Notices

GT Motorsports Stroker Kit Upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Laujik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey im new to these forums and from Canada eh!

Anyways, im so glad i havent ordered that SGP racing block because im very interested in the kit. With this Z owners are looking at a whole new broad band of power! Wondering if you are accepting orders from up north and if so, im very interested to see dyno results on the test vehicle. (also some track footage)

Excellent work guys! Truly impressive.

Matt
Old 10-23-2006, 08:43 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
REALLY?! So you guys build over 1 car per week? Just wondering how? I've been to Sam's setup at GTM, he has a huge facility with 12 lifts, a dyno, about 30+ cars in there at all times, and he doesn't build 60 cars per year, I'm sure of it... what's your secret?

impressive

-TODD
Call me and we can discuss.

M
Old 10-23-2006, 09:24 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Call me and we can discuss.

M
send me a pm, I'm out of town now
Old 10-23-2006, 09:28 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Exclamation

As you could have guessed, we will be one of the distributers of the GTM Stroker motors as well, as you can imagine, pricing will all be very similar, with Sam, Sharif, and myself, there will surely be a shop closest to you for purchase and install of a stroker monster!

-TODD
Old 10-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by legend4life
What is the stock rod length, and rod length of your rods?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each stroke length available over the others? Why would someone want to go with 87mm over 90mm?

How do the differing rod/stroke ratio's affect powerband and high rpm power production ability of the motor?
87mm vs 90mm.... 90mm is what gives you more displacement, but the 87mm will allow higher possible rpm, because of the shorter stroke.

Bore/stroke ratios determine the shape of the torque curve. The greater the stroke the greater midrange torque, while opposite is true for higher bore/stroke ratio setups.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by symalik
back to GTM.... awsome kits, what other additions are made for a longblock set up, other then cleaning the heads... as part of a package? Or is it all custom setups?
We do offer differnt stages for heads, stages 1 through 4. Also, different short/long block combionations. We will be posting soon about the head packages.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by captj3
Will this kit work on a rev up motor?
Our shop car is an 06 revup, and this kit is on the car . We'll be posting the results soon.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:24 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by Laujik
Hey im new to these forums and from Canada eh!

Anyways, im so glad i havent ordered that SGP racing block because im very interested in the kit. With this Z owners are looking at a whole new broad band of power! Wondering if you are accepting orders from up north and if so, im very interested to see dyno results on the test vehicle. (also some track footage)

Excellent work guys! Truly impressive.

Matt
Absolutely. As a matter of fact the first engines going to our customer in Canada, and the second is going to Japan.

Stay tuned for the dyno's in the near future, most likely 3-4 weeks, given SEMA, etc....
Old 10-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Paulie35th350z

hey Sam this is Paul with the yellow Z.

you dynotuned my car a few weeks ago and I was interested in supercharging my car with a vortech kit, but after seeing this thread, I am now interested with this stroker kit for N/A setup. However I have read that you recommend the FCon for this set up and since that I bought the UTEC from you and got it tuned there at your shop, do you think the UTEC will still work good? kinda dont wanna go get another EMS then have to deal with the stress of sellin this one that I have now. If I HAVE to go with the FCon then I will probably just go with the UTEC unless you say otherwise.

Ill probably stop by soon and check it out. I know that you guys have been workin hard on this kit for awhile. I remember when nick was still workin there he told me about the kit.. that it was in the works. now it's done. good job man!

Last edited by Paulie35th350z; 10-25-2006 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by Paulie35th350z
hey Sam this is Paul with the yellow Z.

you dynotuned my car a few weeks ago and I was interested in supercharging my car with a vortech kit. However, after seeing this thread, I am now interested with this kit. However I have read that you recommend the FCon for this set up and since that I bought the UTEC from you and got it tuned there at your shop, do you think the UTEC will still work good? kinda dont wanna go get another EMS then have to deal with the stress of sellin this one that I have now. If I HAVE to go with the FCon then I will probably just go with the UTEC unless you say otherwise.

Ill probably stop by soon and check it out. I know that you guys have been workin hard on this kit for awhile. I remember when nick was still workin there he told me about the kit.. that it was in the works. now it's done. good job man!
If we are talkign about an NA setup, then the UTEC with it's 10 load sites will be ok. However, for an FI setup at high boost levels, UTEC is really does not have the resolution required, so Fcon is really the only real good/viable option. We can work something out about the UTEC.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:51 AM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

Heres a question. The full kit runs around 9g right, is there a cheaper solution that will still provide decent power?

I guess Im asking if its necessary to purchase the whole kit. Im wondering what it takes to raise the compression for a little bit more power withought spending 9g.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:23 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm surprised i missed this...Can't wait for the results.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:34 AM
atlsupdawg#2

Sam, I have a question for ya, and this not questioning anything about your kit, but more of a curiosity thing. What is the compression height of the pistons you use for a 90mm stroke?

The reason I ask is because earlier this year I was researching building my own stroker kit, Thread Is Here, and after some prelim. measurements to determine a good rod length and comp height for the pistons, called JE for a price quote. Evidently, I was told that the pin would have to be bored through a portion of the oil ring. So I in turn asked how much extra it would cost to have buttons machined. The guy told me that that was bad idea and that the least he'd go on comp height was 25mm. I didn't believe that this would pose much of problem but I didn't feel like debating the issue. The pistons in your kit seem to be manufactured this way, so that's why I asked. I honestly didn't believe what he was telling me.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Speed_Force_350

man I want the stroker kit so bad!arrrrrr
Old 10-26-2006, 10:44 PM
o snap its eric

so whos first to try this kit out and to get numbers?
Old 10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
aalzuhair

Sam,

1) Any update of the EMS?
2) Do you think you guys should look into the main cap girdle?
3) Why not include an O-ring with the package
4) what about a 90MM throttle body cast?

Thanks,

Az

Last edited by aalzuhair; 10-29-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:23 PM
Chambers

Can GTM tune the F-Con?
Old 11-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Chambers
Can GTM tune the F-Con?
yes
Old 11-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by atlsupdawg#2
Sam, I have a question for ya, and this not questioning anything about your kit, but more of a curiosity thing. What is the compression height of the pistons you use for a 90mm stroke?

The reason I ask is because earlier this year I was researching building my own stroker kit, Thread Is Here, and after some prelim. measurements to determine a good rod length and comp height for the pistons, called JE for a price quote. Evidently, I was told that the pin would have to be bored through a portion of the oil ring. So I in turn asked how much extra it would cost to have buttons machined. The guy told me that that was bad idea and that the least he'd go on comp height was 25mm. I didn't believe that this would pose much of problem but I didn't feel like debating the issue. The pistons in your kit seem to be manufactured this way, so that's why I asked. I honestly didn't believe what he was telling me.
We've been finishing the lower ring grove with buttons for well over a year now with our Arias ED pistons. It is a common practice in racing pistons, where the top ring land must be enlarged. Remember, you only have so much area to work with, so buttons become a requirment. The GTM Arias Stoker pistons take the same approach, so I dont see an issue with it.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Very interesting Sam. I can't wait to see your results.

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports Stroker Kit Upgrade...