Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Uhaul vs Z - pretty random so read if bored

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Shift33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uhaul vs Z - pretty random so read if bored

So this past weekend I helped my gf move from Emeryville back home to SD and we got one of those 10' Uhauls for all her stuff. The cool thing was that we got a brand spanking new one with 766 miles on it. I'm sure it wasn't even broken in yet. Started Saturday morning at 8 and got there at 4 which isn't bad for approx 500 mile trip.

I gotta say this Uhaul was hauling some ***! I was driving like 80-90 the whole way. I guess I was trying to make it handle like Audrey. Just wanted to say how much I missed driving Audrey even after just one day of the Uhaul. As soon as I flew back, I went for a drive and felt withdrawal symptoms go away.

I got my plates on so if you see a SS with Shift33, that's me. Still looking for that AOL AIM screen name: shift33 if anyone has it!
Old 12-23-2003, 10:19 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

So what're you gonna do since she's living down in SoCal? You gonna move down there too, or ya gonna try at the long distance relationship?
Old 12-23-2003, 10:32 AM
Shift33

It's been a 3 and a half year relationship and I don't know. I don't want to move to socal. I love it up here and she loves it down in SD so I don't know. She's waiting for pharmacy schools to get back to her so she could end up back here again or stay down south. One thing is that in the long run once she finishes her degree, 80-90K starting . . . I could live with new toys for Audrey every few weeks and stay home taking care of kids while selling crap on ebay.
But we're going to try the LD thing but that's going to be pretty tough in my mind especially since she like socal so much and I love norcal in the long run.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:37 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Long distance relationship, huh...? Good luck man, I sincerely mean it.

Remember though, love and relationships do have their inherent sacrifices...
Old 12-23-2003, 10:46 AM
Shift33

Thanks, much appreciated! I agree and just comes down to is it really going to work out in the long run. If I know, then it's pretty set that we'd get married, but I don't know. Plus I'm no way anywhere close to wanting to get married yet. Haven't built my business empire yet.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Z33RIE

henry- you're hilarious for driving the u-haul that fast, silly! i told you to be careful and drive safe... haha! anyways, don't forget to check your mail today, if not, tomorrow for sure!!!

everyone: oh ya and if you see my baby around, say hi too...
my plates are obvious *hint-hint*
Old 12-26-2003, 06:11 AM
HEUGE
Charter Member #40

80-90!!! I just picked up my UHAUL this morning and I have to say with 138,000 miles on this beast it's not going to be going that fast. I could barely keep it at 60 MPH when empty. Of course I now have the slowest 350Z on the board.

note: I think UHAUL is playing fast and loose with emissions laws. All of these ancient UHAUL trucks had Arizona plates, and Massachusetts isn't anywhere close.
Attached Thumbnails Uhaul vs Z - pretty random so read if bored-heugeuhaul.jpg  
Old 12-28-2003, 08:57 PM
SweatyPalm

Default Re: Uhaul vs Z - pretty random so read if bored

Originally posted by Shift33

I gotta say this Uhaul was hauling some ***! I was driving like 80-90 the whole way. I guess I was trying to make it handle like Audrey.
I highly doubt that the truck can go up to 80mph. All Uhaul trucks are mod'ed so that they are not able to go above 65mph. I'm a frequent UHaul driver. I HAUL ***.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Shift33

I am totally not kidding you about this. I really took it up to 92 mph. I don't know how I would prove it, but it happened. I was quite amazed how stable it was at that speed also. Maybe it was a "pre mod'ed" truck because it had 766 miles on it when I got it.