Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 05:58 AM
EM-EFER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when do you plan on doing the cams?
Old 11-05-2005, 09:44 AM
punish_her

Actually It's gonna be a bit on the cams. I bought them way early because I got a great deal on them. Next spring, I'm getting a forged low compression motor built for me along with some head work. Thats when they are going in. Sending them the HD valve springs and cams, they will install them with new brass valve guides and and oversized valves.

Thats when I'll get the most out of them. Other wise I'll have to install them then take them out then put them back in. Some people get way tocaught up in throwing stuff on too quickly, you know with out seeing how there car is down the road. I did every thing backwards. I know how I want my car then I dissasembled it in my head install by install.

My stage 3 is going to start in the spring and last through the summer. Forged engine, trip plate carbon clutch, 2 way limited slip dif, 14in 6pot Front 4 Pot Rear BBK. After that its little things to finish. Fine tuning the suspension, and may be finishing out the apearence (bi xenon's, body kit, ect.). That parts way down the road, like a year or more after the engine goes in.

Last edited by punish_her; 11-05-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:43 AM
punish_her

OH MY GOD I'M IN LOVE!!! Just finished installing my AVIC D1, and thanks to a little research; I have bypassed all the security functions and have route on the fly navigation.

Soooo much stuff I spent an hour in the car going over it scrolling through all the menue's. I will never be hungery, board, broke, or naked again. It has every thing in there. Including all the ATM's( even in the mall). Every resturaunt on islane is in there. You can look up locations by their telephone number or address. TOOO MMUUUCCCHHH!!! I need a navigator.

EDIT: I'll post pics and a quick how to when Im less tired. Also I finaly completed the wiring for the Defi boost guage. So So So So daam Seexy!

Last edited by punish_her; 11-06-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:22 PM
punish_her

I got some video of me messing arround with the AVIC. Its awsome, has almost every resturaunt, entertainment, yada yada yada... I said it all before but I found it even has strip clubs under entertainment

so here http://www.streamload.com/punish_her

Look at the AVIC D1. I also have the guage start ups on there as well.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:46 PM
punish_her

there may be a small chance that I may get repremanded on here. I posted some info in the 07 GTR section and some guy came back as a total dikhead... take a look https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....2&page=3&pp=20 . Yeah I happen to be in Japan right now and tried to pass some good info but this guys buttplug must be WAY TOO BIG and has been in way too long. Oh well battle chose, I am prepared for the flaming.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:21 PM
EM-EFER

I like reading everything you have done... Could you give me some tips/info on doing my clutch and flywheel?

BTW I love the comments in this thread.. cracks me up.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:26 PM
punish_her

Originally Posted by lukesnyder
I like reading everything you have done... Could you give me some tips/info on doing my clutch and flywheel?

BTW I love the comments in this thread.. cracks me up.
Lessons learned:

1) It's real easy to pull a tranny, if you find all the hidden bolts. There is one real easy to miss above the starter. It's easier to access all the bolts if you drop the suspension subframe; plus more manuvering room for all you pullin and pushing needs

2) Use a tranny jack. The tranny isn't that heavy compared to say a chevy Turbo 350 tranny but its a pain to hold up and align every thing. Not impossable, just a pain in the dik.

3) mark your drive shaft (propellar shaft) prior to removal.

4) Bring it out nice and level. 3 quarts of SAE 85 is a bich to wash out of your cloathes.

5) Pulling your pressure plate and clutch cover and fly wheel is easy. The old pressure plate makes a pretty good shop clock. Just get one of those clock kits from a hobby shop and your in business. When installing your flywheel and clutch DO NOT TOUCH ANY FRICTION SURFACE WITH BARE HANDS. This will cause a premature hot spot on the friction surface due to the oil on you hands. And yes you sitting there in the dark reading this, even that little bit on you finger tip will cause a hot spot remember mechanical rule # 7 Oil reduces friction, brakes increase friction don't mix them. Even if it does quiet down that squeaky brake pad

6) On the Z the is a dowel pin that aligns the fly wheel for timing via the CAS make sure the pin is in the right hole. The hole on the oposite side is for the Maxima timing. Pin in that hole = BOOM!. Check the directions and servive manual.

7) Unless you know the tricks, its hard to get the correct torque on the fly wheel bolts. (holding onto the oposite side for dear life and hope you don't punch youself in the side of the head with the torque wrench if it slips. It realy hurts.) Have one person hold the oposite side of the fly wheel.

