Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

F- the fealer going ballz deep!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 10:38 AM
redline350ZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kewl...I just talked to Mossy performance and my kit will be sent out Monday/Tuesday as of right now.....Im gonna have my goal of 400WHP/TQ for right now..... after all this we are gonna need some upgraded Half shaft's..... cause what we got right now could snap durring a hard launch......also what tires/ rim combo you looking at???? for the track at HRP..... street tires I will use up my Kuhmo MX then after that switch to Drag radials for all the time street use..... I drive 300 miles per month and minimal H-1 so even when they wear..I should have minimal if any police conversations.....knock on wood
Old 09-23-2005, 01:34 PM
punish_her

Already ahead of you, the driveshaftshop, for you level 3 should be good. I'm going all the way LEVEL 5 good for 800-900hp.

Wheels I'm sticking with my motegi touge staggard set. 18X9 f 18X10 r. Gonna bump the back from 275 to 295 and a street/strip drag radial. Put it this way my car came on island last December with 3700 miles. I just broke 5000 so I'm not worried about wear. But the tires are gonna come after my engine build. no use wasting the traction then.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:24 PM
punish_her

ok here's the long lists of posts.

Finished up the test pipe install. The first pic is the setup of the bung for the O2 sensor and the Wide band O2 installed.

The second is the connector arrangement. I used the back clamp to secure the new wire, and secured the old O2 the the fron clip. routing the old O2 wire over and arround the new one adds support to the wire. I leveled out the new O2 conector next to the old one. I Zip tied the new to the old to the front clip. looks pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails F- the fealer going ballz deep!-widebando2.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-afconnection.jpg  
Old 09-23-2005, 07:36 PM
punish_her

I ran the wire from the top of the engine down the back and along the wire loom for the old O2 sensor. Make sure to run it behind the old loom when you wire tie it.

When you start to wire tie start from the bottomkeeping the slack out and keep it away from the exhaust. Attach the new wire to the bracket on the back side of the engine and along the bottom of the corrigated pipe, along the out side of the battery box under all the tubing and hard lines.
Attached Thumbnails F- the fealer going ballz deep!-running-wire-bottom.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-running-wire.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-running-wire-top.jpg  
Old 09-23-2005, 07:38 PM
punish_her

OK. run the wire to the large rubber gromment on the front of the battery box. Cut a hole in the gromment the size of the peice your trying to run (mostly the connector).

WD-40 the cut hole. Spray WD-40 on a rag and wipe down the cable. The WD-40 helps every thing slide realy easy. Thats about it for the engine compartment. Gonna run into the car tomorrow and mount the guages.

EDIT. the damn site mixed up the order of the pictures. Now heres the hard part, use logical train of thought to follow the pics. AKA don't lube the rubber before you cut it.
Attached Thumbnails F- the fealer going ballz deep!-busting-the-rubber.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-wdrubber.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-wdrag.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-wd-wire.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-throughrubber.jpg  

Last edited by punish_her; 09-23-2005 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:40 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn you guys and your FI...I can only dream about it. but I have heard from my body shop guy that vakamon has a 350z project drift car in the works with forged internals and some type of turbo setup. I saw the thing at my friends shop completely gutted with the front end being custom molded to fit the intercooler.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:06 PM
punish_her

You to can have FI. Here's the equation

single+steady govn't job+ strick budget+ lots of travel pay -stall fees (install fee's)/ time = the effort and sacrifice to do it.

So far with every thing that I've ordered and every thing on the car now I got 14-15K probably will be done arround 25-30K. So my Z will have 63K in it when its done and thats if I don't do body kits or paint.

Side note I REALY need to hook up my Emanage Ultimate. Car is running WAY rich even with out the A/F meter hooked I can tell. Smoke comming out from the tips at idel and after car is warmed up as well. The Emanage will help set every thing straight.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:36 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess if you have the will, then there's always a way. unfortunately my FI equation is way off. I've got: gfriend I have to help support + mediocre pay + minimal mechanical knowledge + no time = no FI for me. oh well...I guess if everyone had an FI Z then it wouldn't be so cool to have one that is...I'll just tell myself I'm helping to keep FI Z's cool:P
Old 09-23-2005, 11:18 PM
punish_her

there is other varriables in the equation too, like friend who do have mechanical skills, the ability to barder beer and/or pizza and/or hot chicks hanging arround.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:04 AM
redline350ZZ

Hmmm you said your running rich????? very odd when i put my N/A mods i was running lean untill i got a reflash.....

The body work will be done after all the go fast parts get put on...I have rock chips on my bumper from driving to darn fast in florida.....amazing what bugs do at 165MPH after a reflash...

