Notices

GT Motorsports Stroker Kit Upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 02:57 PM
z33boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very impressive, i wonder what else you have coming for us..can't wait to see more info on those turbo cams
Old 10-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ken350z
Has anyone actually made an engine work using this kit? What does it take to get it working? Which EMS? I can't help but notice the lack of details about results NA or FI. Even the web site is "coming soon".
The description above says, "Achieving reliability that is required in street-driven cars at extreme performance levels...". How many miles do you have on how many engines to prove that reliability?
I don't mean to give you a hard time but these are reasonable questions for a $9000 product.
Those are reasonable questions. We addressed reliability extensively when engineering a kit. When an OEM builds engines, they do not just go with one setup and see if it stands the abuse. THere is a lot of science involved, which basically means overenginering the components. Our setup however didnt jsut overengineered one part but every single part that would be involved. Given that almost no oem uses chromoly steel because of cost issues and still comes up with very durable components that can withstand very high power levels, our components will do that with the same large margin of safety that nissan built into the VQ35DE that puts out about 300hp.
Specifically
- Using the described components
- pressure testing EVERY block to 30psi while simulating normal engine temps
- keeping the piston oil jets
- using the highest quality machining equipment and some of the best machinists in the industry
- doing all this in-house with very high QC standards
- GTM builds engines for top shops in the US and has had ZERO failures to date, ZERO, which is outstanding success and reliability .that comes with more than just being lucky
Old 10-21-2006, 03:55 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by z33boi
very impressive, i wonder what else you have coming for us..can't wait to see more info on those turbo cams
Yes, youll like those i promise you
Old 10-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
GTM or Sharif, please explain the details of the setup.
the 8900 price is for a complete short block ,which includes crank ,pistons rods ,bearings, sleeving ,assembly of the short block and pressure testing, fitting of the timeserts to accept 12mm studs (studs are included).

core is required.

we will machine your heads as well to accept 12 mm studs ,at no additional charege (heads must be disasembled and clean)

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 10-21-2006 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:07 PM
jlimquest

Would this work with the TN ST & is this an installed price (parts & labor) for the TN kit? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
the 8900 price is for a comple short block ,which inludes crank ,pistons rods ,berings, sleeving ,assembly of the short block and pressure testing, fitting of the timeserts to accept 12mm studs (studs are included).

core is reqiired.

we will machine your heads as well to accept 12 mm studs ,at no additional charege (heads must be disasembled and clean)
Old 10-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by meatbag
What rod lengths are you using for the different cranks?
same length rods ,for all the cranks. It's the crank design (length of the arm) that gets you the different stroke
Old 10-21-2006, 04:14 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

I have been involved with GTM a little over the last few months. You can get any compression you desire from 8.0 to 12.5:1
Old 10-21-2006, 04:16 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jlimquest
Would this work with the TN ST & is this an installed price (parts & labor) for the TN kit? Thanks.
This is pricing for a "built/stroked" short block only. This will work with any turbo or supercharged application. If you would like a qoute for this package plus the R&R of your engine with turbo kit I will be more than happy to provide one.

Thanks!

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 10-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Now as far is engine management, there is a misconseption that when you have a stroker engine you need to use a certain engine management. Definately this is not the case. I'm not suggesting to use a reflash for the ecu engine mangment. You are investing in the mother of all engines. The more capable the EM the better; having the ultimate timing and knock control is a must and that is a no brainer . And if you're asking what i would recomend, it's be a very capable standalone like the hks f con vpro. The most important thing is that it's extermely robust, most mature, and time proven.

Now i know the availability limitation of hks pro dealers. This is why gtm will be offering aem and Motec very shortly! Yes you heard it here. We have been working on the aem box for quite a while now . gtm aem box is running on our shop car and we are planning for a press release in the next few days . To clarify, I always recommend the Vpro, but there are some very exciting things happening in the near future for EMs and the VQ35.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:57 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
same length rods ,for all the cranks. It's the crank design (length of the arm) that gets you the different stroke
Sorry should have also asked are they same length as stock or different?
Old 10-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

they are different
Old 10-21-2006, 05:10 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

WOw very nice Sam and crew. I cant wait to see some numbers.
Maybe 1khpZ ??
Old 10-21-2006, 05:17 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Maybe....

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 10-21-2006, 05:48 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Nice...

Maybe premature yet you are saying they are available NOW!

