Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Got F***ed Over by a Cop Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008 | 09:27 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic
Premier Member

I wonder if that stop sign is at regulation height. You should measure it and check into what the rules are...
Old 03-09-2008 | 03:08 AM
The Law

Originally Posted by CervanteZ
This is the bullsh!t I'm talking about. There is no "description" of an illegal immigrant. Just because your skin was brown means you're an illegal? You might as well spoken to him in broken spanish. If cops can't even tell who is legal and who isn't how are we suppose to enforce this rule? Phucking ridiculous.
Though this is considered racial profiling IMO, it does not eliminate the fact that you didn't have your driver's license with you. Or the fact that you "Yield" instead of stopping. I know you're from Hawaii, but I'm sure the stop signs look the same. Why would you Yield and not stop?
It might be in his best interest to eliminate the infraction, and withdraw your complain, if you choose to do so. Definitely get a lawyer.
I'm sorry but have you ever drove in california or lived in california for that matter? Cause if you haven't then you wouldn't know how Californian's drive. Almost everybody in california does rolling stops. It is very rare to ever find a person to do a complete stop. So you can't blame him for doing what other californian's do.
Old 03-09-2008 | 03:37 AM
CervanteZ

Originally Posted by The Law
I'm sorry but have you ever drove in california or lived in california for that matter? Cause if you haven't then you wouldn't know how Californian's drive. Almost everybody in california does rolling stops. It is very rare to ever find a person to do a complete stop. So you can't blame him for doing what other californian's do.
Only the past 18 years of my life. And yes I've seen quite a few people do rolling stops. And no that does not make it ok. Are you shittin' me? There are also tons of drive-bys, street racing, drug dealings, DUIs etc... that Californians do. By your logic, it's ok for it to happen?

"Yes your honor, I did roll through that stop and hit that child... it's what we Californians do!"

Last edited by CervanteZ; 03-09-2008 at 03:40 AM.
Old 03-09-2008 | 07:56 AM
The Law

Originally Posted by CervanteZ
Only the past 18 years of my life. And yes I've seen quite a few people do rolling stops. And no that does not make it ok. Are you shittin' me? There are also tons of drive-bys, street racing, drug dealings, DUIs etc... that Californians do. By your logic, it's ok for it to happen?

"Yes your honor, I did roll through that stop and hit that child... it's what we Californians do!"
Woah, your going a little far there. Going from a traffic stop to street racing, drug dealing, and drive-bys is an outrageous thing to compare too. Every time I have seen a person at a crosswalk, I stop but when I don't see anybody I usually do a rolling stop. It seems like you're saying that you have never done a rolling stop in your life?
Old 03-09-2008 | 08:22 AM
CervanteZ

Woah, your going a little far there. Going from a traffic stop to street racing, drug dealing, and drive-bys is an outrageous thing to compare too. *Every time I have seen a person at a crosswalk, I stop but when I don't see anybody I usually do a rolling stop. It seems like you're saying that you have never done a rolling stop in your life?
Nope, I'm not saying that. I used to when I was young, dumb and full of ***.
Why do I make such comparisons? Because laws are laws. Traffic signs are not suggestions, they're meant to be followed. If you get pulled over for violating one, you would not have a leg to stand on as previously stated. And sure as hell can't b!tch and moan about it. You on the other hand, make a "rolling stop" a California thing, when I know for a fact other states do it as welll.

*Right, because when accidents happen, that's usually how it goes, "I did see that person there, but I'm such a sadistic bastard that I didn't care".

Last edited by CervanteZ; 03-09-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-09-2008 | 01:18 PM
The Law

If laws are laws then why don't I see LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS follow those same laws then? laws are laws but using drugs, street racing, drive-bys as a comparison is very outrageous thing. Thats like saying what if a 5 year old in a powerwheel did a rolling stop and hit a person. Are you going to charge that 5 year old? Cause if law enforcement officers can't follow those laws placed upon us, then why can't we do the same? They are suppose to be the "perfect" citizen to look up upon, but how are we suppose to do that when they can't follow their own laws.
Old 03-09-2008 | 01:28 PM
surfcity40

Originally Posted by rr_z33
Dont get me wrong it was an honest faithful rolling stop. Its a pedestrian cross walk so i slowed down to a roll and made sure there were no pedestrians.
So anyway, I wrote this ticket for a guy who did a rolling stop. No big deal, but he wants to fight it when he could just do traffic school ....What do you know, he posted online that he actually did a rolling stop....so I'll be copying his admission of guilt along with all his photos denying liability. (J/K)

My point was you admitted that you did what you were written for. No biggie.
Old 03-09-2008 | 10:54 PM
CervanteZ

If laws are laws then why don't I see LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS follow those same laws then? laws are laws but using drugs, street racing, drive-bys as a comparison is very outrageous thing. Thats like saying what if a 5 year old in a powerwheel did a rolling stop and hit a person. Are you going to charge that 5 year old? Cause if law enforcement officers can't follow those laws placed upon us, then why can't we do the same? They are suppose to be the "perfect" citizen to look up upon, but how are we suppose to do that when they can't follow their own laws.
WTF is a 5 year old kid doing in the street?

No, the 5 year old wouldn't get charged but the parents will for not looking out for their child.

If you see LEOs breaking the law why don't you report them? File a complaint? Police officers are not perfect, we are not robots. And yes there are a few bad apples in the bunch.
You make it seem that breaking the law is ok, why? Because every other person does it?

To me, not reporting it, and keeping on breaking the law, you're part of the problem and not the solution.

Last edited by CervanteZ; 03-09-2008 at 10:58 PM.