Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 06:34 PM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
they need something for the G35!
This by no means 350z specific. It is a universal product that makes anyone's life easier when mounting the IQ3. Have you thought about buying a Metra G35c aftermarket stereo install kit? Looks like that would give you some room.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:25 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if you monitor O2 Correction 1 and O2 Correction 2 should they be reading the same value?

The reason I ask is that with the Signal loop in place O2WB1 and O2WB2 read the same but I only see one channel correcting?

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
Haltech will trim the banks individually based on the o2 inputs/calibrations, so both calibrations need to be the same if using one sensor. The Haltech perfectly interpolates, and AEM is linear - so you only need 2 cells as shown below (0v=10afr, 5v=20afr).

Old 12-22-2009, 05:14 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MR RIZK
HAL,

Haltech changed mine when I had it installed where by my O2 wideband is actually connected to the external MAP sensor POS harness. ie: they changed the sensor numbers for me.

If I upgrade the firmware will this be removed ie: will this change be reverted?

Cheers,
Michael
Originally Posted by MR RIZK
So if you monitor O2 Correction 1 and O2 Correction 2 should they be reading the same value?

The reason I ask is that with the Signal loop in place O2WB1 and O2WB2 read the same but I only see one channel correcting?
Michael,
You need to direct all your questions to whomever did your custom o2 sensor wiring and ecu calibration modifications.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default Haltech 1.06.1 Software Release

Haltech ECU Manager 1.06.1 is now available, packed with new features and updates! Included with the software is new 350Z firmware 1.06.

A few of the key updates:
Long term fuel trims - in addition to bank-specific closed loop o2 correction
Long term knock retard
-
PC Logging - Records every channel displayed in software. This is in addition to the automatic onboard datalogging.
Log playback overlaying maps - watch your logs replayed on your maps in realtime, slowed, or paused.
Full screen tuning, delayed decel-cut after startup, customizable maf-output, programmable shortcut keys

As always, please backup your existing map and look through the software fully before updating your ecu.

Download here: http://www.injectedperformance.com/haltech/

Screenshot taken in my office, viewing log over map:

*Note to G35's using wheel speed input: RCdash was kind enough to verify that the G35 wheel speed channels are not coming through on CAN. We are working to fix this asap.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:45 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

does the customizable maf output mean that it can fool the car into thinking there is a MAF present?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

does the customizable maf output mean that it can fool the car into thinking there is a MAF present?
I believe this to be the case. Auto cars should take special care in mapping this when/if removing the MAF.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:10 AM
str8dum1

but if you want to run fully in closed loop and have the ECU try to match target values, you still need you MAF, right?
Old 12-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

but if you want to run fully in closed loop and have the ECU try to match target values, you still need you MAF, right?
I am not certain I understand your question, please be more specific.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:54 AM
str8dum1

For closed loop tuning, do you need a MAF sensor?

by closed loop I mean that the EMS automatically adjusts the fuel trims to match your Target value tables.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

For closed loop tuning, do you need a MAF sensor?

by closed loop I mean that the EMS automatically adjusts the fuel trims to match your Target value tables.
No, absolutely not. Bank-specific o2 correction works regardless of MAF sensor being installed/calibrated/etc.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:17 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hal this is the current unit. ie: No custom stuff. Just a vanilla box with final 1.06 software (the silver one). You are thinking about my old ecu from months ago which had the modifications. (the red one)

Using the standard AMP connector with the signal wire looped in pin 2 and 3

Unless there is something funky on mine that I'm not aware of. Your screen shot above shows O2 correction on both. Any chance you can shoot me a base map that you typically use so I can test please.

Michael,
You need to direct all your questions to whomever did your custom o2 sensor wiring and ecu calibration modifications.

Last edited by MR RIZK; 12-22-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:59 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Might be coincidental with upgrade to v1.06, but my car has died coming to a stop on a few occasions these past couple days. Restarts but dies in 2 secs without applying throttle for a few secs and then it settles down. Widebands read ok. Just a heads up in case anyone else experiences something similar. Perhaps I developed a vacuum leak or a sensor issue.

