could take them one at a time.

Jeremy where are you moving to?
Old 07-11-2011 | 11:09 AM
JZ33

i actually havent been to or seen the house yet, my family went without me but they know what i want while im living there haha and its up 49 past auburn... thats all i know right now, ill give more info when i know it and ill get that pic of the guitar for you too...
Old 07-11-2011 | 11:14 AM
inqui-Z-tor

Slurpees are free today at 7-Eleven

They say its their birthday, so the Slurpees are free.

July 11 marks the day that 7-Eleven., observes its birthday. The convenience store chain traces its origin to when an employee began selling bread, milk and eggs on an ice dock in a Dallas suburb in 1927.

Since then, the small ice company has grow into a chain of 8,600 7-Eleven stores in North America and 41,500 stores worldwide, according to a company history.

Today, participating 7-Eleven stores plan to serve up 5 million free 7.11-ounce Slurpees across the country.
Old 07-11-2011 | 12:48 PM
seekanddestroy

Rad dude thats definitely my neck of the woods! That will be cool! Its beautiful up here summers are great
Old 07-11-2011 | 01:00 PM
5150_91

To continue our music forum takeover,
Listen to the intro of this song haha. So good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZEPiZbYcRo
Old 07-11-2011 | 01:14 PM
Flyinion

Close enough to make it worth it to bring your guitars to me! I guess really your not that far away. I come down to sac often enough if you wanted me to pick them up. You would just have to wait a few days to get them back. Or I could take them one at a time.

Jeremy where are you moving to?
Haha yeah that's why I was asking where you're at. If it's "relatively" close I'd have no problem driving. They're not in too bad of shape really. All probably need the truss rods checked, some tweaking to string height (especially on the Schecter). The Jackson I'm not sure where the intonation is at because I had taken it in hoping to have it set up for drop-D tuning and since it's using a cheap knock-off FR tremolo and is a lower end Jackson at that, they couldn't get it to intonate properly and didn't charge me anything but I don't know where they left it at.

Actually, maybe I was going for some really crazy crap. I seem to remember I was trying to put the lower 6 strings from a 7 string set on it lol. The Kramer more just needs to have the tremolo taken off and the handle fixed (it came apart), I've just been too lazy to do it. I think I was wanting to see what kind of alternate tunings I could set it up with properly intonated though since the Jackson was a flop on that.
Old 07-11-2011 | 01:30 PM
JZ33

Rad dude thats definitely my neck of the woods! That will be cool! Its beautiful up here summers are great
awesome, the only downside is no garage... ill build something that will be good enough though...

BTW, imagine this guitar in purple instead of blue, and with normal tuners haha

http://www.woodbrass.com/images/wood...OADER%2BBK.JPG
Old 07-11-2011 | 03:11 PM
JZ33

btw... i NEED my fenders rolled... before lollicup... can anyone help?
Old 07-11-2011 | 03:44 PM
Max-G

haha when i posted it i was like "hmm should i break up this music chatter"
Old 07-11-2011 | 03:55 PM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Max-G
haha when i posted it i was like "hmm should i break up this music chatter"
I think it looks sick. Thanks for giving me something to look at while I ignore all of this music chatter.
Old 07-11-2011 | 04:23 PM
JZ33

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
I think it looks sick. Thanks for giving me something to look at while I ignore all of this music chatter.

its does look good though, im not that hardcore.. was it terribly difficult?
Old 07-11-2011 | 04:35 PM
Jermy

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
back on topic of cars. im trying to talk my boss into sellin me a car. lets just say its pre-smog, euro, and ****in dope

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners