Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Boardwalk Nissan 30k mile service

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 03:08 PM
BrunoMDeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boardwalk Nissan 30k mile service

I got my 30k mile service done at the Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City and honestly i don't think i'll be going back anymore...

It cost me $610.75...
I agreed to the price after complaining and asking for detailed information of what they were going to do for $599 plus taxes...
They showed me this long list of stuff for the "Major Service" of 30k miles and since it was my day off and i really wanted to get it done, i agreed to it...

The problem is that i get this list back with all the check marks and it seems like they check mark stuff and don't really do it...
An example that was easy for me to check on is that they say they adjusted my tire pressure to 35, but when i check my tire pressure monitor, the tires are at 33/32 (front) and 33/34 (back)...

This makes me feel i paid for someone just to check mark a page and not do much more than an oil change for that much money...

Also, when i called at 3:30 PM to check on the car and they told me the car was ready for me to go pick it up, i was shocked to be told that they didn't have a pick up service... They drop off but they don't pick people up!!! How did they want me to pick up my car?... So i had to wait for my wife to drive me there after work...

I have never paid this much for a 30k service and i have always had the dealer drop me off and then pick me up...

Oh... And another thing... In one of the oil changes they drove my car a few miles and told me they had to do a road test and that they always go to the freeway (101), exit the next exit and come back... This one is a major service and they only drove a mile... Very, very inconsistent if you ask me!!
Old 08-08-2004, 09:16 PM
BrunoMDeus

Anyway, how much have you guys paid for your 30k mile service and are you happy with the service you're getting?
Old 08-08-2004, 09:40 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

Thanks for the tip. I've got 3k to go before my 15k maintenance and I was thinking of going to Boardwalk Nissan. I guess I'll look for another dealership now.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Sybertron

I took mine to Daland Nissan in Millbrae...
I paid way more than you did... but I had other stuff done as well...

I paid around $800 for the 30K service, Resurficed my rotors and got new break pads, did a Transmission flush, Fuel Injector Cleaning, got the window streak fixed (again), and fixed the window regulator (the last 2 were covered under warrenty)...

I have no complaints. I actually felt the car drive better after the service.

They do not have pick-up service... but most places don't. (At least the places I go to service my cars Toyota, Honda, or Nissan)
Old 08-09-2004, 09:48 AM
BrunoMDeus

Originally posted by Sybertron
I took mine to Daland Nissan in Millbrae...
I paid way more than you did... but I had other stuff done as well...

I paid around $800 for the 30K service, Resurficed my rotors and got new break pads, did a Transmission flush, Fuel Injector Cleaning, got the window streak fixed (again), and fixed the window regulator (the last 2 were covered under warrenty)...

I have no complaints. I actually felt the car drive better after the service.

They do not have pick-up service... but most places don't. (At least the places I go to service my cars Toyota, Honda, or Nissan)
I used to service my Prelude @ Menlo Honda; they dropped me off and picked me up when needed.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:54 AM
BOZ23

Screw that! that is highway robbery! $700 just to basically inspect the car. I've seen the check list they use and in a nut shell when they are finished, they have done more inspecting than replacing/repairing. My wife has a volvo and her 30k service is about the same. That's bulls!@#. that's just another way for the dealership to pocket our money. Do you know them somb!tches at volvo quoted me $45 just to inspect the brakes on my wifes car?!!! 45 friggin dollars just to remove the tires and look at the brakes!!! a little bit off topic and wrong forum, but just thought I'd share my experience.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:12 AM
spf4000

Boardwalk Nissan his a horrible dealership. I'd recommend going to Stevens Creek Nissan for service. They do a good job there, and you won't feel like you're being ripped off (as much).
Old 08-09-2004, 10:13 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally posted by BrunoMDeus
I used to service my Prelude @ Menlo Honda; they dropped me off and picked me up when needed.
Marin Honda does the same... sorry to hear about your experience. I've got a ways to go 'til 30K, but I hope that one of you guys will have discovered a reasonable dealership for this service at such time.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Sybertron

I guess all the dealerships around me just dont do pick up service... Weak sause.
I don't really mind though since they are all in walking distance.
An excuse to get some exercise.
I took my Accord to Grace Honda, and my 4Runner to Melody Toyota... pretty good service there if you have a Honda or a Toyota.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:43 AM
DP Z33

For service work (or any work for that matter) I would just take my car to Z Car Garage in San Jose. The do everything the dealer does except they treat your car as it was their own. They also charge alot less since you only pay for the time they actually work on your car (not by the service) and they use the same diagnostic tools as Nissan.

I actually took my car to a dealer in sunnyvale for some free warranty work and ended up taking it back so they could fix all the things they messed up. I will NEVER do that again. I should have known the same guy working on a Quest (no offense to quest owners) could care less about giving my Z some TLC.

Anyhoo..you can call Rob at ZCG for quotes 408 452-0350.

dp z33
Old 08-09-2004, 10:54 AM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ditto on boardwalk... never took my car back there again... (even though I bought it there)

search for my really old post on them...
pretty much it sums up to this...
took it in for a oil change or something like that. Ask him to check out the rattling noise inside the car. The service manager told me that this is a Nissan, not a bmw or mercedes, the car is suppose have rattles. I don't want to waste my tech's time.

um... after hearing this, I was too scare to bring my car back there..
Old 08-09-2004, 10:56 AM
DP Z33

Originally posted by whatever
ditto on boardwalk... never took my car back there again... (even though I bought it there)

search for my old post on them...
pretty much it sums up to this...
took it in for a oil change or something like that. Ask him to check out the rattling noise inside the car. The service manager told me that this is a Nissan, not a bmw or mercedes, the car is suppose have rattles. I don't want to waste my tech's time.

um... after hearing this, I was too scare to bring my car back there..
awww...that's awful
Old 08-09-2004, 11:28 AM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

Does taking your car in for scheduled maintenance have any bearing on your warranty?

Also, will taking my car to Z Car garage be frowned upon since it is not a Nissan dealsership doing the maintenance?
Old 08-09-2004, 11:42 AM
mgl

i bought the car from boardwalk and even my salesperson told me not take the car there for service (on the dl of course). i take my car to serramonte nissan. they are pretty cool, only complaint was they washed my once when i told them not to. oh yeah serramonte picks you up and drops you off within a 5 mile radius, but they take forever to pick u up (they couldn't find my house).
Old 08-09-2004, 01:09 PM
BrunoMDeus

Originally posted by mgl
i bought the car from boardwalk and even my salesperson told me not take the car there for service (on the dl of course). i take my car to serramonte nissan. they are pretty cool, only complaint was they washed my once when i told them not to. oh yeah serramonte picks you up and drops you off within a 5 mile radius, but they take forever to pick u up (they couldn't find my house).
Serramonte will be the one i'll be trying out next...
I bought my car @ Stanford Nissan but they closed some time ago, so i started servicing my car in Redwood City...

Only 5 mile radius?... Man, i guess i'll be stuck again...
Old 08-09-2004, 01:55 PM
hungster

the good thing about serviceing your car at a dealership is yea if they are good and they actually do inspect your car, if anything is wrong they will take care of it under warrenty. Well thats my past experience with my toyota dealership, but at the same time i had a very good relationship with the service people there, they all knew me by name and they knew that i check my car inside and out afterwards and actually know my ish. If you take it to a reputable shop it should be fine as long as they are certified mechanics, and you need to keep your reciepts. That way if they say you didnt service it you can show them your reciepts and you should be fine.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:58 PM
TheLex

IMO Boardwalk really is expensive. I had my Chevy Tahoe serviced there and they were 40% more expensive than Anderson Chevrolet.

I had my Z serviced there and while it did take longer than I was told, they did get most of the warranty issues ironed out (streak, rattles). But they did not acknowledge the tire roar issue, and the service advisor was not friendly at all. The tech did a good job, but the service advisor just wasn't nice to deal with.

I'm going to try Serramonte next service.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:17 PM
DP Z33

Originally posted by 2004z
Does taking your car in for scheduled maintenance have any bearing on your warranty?

Also, will taking my car to Z Car garage be frowned upon since it is not a Nissan dealsership doing the maintenance?
Hmm…I’m not sure if the warranty mandates that the scheduled maintenance work be done at a Nissan dealer. After my car was supercharged I stopped thinking about stuff like that (voiding warranty that is)

fwiw, i did have the sc on when i took my car in for warranty work (which was honored, but it was non-motor related).

Last edited by DP Z33; 08-09-2004 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:16 PM
corsair

The bottom line is it's all about if the dealership is willing to help you or not. Will they choose to keep a loyal customer or not, just to make a few dollars? Times are tough and most stealerships are shady to begin with (imo based on prior experience and working for a stealership and having a chance to see how things operate on the inside.)

I like Capitol Nissan in San Jose. They have been great. I drive 120 miles round trip just because I trust them.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Shift33

Crap crap crap . . . I'm at 29,3XX right now and went to Serramonte today. They needed me to leave the car a whole day to look at the tranny so I called up Bruce and he says to go to Stevens Creeks like many others have said. I guess I'll be going down there soon. I didn't expect 30K to be that much money?!?! If I get tranny swapped out "again" flywheel time!

After driving Rie's a in July . . . there's gotta be something wrong with mine again. Argh . . . $600+ for a freakin service!?!?!? geez!

Quick Reply: Boardwalk Nissan 30k mile service