Last edited by rcdash; 12-27-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Do the 3D map graphics on 1.06 look funny to anyone else? I had been using the 1.06 early release, and the 3D graphics looked normal, but since downloading the 'official' version, my map looks terrible. The intersection lines are 2-3 times more thick, making the smaller breakpoints I have setup for the lower rpms impossible to read. It just looks like a very low res version of normal.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:40 PM
rcdash

1. In regards to my issue, I think I went a little overboard with the copy through (C) feature at low load. Use above about 1400 rpms results in wacky ignition advance values (flashes red with values into the 300s). I reset copy through for idle control only (1200 rpms and below at high vacuum) and the car seems happier with that. Testing will continue but so far so good.

2. The 3D graphics seem just the same to me.

3. The PC data logging and playback "as though the engine is running in your office" feature seriously ROCKS! OMG.

4. Can someone explain each parameter for the long term fuel trim. How big is the map (resolution?) for the fuel trim values. What are the rpm cut offs?

EDIT: Update on #1 - so far so good - reducing the copy through cells to just those needed for idle seems to have eliminated the problem. Hal, what does it mean if the IGN #1 timing jumps say from 16 degrees to 300+ degrees and flashes red in a Haltech number gauge a "copy through" field on the ign map?

PS> For those unable to post on this site, delete ALL temporary internet files (make sure the first checkbox in IE "preserve favorites website data" is unchecked) and they retry.

Last edited by rcdash; 12-28-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Chris@FSP: 3D graphics also appear correctly for me.

RCDash:
1. Were you able to get the 'coming to a stop' issue sorted?
Copy-through ignition timing can be applied to large areas, such as all areas in vacuum. I have experienced the same thing where it ignition 1 firing angle will occasionally display wild numbers while copythrough is on - but this is not a reflection of an actual ignition value. When copythrough is on, the oem values are passed through properly.
3. PC Logging is incredible. Very helpful, especially when dyno or street tuning.
4. I don't recall the specifics on long term trim, but I believe your map is divided into fourths and trims are stored that way. Trims only work as good as the original mapping.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:45 AM
gecof1

Hal One question

How I can now turn on and off data logging. How I can view the logs? Is this feature now disbled in 1.0.6. Under setup TAB there is not existing Data logging sub menu.

Thanks
George
Old 12-30-2009, 04:39 AM
rcdash

All of the logging is now in the Data Manager "tab" at the bottom. You can enable PC logging or on board logging.

Hal, I have noticed that on playback at the very slow rate (0.1x), some values seem to be out of sync with others which does not give me confidence that the rpm and load targetting is accurate. For example, my target AFR value for a brief span will be "ahead" of the load/rpm marker. If I look at the target AFR grid, the marker will be in a cell that says "11.8", but the actual number gauge reading for target AFR might be "12.6". After a brief moment, the marker will "catch up" and move into the cell which has contents of "12.6". Is this because of the delay in data recording with very rapid changes in data? If I playback at 1x, it seems to be more "in sync" but more "jumpy" with rapid load/rpm changes, but perhaps that's what is required to identify the correct cell to modify???

Last edited by rcdash; 12-30-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

gecof1: rcdash is correct, you will find all of the data logging (onboard and pc logging) found at the bottom in the Data Manager. Also setup can be accessed through the new Data Logging tab inside Main Setup

rcdash: are your sampling/logging rates the same for all of the channels? I found it works best if they are all the same for over-map-playback.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:22 AM
rcdash

gecof1: rcdash is correct, you will find all of the data logging (onboard and pc logging) found at the bottom in the Data Manager. Also setup can be accessed through the new Data Logging tab inside Main Setup

rcdash: are your sampling/logging rates the same for all of the channels? I found it works best if they are all the same for over-map-playback.
For PC logging there is no "rate" per se, is there? I do see the adjustable sampling rate for the on board logging (set at 200 ms for me), but that is disabled. I've only been playing with PC logging...

PS. I saw you mentioned programmable keyboard shortcuts. Is there a way to program a macro like jump to current cell + add 5%? I would much prefer a percentage change to a static change and want the currently active cell affected (not the last thing the cursor was on). This would facilitate road tuning...

Last edited by rcdash; 12-30-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 AM
gecof1

everything works now great. Thanks Hal / RCDASH.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE