Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

F- the fealer going ballz deep!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 11:55 PM
redline350ZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice......dont cut me out of the S/C install tho....will u be doing that at home????
Old 09-19-2005, 01:26 AM
punish_her

na I don't think the condo property manager will apreciate that too much. How ever it was brought to my attention pearls hobby shop is 7 days a week. I wish I would have remembered that some on here told me that. I'm off tomorrow and my cars sitting at hick's hobby shop. Can't touch it till Thursday. So wed. I have to pay for it staying in the shop all alone. I think the header and exhaust will be done Thursday.

I was thinking about wrapping the headers and test pipes. That will be at least somewhat productive for me wen. working towards my car. It's not pretty; but hey, If you don't like you can pi$$-off.

It'll keep temps down.

Side note: Does any one know where I can get a stainless bung welded to my test pipe?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:37 AM
punish_her

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
Good god man...no lift and tranny jack......we did mine on jackstands also but use a motorcycle jack as a lift.....(balanced the tranny very well).....

The tranny is very heavy......

I accualy like using motorcycle jacks better than purpose built tranny jacks. They'v got the 2 runners that craddels the tranny and easierto manuver. I would have been done yesterday if there wasnt a hang up in the removal. I started trying to pull the trans yesterday at 11 am.

When I got there this morning it only took an hour to remove and put in clutch. after that I took my time. Seeing at that point I was covered, chin to knees with tranny oil.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:42 AM
punish_her

Unhappy turn of events

I' ve gotten some good offers on Greedy and PE twins, So I may be entertaining the Idea of selling the procharger kit new and get me a set of twins. If I get the kit sold soon I will throw in the Alphawerks headers if purchased before Thursday.

Yeah I know sound fickel but I'm looking at the ball park I want to be in a year from now, and after talking with procharger pesonaly they even said I can't get to my ball park (550+) with thier products. Nothing they offer for the z will get it even close.

The frusterating thing is the people I worked with to get the procharger said nothing of this. It's not a bad product its just trying to use a fly swatter to hammer a rail spike. You just won't get the job done.

So if you've been following I havn't even recieved it yet so its new. The quicker its bought the Cheaper I'll let it go for. The sooner I can sell it the quicker I can get back on track. I'm willing to take a little hit on this.

I F-N HATE BACK TRACKING!!!!
Get the word out, I need this gone now!
Old 09-20-2005, 07:55 PM
punish_her

Talking Good news on the home front

Pending on a reply, I may have got in touch with my guy with a little time to spare. He's gonna contact procharger and cancel my order. So Looking at the greedy twins right now getting the FMIC kit - fuel system and e manage. Yeah made me a little happier when I got the email.

EDIT: So yeah if this comes up, I'll have a set of Alphawerks headers for sell brand spankin new

Last edited by punish_her; 09-20-2005 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:00 PM
redline350ZZ

kewl sounds good.....my Turbonetics kit may be sent out this coming monday...sooner than I thought.....as soon as I get them on the phone ill find out the details.....Hmmm the Twins will be better thats for sure but be prepared for many hours of fun.....lol

I hear its 30 hours......

What gauges do you have????
Old 09-20-2005, 09:22 PM
punish_her

Defi boost, AEM AF. Defi Fuel pressure, Defi- EGTX2 on the way. Gonna get a boost controller, turbo timer, and if the kit don't have it; BOV's. More f-n money going out tha drive shaft. But who cares, it just equals miles of smiles. REALY expensive ones.

Last edited by punish_her; 09-20-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:33 AM
punish_her

Default Wow !!!!!

