mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SlideFox
I'm assuming your 5AT?
Yes, that's correct.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:04 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I reed this update on Supraforums from Nick Kusles (See Sound Performance Post #386)....

Update-
We had it out last weekend, it was significantly colder than when it was tuned, at least 25 degrees, more at night. It never missed a beat, its unnoticeable in everyday driving situations, a/f's don't jump around at all. We're talking about a 6 speed car w/ a 74GTS, 1000CC injectors and cams too, its the thing that ties it all together and makes it drive around great. I can't stress how impressed I am with both the Pro EFI and Larrys tuning! -Nick
Old 05-02-2008, 07:40 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike have you seen any threads where a ProEFI user has negative reviews? Negativity, rather than positivity in the forum world rises to the top. It would seem that at least 1 of these 1000whp+ cammed street cars would have an issue right?

D
Old 05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
SlideFox

I haven't seen any negative feedback so far....
Old 05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER

Mike have you seen any threads where a ProEFI user has negative reviews? Negativity, rather than positivity in the forum world rises to the top. It would seem that at least 1 of these 1000whp+ cammed street cars would have an issue right?

D

even with all the REAL drama thread and shLt talking that goes on supra forums...nada
Old 05-02-2008, 08:01 AM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
even with all the REAL drama thread and shLt talking that goes on supra forums...nada
I read where one guy was having "problems" that he felt were the proefi. The car was setup and tuned at SP in Chicago in the middle of winter. The car was delivered to this person in Las Vegas (via carhauler). When he got the car, he drove it for some time and said everything was fine. It started wigging out, stalling, fast idle..etc.. Apparently Jason from ProEFI made a trip up there to look at the car and found the throttle body wasn't consistantly closing all the way. The customer took the car to a local shop had that fixed and some other fab work. He now raves at how well the car runs and drives, and how happy he is with the system. This apparently was the very first proefi installed into a customers Supra. I have to say, that takes ALOT of confidence on SP's part to send a car that has not been thouroghly test driven on the street, to a customer thousands of miles away, with no one near by to make any tweaks or changes! This says ALOT about the system if you ask me.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:10 AM
SlideFox

^^^ O, yeah... VegasSE's Supra. I remember his original post where he "thought" it was the EMS, but when he found out it was his throttle body, he recalled his statement. He just wrote a hugh review about the shops he did business with on the build and the products he used, and had very positive things to say about the ProEFI.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:13 AM
SlideFox

It sounds like he has another "Super Supra" build coming up with a 3.4 stroker, and something like going for 1500WHP. That would be a nice application to show what the ProEFI can do on a monster build!

This just goes to show that, end-user feedback is needed in the VQ community. Once more people are usung this EMS, and giving there feedback, that should help sudside any questions people may have.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:50 PM
speedsniper

Default ProEFI

I’ve got a 2003 Base 6speed 350Z, as of right now it’s 100% stock except for the ProEFI (Powerlab single turbo kit coming soon).
As far as I know I’m one of the first stock 350Z’s to be running ProEFI (48 pin); my impressions of it?
It’s great, I had some issues on the Idling and some hesitation, I let Jason know about the issues and he fixed those issues. I’ve had the Pro EFI installed in my car for about two months now and this Z is my only car, I drive my Z every day, I spend time at the track ever other week and I haven’t had a single problem with it. If you guys have any questions in regards to how it drives, shoot me a pm. I will be posting pics for the ProEFI installed on my car and try to get a video to show the ProEFI in action.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:07 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by speedsniper
I’ve got a 2003 Base 6speed 350Z, as of right now it’s 100% stock except for the ProEFI (Powerlab single turbo kit coming soon).
As far as I know I’m one of the first stock 350Z’s to be running ProEFI (48 pin); my impressions of it?
It’s great, I had some issues on the Idling and some hesitation, I let Jason know about the issues and he fixed those issues. I’ve had the Pro EFI installed in my car for about two months now and this Z is my only car, I drive my Z every day, I spend time at the track ever other week and I haven’t had a single problem with it. If you guys have any questions in regards to how it drives, shoot me a pm. I will be posting pics for the ProEFI installed on my car and try to get a video to show the ProEFI in action.

thats excellent to hear
Old 05-05-2008, 08:58 AM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by speedsniper
That's REALLY nice to hear! True stock like drivability with an aftermarket engine management system is hard to achieve. Usually we don't really get this because we are putting engine management on a highly modified car (when it really needs it). So any non stock like driving issues is accepted as a part of the mods. Putting it on a stock car and getting stock like results or even better...that's tuff! Congrats! I am sure you will be that much happier with boost!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:43 PM
speedsniper

i cant wait to see what it does with Boost. I have see Intense Motorsports G35, it sick. But yeah i drive my car everyday. i'm going to try to go out to the Provillans in Scootsdale this saturday. if anyone in AZ is interested.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 AM
BrazenZ

User feedback wanted (please); has anyone new recently installed a ProEFI?
Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by BrazenZ
User feedback wanted (please); has anyone new recently installed a ProEFI?
i think randy has his setup almost wrapped up with the tunning meth and all
Old 05-08-2008, 11:08 AM
SlideFox

I heard some of Randy's preliminary numbers.... Very Nice!

Waiting for his feedback on the ProEFI!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:21 AM
SlideFox

New info from ProEFI for all you Florida people....

Titan Motorsports is an authorized dealer for ProEFI
Old 05-08-2008, 11:37 AM
App6MT

Nice!
Old 05-08-2008, 12:59 PM
captj3

That's good, but what is there experience with tuning a boosted Z? Where are they located in florida?
Old 05-08-2008, 01:08 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by captj3
That's good, but what is there experience with tuning a boosted Z? Where are they located in florida?
you've never heard of Titan Motorsports?

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!