I figure find a shop that wont test drive my car.....give them 2 weeks...get it back and be happy......
Old 09-24-2005, 08:25 PM
punish_her

Default FL Z's Makin a show

So lets see, I'm a FL Z, Red line a FL Z, SFZ and his wife (a z family) so thats 4. Looks like FL Z's are rising up and taken ova, woot woot yeah dawg. Nah just being stupid, there are getting to be a lot of FL Z's though.

Didn't get to do the guages today, but I did get my short shifter in. Topspeed from Japan. Yeah REALY SHORT!!!! Check it next to the diet dr. peper...
Attached Thumbnails F- the fealer going ballz deep!-shortshifter.jpg  
Old 09-24-2005, 08:28 PM
punish_her

Got it on ebay straight from Japan. $13 but shipping was $20, I gigured its normaly $50 and you pay shipping. I figgured I got a good deal.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:35 PM
punish_her

On the car issue, my Check engine just came on. I know it's running rich because the tips are sooting and ive only been driving it 24 hours. And you can smell the fuel in the exhaust. So yep need to rest the ECU. When I have time. Is there another way you can reset besides the 24 hour break stomping thing? I think that will help a bit.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:03 PM
punish_her

I forgot my camera again, but I compared the 2 shifter side by side. The shor shifter is a little over an inch shorter. Shifting is MUCH more crisp and responsive.

I went and bought an OBD2 reader and my car poped the codes P1283 and P1274. What do ya know those are 2 codes that come up with the cars air/fuel metering system is out of wack. I was told P1274 comes up if its too rich. Well the old nose was right.

Hell since I bought this if any one needs codes read and cleared let me know. that way you don't have to drop the extra $$$ on a reader. Well thats unless you realy want to.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:31 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by redline350ZZ
Hmmm you said your running rich????? very odd when i put my N/A mods i was running lean untill i got a reflash.....

The body work will be done after all the go fast parts get put on...I have rock chips on my bumper from driving to darn fast in florida.....amazing what bugs do at 165MPH after a reflash...

I figure find a shop that wont test drive my car.....give them 2 weeks...get it back and be happy......

On the research I've none if you pop P1283 with p1273 your running lean.

P1283 appears to be an air metering fault. This always apears with another code mainly P1273 or P1274.

Most of these codes have a low and a high tollerance. the 73 is low fuel content in exhaust and 74 is high fuel content.

All this is information I've gleaned from the net. So If the information is wrong please pop in and speak up. We need to get the right info in the right places because no one will do it for us.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:46 PM
redline350ZZ

when I talked to Techno SQ they said that test pipes or High flow cats make you run lean and the car will do some wierd compensations.....

you should get it tuned ASAP.....
Old 09-25-2005, 05:14 PM
punish_her

Plan on it. My sport harnes comes in Wend. so thursday or the emanage goes in. The Wide band will be hooked up and I'll try the self tune feature and see where that gets me. Had to work yesterday so after I do a few things today I'll put in wide band guage and see where I stand on AF.

Its odd that my OBD2 is throwing a rich code.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:49 PM
punish_her

Default Super Gay

After clearing the codes for a couple of days I noticed some weired things. The codes kept switching from banks 1 and 2 and rich and lean. My car is going through an identity crissis. I think its in the closset. WHY? Because its being SUPER GAY!!

So I decided to finally try the ECU reset and see if it will "learn the new mods. I was told after resetting it drive it hard so it will learn more about the agressive driving habbits and give a better timing and fuel curve. I don't know if this is true or not but I will find out. I'll start tomorrow with the harder driving.

Any suggestions, rumors, or hear say about the learning process. Still searching the subject.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:02 AM
redline350ZZ

My Turbo kit is supposed to arrive today........Friday Sep 30TH...

Hopefully I get out of work on time to RCV it.............

Install planned sometime in October......

Turbonetics S/T 8.5 PSI...
Old 10-01-2005, 01:47 AM
punish_her

just got back from a promo party for 101.9. I have a friend who works for the promotions section. I wone one of the contests: BEER DRINKING contest. Drank a liter of beer in under 40 seconds and gotta shirt and the gordans mug. I know I may get some words for drinking and driving but I had ONLY that one when I got there. So after 2.5 hours It wouldn't even register. Responsibility is my middle name.

But any who, enough of the social report.

Got my Sport harness, 650cc injectors, and the harnesses for them. The flow report wad pretty good for the injectors. lowest flowed 649.2cc/ minute; the the highest flowed 654.9. and at 80% duty cucly should be able to support 597.6 WHP, as per the calibration sheet.

So here are the pics...
Attached Thumbnails F- the fealer going ballz deep!-650cc.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-inje-harnes.jpg   F- the fealer going ballz deep!-sport-harnes.jpg  

Last edited by punish_her; 10-01-2005 at 01:50 AM.

Quick Reply: F- the fealer going ballz deep!