Notices

GT Motorsports Stroker Kit Upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Michael, this is Sam and GT Motorsports thread..not a VRT thread.

You and I both know.....a fast circuit car is 80% DRIVER.....not the level of power you have, or how perfectly your car is setup for the track. All things play an issue, but the fact is, a bone stock car with slicks will probably run circles around cars with double the power levels, and tens of thousands in modifications....on MOST tracks.

Oh, and I'd to like to see the list of your customer's cars that arrived with blown motors...running FCON's. Unless they were pushing the limits of the stock block, I find that highly unlikely....given that HKS has some of the most rigorous requirements for authorizing their Pro-Dealers to tune FCON's.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:14 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Michael, this is Sam and GT Motorsports thread..not a VRT thread.

You and I both know.....a fast circuit car is 80% DRIVER.....not the level of power you have, or how perfectly your car is setup for the track. All things play an issue, but the fact is, a bone stock car with slicks will probably run circles around cars with double the power levels, and tens of thousands in modifications....on MOST tracks.

Oh, and I'd to like to see the list of your customer's cars that arrived with blown motors...running FCON's. Unless they were pushing the limits of the stock block, I find that highly unlikely...given that HKS has some of the most rigorous requirements for authorizing their Pro-Dealers to tune FCON's.
Yes, and I am interested in GTM's stroker kit, not to talk about it, yet to BUY it, try it, tune it, and test it.

First and foremost, my statements aren't in any way NEGATIVITY towards HKS Fcon or GTM and/or any of it's users or customers. In anyway. Yet Gurgen statements are all negative toward VRT and I really think that is Totally unnecessary.

If you would like to discuss our experiences over the phone, no problem. Just pointing out we have seen car(s) and rebuilt their motors with Fcon and other EMS outside of Split Second. And yes, they were on built motors and yes they were blown.

Not that the customer didn't screw them with over-boost, or crappy fuel, or bad tuning...we all know that can happen, yet this is an absolute fact.

I appreciate your opinions, and positive statements yet I don't go around trying to attack anyone, I am totally interested in solutions, just don't appreciate some of the things Gurgen is saying or eluding to. Don't need to talk crap, doesn't do any of us any good.

And please do not take my invitations to the track as NEGATIVE, we are always tracking, the best way I know how to test and evaluate a car. And yes you are right Sharif, the driver is everything at a track to a point. It helps to have a well built car that can withstand lap after lap after lap regardless...

Thanks again for understanding my position and I APOLOGIZE if it seemed as if I was being negative toward GTM or HKS Fcon, not my intentions AT ALL I assure you of this.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 10-21-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:16 PM
legend4life

What is the stock rod length, and rod length of your rods?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of each stroke length available over the others? Why would someone want to go with 87mm over 90mm?

How do the differing rod/stroke ratio's affect powerband and high rpm power production ability of the motor?

Last edited by legend4life; 10-21-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:23 PM
TTRANK

Can't wait to see the results of this kit!
Old 10-21-2006, 09:20 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

OK..Michael/VRT

I had a very long response that i was typing up about what you said..but i just don't want to take away from this thread and get offtopic...

I can summarize your sentiment, which is what i have a problem with pointing out the following:

1) Your quote
NOTE: I AM NOT BAGGING ON Fcon, JUST MAKING A POINT THE EMS DOES'T make the car faster or safer (if the user or tuner screws up) in all cases if any, if it does - show me on the track!
This is what i am talking about... I hope every one of your customers is reading this. Not faster or safer?

2) Your remarks about me are personal... let me just tell, i don't have to show off to be smarter than you. You make me laugh... You are comparing my posts with your 90% BS/sales.

3) My negative sentiments about your professinal abilities started at Spring Mountain last spring, when i showed you my dyno graph and tune to get your opinion on it, and the first thing you said "you gotta go with the splitsecond"... there was nothing to be fixed. Don't knw your wrenching abilities, but you don't know anything about tuning, which is nearly the 99% determinant of safety and success of a motor build... but then again you say that EMS makes no difference on how fast/safe the car is. Incredible...
Old 10-21-2006, 09:32 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Wow,

Attacks again...Funny

Is that were all of your negativity about me, VRT, JWT, and Split Second came from? Then I owe you an apology for not spending more time with you when you asked what EMS we would use, I gave you an honest answer. At least now I can understand why you continue to make consistent attacks on me, VRT, and Split Second.

So Please, Let's eliminate the negativity. You don't have to like me, but keep the BS out of the equation.

Yet I will repeat, it doesn't matter what EMS you use, Fcon, Split Second, Greddy, Utech, I don't care, if the User or the Tuner Screws up, the result is the same...A pile of junk with holes in it.

My invitation stands for meeting at the track, not to talk crap, just to get more Z and Gs to the track and share ideas, systems, performance, and more!

