Notices

ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:11 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by captj3
That's good, but what is there experience with tuning a boosted Z? Where are they located in florida?
There in Orlando.

Titan Motorsports is probably the most respected builder in the Supra Community. They are the current world record holder for the fastest Supra, and compete with Injected Performance in the Nopi Drag Series. Darin and the guys @ Titan, currently work with Motec, Mircotec, AEM, VPC, S-AFC, V-AFC, E-manage, Xede, and a few others.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:21 PM
captj3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
you've never heard of Titan Motorsports?

I guess if I was familiar with them I wouldn't have asked.

Slidefox it's great that they are well respected in the supra field, but that's a completely different platform from the Z. Hence that's why I asked about there experience with the VQ. They can be the master in 1 field and new in another. I don't mean any disrespect to them.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:37 PM
SlideFox

I guess if I was familiar with them I wouldn't have asked.

Slidefox it's great that they are well respected in the supra field, but that's a completely different platform from the Z. Hence that's why I asked about there experience with the VQ. They can be the master in 1 field and new in another. I don't mean any disrespect to them.
Please realize that it is more important to know how to tune the EMS, then it is to know the vehicle. They do a lot of stuff in the 350Z world, but they are not a site sponsor. They work on Supra's, BMW's, RX-7s, 350Z's, G35's, etc. The Supra is just what gave them there name.

I gurantee if you gave Hal @ Injected a Haltech and a Ford Focus; he can tune it!
Old 05-08-2008, 04:02 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SlideFox
I gurantee if you gave Hal @ Injected a Haltech and a Ford Focus; he can tune it!
That Focus customer would have to be ballin'...

captj3: SlideFox has a point -- if you're a competent tuner, it matters not what application you're tuning. Example of this from Intense Motorsports: the first VQ35de motor that we built and tuned holds the whp record for stock crank, stock sleeve at 906whp. The car that the motor is in, a G35 coupe, is the quickest and fastest G35 coupe in the world (by a full second) and is in the top 4 quickest (verified) VQ based cars from this forum.

D
Old 05-08-2008, 06:18 PM
captj3

Originally Posted by SlideFox
Please realize that it is more important to know how to tune the EMS, then it is to know the vehicle. They do a lot of stuff in the 350Z world, but they are not a site sponsor. They work on Supra's, BMW's, RX-7s, 350Z's, G35's, etc. The Supra is just what gave them there name.

I understand it's important to know the ems inside and out, but just as well you have to know the platform your tuning. I also know that not all shops are involved with all or any of the internet forums out there. I've been asking these questions because I'm very intrested in this EMS and waiting for information on it and there dealer network. I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon so fast. I'm looking to up grade from a utec while I still have a stock block. I've watched the haltechs developement and this has ems really has my attention. I don't want a Fcon because it's a locked unit. So this is another option. So I'm waiting for some real time feed back from the end users and the tuning software to be released unless it has been already.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:21 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

I understand it's important to know the ems inside and out, but just as well you have to know the platform your tuning. I also know that not all shops are involved with all or any of the internet forums out there. I've been asking these questions because I'm very intrested in this EMS and waiting for information on it and there dealer network. I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon so fast. I'm looking to up grade from a utec while I still have a stock block. I've watched the haltechs developement and this has ems really has my attention. I don't want a Fcon because it's a locked unit. So this is another option. So I'm waiting for some real time feed back from the end users and the tuning software to be released unless it has been already.

of course dood i understand, i expect this thread will be able to provide you the feedback you need in time
More and more no AZ Zs will be runing the ems and provide the appropiate feedback

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-08-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:37 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER

captj3: SlideFox has a point -- if you're a competent tuner, it matters not what application you're tuning. Example of this from Intense Motorsports: the first VQ35de motor that we built and tuned holds the whp record for stock crank, stock sleeve at 906whp. The car that the motor is in, a G35 coupe, is the quickest and fastest G35 coupe in the world (by a full second) and is in the top 4 quickest (verified) VQ based cars from this forum.

D
Enough said.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:56 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

from another thread:

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Thankfully no problem. There was an unexpected delay with a last minute vacation that delayed the tuning process, but all is well I can assure you of that.
They were able to get in a couple good days of dyno tuning and the results so far were rather promising...

13 psi 503rwhp
15 psi 530 rwhp and 427 ft/lbs
Still have high boost tuning and a road tune before I get it back...Oh yeah and we have to install my meth kit. Waiting for a low fluid level sensor. Should be here Monday.
Here is a preliminary dyno chart just to show how well the proEFI is working. Below is the 15 psi run.

More to follow.
I have not yet driven the car. I can't wait to get it back. I hope they can finish with it this week.

FYI He stated that the A/F was at a steady 11.3 the whole way thru.

So far so good. Thanks for the good wishes Julian.

notice the zero smoothing, looks good.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
John K. From HKS got a 500whp Ford Focus..LOL
Old 05-10-2008, 06:50 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
John's a cool dude!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:22 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

so this is not a fully End User Tunable.
what if i live outside the us and there is no a pro efi dealer around, can i ask the shop that i will buy the unit from to upload a base map that close to the setup that i have and let the adaptive learning to do the rest? will this be enough?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:30 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
I know, we did the wide fenders and paint on it, right here at Intense
Also, John tested the HKS V-Pro here at Intense too, before it was released to the public -- he's an old friend of ours. Great guy.

Darren
Old 05-14-2008, 12:07 AM
midz350

this is was early today in the pro efi forum:
midz wrote:
so this is not a fully End User Tunable.
what if i live outside the us and there is no a pro efi dealer around, can i ask the shop that i will buy the unit from to upload a base map that close to the setup that i have and let the adaptive learning to do the rest? will this be enough?

User software will be available in the next couple of months. If you have a known setup, your dealer can get you very close. THere are also several dealers who travel world wide.

ProEFI

to ProEFI forum.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:45 AM
BrazenZ

Flying a tuner from Chicago or Arizona is gonna be a tad expensive. You might as well buy the Distributor/ Tuner software. It's only $3000

Last edited by BrazenZ; 05-15-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:34 AM
midz350

Originally Posted by BrazenZ
Flying a tuner from Chicago or Arizona is gonna be a tad expensive.
yea tell me about it...
Originally Posted by BrazenZ
You might as well buy the Distributor/ Tuner software. It's only $3000

and tune other cars for $$$ and become a bada$$ tuner
Old 05-15-2008, 06:16 AM
SlideFox

The only way you can buy the Distributor/Tuner software is if you become an authorized dealer/tuner and go through there class.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:17 AM
SlideFox

midz350, where are you located?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:36 AM
midz350

saudia arabia
Old 05-15-2008, 09:18 AM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by midz350
saudia arabia
Your best bets are to contact Larry @ Sound Performance, John Reed (He does a lot of tuning outside the US), or contact Jason @ ProEFI directly. I'm sure they would be able to help you out. Whichever way you go, it's gonna be one expensive tune! .... but probably worth it!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
midz350

do you think that i can tune the car with just the User software?
because i know a good tuner here.

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!