I got the friggin heater pipe back in and started her up with open pipes. It was freakin mean sounding. The clutch was phenominal, stock feal grip like hell. because the fly wheel is so lite it's either on or off. easy to stall revs friggin quick
Old 09-22-2005, 06:17 PM
redline350ZZ

Hmmm well ur flywheel is 16lbs right??? but ur clutch still weight about 25lbs u cut 15lbs of fat maybe a little more......now Imagine this my clutch weight 8lbs and my flywheel weight 8lbs.......Can u say Crotch Rocket..lol

Hmmmm but sadly my clucth can only handle 300lbs of TQ at the flywheel maybe a little more....but my kit arriving hopefully next week will output 450 TQ so I have to drop my tranny also and put the old RALLY disks I had back in (rated at 600TQ)...still need to research to see if I can have tilton put together a more streetable clutchpack...talked to there chief engineer yesterday... otherwise its gonna be a JWT replacement and sell titlon setup for dirt...... also gonna powder coat my wheels durring my install......so need to find a place for that....I still have a lot to plan out so probably wont start till OCT 15th timeframe.....will be doing mine at my house in the garage...might **** off residnets but oh well i can close the garage doors..... more to follow tho I have alot.....
Old 09-22-2005, 07:28 PM
punish_her

The whole assembley is 16 pounds less the weight. Weighed old and new assymblies.

So today I threw on the exhaust. Aligned it as best as I could. My passanger side test pipe is still getting a bung welded on should be done tomorrow. Gonna run the Wide band O2 and start setting up the guages. while I'm at it gonna set up the boost sending unit and run that too.

Im setting up the pics so they will fit here.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:46 PM
punish_her

ok here we go...

Since I didn't have passanger test pipe when I was aligning the exhaust; I had to afix the pipes in the location they would be in with the test pipes installed. Worked out pretty whell.
Attached Thumbnails F- the fealer going ballz deep!-flex-zip.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-mid-pipe-zip.jpg  
Old 09-22-2005, 07:50 PM
punish_her

Some before and after photos. Remeber the cats were not put back on after I pulled the tranny. So Before.....
Attached Thumbnails F- the fealer going ballz deep!-factory-pipe.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-factory-lift.jpg  
Old 09-22-2005, 07:55 PM
punish_her

After....
Attached Thumbnails F- the fealer going ballz deep!-underses.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-groundrear.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-closeground.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-ses-lift.jpg  
Old 09-22-2005, 08:27 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the pics...keep up the good work!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:19 PM
redline350ZZ

yes how you run your gauges will be very useful information......
Old 09-22-2005, 11:56 PM
punish_her

So I was saying before about racing in my past. Hell I would say its in my blood.

EDIT I f-n hate the place ment of the buttons, I'm always hitting the send instead of the attachments.

Well here is my '73 Camero LT-1 I built. Had a blown LT-1 350 Blown with nitrous. arround 700. 10 sec. car First pic is the original color, second is after I gave it to my dad when he had to sell his race truck. He's the one smokin the tires.

Built that when I was 19. Chevy V8 are sooo easy. just slap it together, check compression, add lots of fuel and air, replace rearend. Stop and repeat. The Z is a totaly diffrent beast. I'm taking my time on the instal learning what I can when I get the opprotunity too.
Attached Thumbnails F- the fealer going ballz deep!-camaro2.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-dcp_0002.jpg  

Last edited by punish_her; 09-23-2005 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:19 AM
punish_her

here we go here's the how to for running wire. Seems easy just find the route to the battery area and run through the plastic plug. tomorrow I'll check to see if there is one in the brake box.

http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/firewall/
Old 09-23-2005, 07:49 AM
redline350ZZ

Hmmmmm on a seperate note....

How many F/I Z's are there in Hawaii......to be honest I havent heard of more than 2 or 3 others.... and ATI that blew up......a Twin Greddy set and 1 other for good luck....
Old 09-23-2005, 09:46 AM
punish_her

not many I know that. If none that I know of that has a built motor. So all is less than 450. If for verry long at that hp. My goal is to have the fastest Street Z on island and remain street legal.

I Gave up on sellng some stuff. I just threw out the cats.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:16 AM
punish_her

Just got a call from sh@rif at forged internals, they just mailed out my RC 650cc injectors, clips and sport harness. So next week I will be getting those. Probably at the end of the week I'm oredering the return fuel system. I don't know if I should go with CJM or AAM

Quick Reply: F- the fealer going ballz deep!