As for going off topic, I will not just not going to stand still while you take unnecessary cheap shots. I will look forward to talking to Sam and crew about buying their kit. It is about time someone came up with a great kit to increase these car's displacement.

Have a nice night Gurgen and please come by Cal-speedway Sunday if you can.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 10-21-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:32 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought he just meant that the name brand that's on the box of the EMS doesn't matter as much as the tune...
Old 10-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by sentry65
i thought he just meant that the name brand that's on the box of the EMS doesn't matter as much as the tune...
But to say that an eManage blue or Split Second box can deliver a safe/powerful tune on par with an FCON is absolutely false.

Michael, I am not attacking you, but I dont want people to get the idea that all engine management computers are created equally. Nothing could be further from the truth, and misconceptions need to corrected on a public forum.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:36 PM
sugarspunZ

Received 665 Likes on 524 Posts

i think VRT got OWNED!!!

Last edited by sugarspunZ; 10-21-2006 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:44 PM
thawk408

dude chill out on the bold. we can all read without it.

Last edited by thawk408; 10-21-2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:14 AM
symalik

back to GTM.... awsome kits, what other additions are made for a longblock set up, other then cleaning the heads... as part of a package? Or is it all custom setups?
Old 10-22-2006, 01:39 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Thanks for seeing the point. All you have to do is read.

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
But to say that an eManage blue or Split Second box can deliver a safe/powerful tune on par with an FCON is absolutely false.

Michael, I am not attacking you, but I dont want people to get the idea that all engine management computers are created equally. Nothing could be further from the truth, and misconceptions need to corrected on a public forum.
No problem and understand. Yet still need to make sure all know that regardless of the EMS, the tuner and the customer can always screw things up in the end and NOTHING is bulletproof regardless of its brand-name or features.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 10-22-2006 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:42 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah I don't think all EMS's are created equal, but if you have an expensive Fcon or MOTEC with a dangerous tune vs a lesser EMS with a good safe tune, well it's obvious which is going to run the car better and cost less in the long run

Ultimately it's on the shoulders of the owner. Hopefully the shop knows how to tune well

If HKS would have more certified shops or at least one local, I would have been using that a long time ago
Old 10-22-2006, 01:43 AM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Yes symalik

You are right.. This is about GTM, not my personal feeligns toward VRT, that should have been left alone. And what you said at teh track is not the only place I am draewing my conclusions from. Of course I do not agree with you at all, but again, not getting into this.

I saw the parts in person today (again), and it's truly a work of art. It's really really well done. I wish I could find someone who needed my kidney (one of them).
Old 10-22-2006, 01:45 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GurgenPB
I wish I could find someone who needed my kidney (one of them).
I may need a liver in a few years
Old 10-22-2006, 01:48 AM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

yeah I don't think all EMS's are created equal, but if you have an expensive Fcon or MOTEC with a dangerous tune vs a lesser EMS with a good safe tune, well it's obvious which is going to run the car better and cost less in the long run

Ultimately it's on the shoulders of the owner. Hopefully the shop knows how to tune well

If HKS would have more certified shops or at least one local, I would have been using that a long time ago
Yes that's true, but we are talking apples to apples comparison. A tuner that is capable of tuning the car perfectly requires hardware that's capable to get a perfect tune. The best tuner in the world cannot get to the level of consistency required for a really high HP car out of a splitsecond/unichip/greddy. The worst tuner in the world will actually get a worse tune out of a better/more sophisticated standlone than he would out of a splitsecond/greddy. But we need to consider apples to apples.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:06 AM
captj3

VRT and Gurgen I think it's very rude of you to mess up sam's thread. If you guys want to fight start your own thread or take it to PM's. Vendors should know better than to get involved with other people arguing. Now both of you grow up.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:14 AM
dutchboy

Mother of God. Why can't we just have an informative thread without a sales pitch from VRT?

Anyway. Sam, will your distributors (mainly Forged/Sharif) be installing the stroker kits, or do they send the block back to you to have the work done?
Old 10-22-2006, 04:41 AM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchboy
Mother of God. Why can't we just have an informative thread without a sales pitch from VRT?

Anyway. Sam, will your distributors (mainly Forged/Sharif) be installing the stroker kits, or do they send the block back to you to have the work done?
Depends if you get the parts alone or the whole shortblock deal.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:11 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by captj3
VRT and Gurgen I think it's very rude of you to mess up sam's thread. If you guys want to fight start your own thread or take it to PM's. Vendors should know better than to get involved with other people arguing. Now both of you grow up.
Thanks.

You are right. GTM thread and hopefully we can try this motor soon.

Sorry for the misdirection on my part.

M

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports Stroker Kit Upgrade...