8) Follow the service manual, 2 stage torque, removing the bolts after the 1st tightening and use Loctite Red. Do the final torque to specs.

9) Clutch alignment tools are always a good thing. Lining up the splines with out one is a real pain especialy if you don't heed lesson 2.

10) from my experience installing trannies (not men in womens cloathing) if you have more than 5k change the throw-out bearing. If you have less than that you should be fine. If you have any worries or concerns, just change it.

11) The clutch cover is easy, real light torque. Loctite Red never hurts either.

12) The oposite of lesson 1, to include the hidden bolt. Dont forget the breather tube on the 12 O' clock bolt.

13) Check and recheck all your torque specs. Don't be a retard if your not 100% positive on the answer look it up. A bolt comming loose at 6600 RPM is definately not a good thing (even though your rotational mass was reduce increasing your net WHP). Yeah you laugh, but I had a friend put 4 of 10 bolts in on his fly wheel subcribing to that theory and it sheard those 4 and became a 14lb circular saw blade spinning up into the cabin of the car. Poor, poor, stero it wasn't it's fault it's owner was a raging dumb a$$.

14) If you have spare parts some thing is definately wrong.

Thats all for now, I do emphaticly want to point out you do not want to do any work on your car with out the service manual.

Side note:

I cant wait to get back home to put on my Intake and fuel return system, my pump came in the friday before I left. I'm also hooking up the speed signal wire and the auto tunig setup. Looking more and more into the remote logger switch so I don't have to lug arround that dam laptop. Hopefuly I get my boost controller and safe guard before the turbos go in; that way I can be at 410-420whp out of the chute.

Looks like its time for me to shut up, and go away for a while.

Love, peace and fitting grease. Be back Tuesday.

EDIT:

Thanks for having my back in the GT-R thread.
BTW whose the bottle licker in your Avatar?

Last edited by punish_her; 11-11-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:47 AM
redline350ZZ

Yeah I just finishes my tranny.....

Another thing...drain the oil...just in case.... I havent but some times an accident could occur and oil goes everywhere......Just a Note My throw out bearing sucked so I changed mine out......probably because of the Tilton clutch / flywheel combo........

Get some Lithium grease and grease up the little white plactic cup the ball of your shifter sits in...hell while ur at it get a Short throw

use locktight on all ur tranny bolts....I didnt last time...TQ to spec.... I dont even wanna say how many were very loose when I removed again this time....

I have some Crawford High flow cats and Stock cats...(useless TURBO now) sitting in my garage....I paid 500 for em 10k miles on em as well as parts of a Injen CA intake..... If u want these items let me know
Old 11-12-2005, 10:50 AM
redline350ZZ

Originally Posted by punish_her

6) On the Z the is a dowel pin that aligns the fly wheel for timing via the CAS make sure the pin is in the right hole. The hole on the oposite side is for the Maxima timing. Pin in that hole = BOOM!. Check the directions and servive manual.

OK u got me worried now...I have a after market Flywheel and didn see any pin????
Old 11-12-2005, 11:02 AM
redline350ZZ

LOL o thats funny.....I cant remember now...Im second guessing myself
Old 11-15-2005, 06:10 AM
punish_her

Yep there is an alignment pin on the fly wheel, I think its on the back side where it mates to the crank. It's like 70 to 90 degrees off of each other. At the 4:30 and 7:30 position if the pin holes are at the bottom.

All the technical specs are hazzy havn't been sleeping well so I'm not sure of the exact specifics but they are on there and it was a bich to line up with out totaly recessing the pin (it was just tapped in on the JWT Fly wheel).
Old 11-15-2005, 07:21 AM
redline350ZZ

well my car is idle'in fine...so I guess I must be good right...hehe
Old 11-21-2005, 07:17 PM
punish_her

YEAH I'm getting back from my trip tomorrow now I can start back on the car. Hell its easier to go with out sex than not work on the car. The car needs 5 days of dedication every hour I can spare. For sex 2 or 3 hours a day is good.

So yeah back with the installing!!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:19 PM
redline350ZZ

where u doing it??????
Old 11-23-2005, 06:16 PM
punish_her

I'm baaaaacckkkkkk.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:12 PM
redline350ZZ

LOL...start a new thead when u pick up a wrench....people might die reading this 1