Any News on Output and Performance?

Torque
WHP
Boost Levels
Fuel needs
Injectors Needed
Cooling Issues?

We are at Cal-speedway, right next to you again Sunday 10-23-06, bring your test car out and let's see how she runs.

Thanks and Good-luck!

M
Old 10-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Nice...

Torque
WHP
Boost Levels
Fuel needs
Injectors Needed
Cooling Issues?

We are at Cal-speedway, right next to you again Sunday 10-23-06, bring your test car out and let's see how she runs.

Thanks and Good-luck!

M
Hey Michael

The kits are available now, but I imagine it will be a coupe months before GTM and other shops around the country have installed the kits on a number of vehicles. Power is a function of many factors. The stroker kit is the platform...but it is up to each tuner shop to compliment these higher displacement kits, with the appropriate fuel, tuning, and auxilliary system requirements.

You should talk to Sam and visit GT Motorsports. GTM is coming up with some amazing products for the 350Z....you two could partner on a few projects I am sure.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

A VRT tuned stroker kit
Old 10-21-2006, 06:45 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
A VRT tuned stroker kit
Nothing like SplitSecond tuned by VRT in 20minutes on a $10,000+ motor.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:47 PM
tig488

^oh Snap!
Old 10-21-2006, 06:53 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Nice...

Torque
WHP
Boost Levels
Fuel needs
Injectors Needed
Cooling Issues?

Thanks and Good-luck!

M

Yes, the kit is available now. It's the turnaround time that's 6-8 weeks. And believe me, when it's done right, it'll be done right. NO split-second here, the cornerstone of VRT engine management expertise. Proper engine management with full contol of the engine parameters, like Fcon, MoTeC or AEM (in that order, as it stands now). If you use the splitsecond box, you will blow it in a split second.

And I am not clear on the fuel needs/injectors neede? You are saying this like it's rocket science. It obviously depends on a number of variables. And you will definitly need a return system with proper rails to address pressure drop after each injector in line...a stock fuel rail will definitly not do.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:30 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by GurgenPB
Yes, the kit is available now. It's the turnaround time that's 6-8 weeks. And believe me, when it's done right, it'll be done right. NO split-second here, the cornerstone of VRT engine management expertise. Proper engine management with full control of the engine parameters, like Fcon, MoTeC or AEM (in that order, as it stands now). If you use the split-second box, you will blow it in a split second.

And I am not clear on the fuel needs/injectors need? You are saying this like it's rocket science. It obviously depends on a number of variables. And you will definitely need a return system with proper rails to address pressure drop after each injector in line...a stock fuel rail will definitely not do.
GurgenPB,

Why the negativity? Why The attacks...Split Second - Fcon, whatever - only a tools... Are you kidding...

Just figured if they had the product for sale, they already had it installed on a car regardless of the EMS. They are a shop and certainly can't imagine there isn't a test car with dynos, track times, fuel set-up.

The EMS doesn't make your car faster or safer (if tuned or misused), Cars Arrive to VRT WITH BLOWN MOTORS using all sort of EMS' including Fcon, Utec, Greddy Emanage and more.

So once again, it seems as if all you can do is bag on VRT or JWT for using Split Second yet it is amazing how SOOOO FEW if any VRT/JWT customers are complaining. We have built over 60 cars in the last year and no major problems. And making big power with Split Second isn't a problem either so plese stop with the Attacks Gurgen. Let's keep it positive.

NOTE: I AM NOT BAGGING ON Fcon, JUST MAKING A POINT THE EMS DOES'T make the car faster or safer (if the user or tuner screws up), if it does - show me on the track!

Yet in the meantime, I would love to try one of these motors and see if they can OUT PERFORM one of our built G/Zs with the BB700s. It would be great and I bet I could get a magazine to cover it...Having fun with Import Tuner and Sports Compact at the track today.

I will contact you Sam and GTM. PM Sent...If you want to meet at Cal-speedway just to hangout or take a drive in one of our cars, would love that Sam.

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Hey Michael

You should talk to Sam and visit GT Motorsports. GTM is coming up with some amazing products for the 350Z....you two could partner on a few projects I am sure.

Thanks Sharif...Am definitely interested in faster-safer-more torque proven set-ups...ALWAYS.

Last edited by mraturbo; 10-21-2006 at 09:15 PM.

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports Stroker Kit Upgrade...