ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:22 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
For the uninformed.. Batch fire??
Batch fire is when two injectors are tied together so that two cylinders are filled with fuel. Example: One injector fires during the intake stroke of cylinder #1 and the other fires during the exhaust stroke of cylinder #4. So on and so on for #2/5 and #3/6 (actual cylinder numbers depend on the firing order). Sequential fires every injector indiviually on the intake stroke of that given cylinder. At above about 3500 RPM's this does not really matter becasue the injector is open for so long during the cycle that is almost overlaps and becomes "batch" physically but electronically the computer is still firing it sequentially. I don't think OEMs have used batch fire since the early 90's.

Last edited by DaveFunction2ND; 12-18-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:24 PM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
Batch fire is when two injectors are tied to together so that two cylinders are filled with fuel. Exampl: One injector fires during the intake stroke of cylinder #1 and the other fires during the exhaust stroke of cylinder #4. So on and so on for #2/5 and #3/6 (actual cylinder numbers depend on the firing order). Sequential fires every injector indiviually on the intake stroke of that given cylinder. At above about 3500 RPM's this does not really matter becasue the injector is open for so long during the cycle that is almost overlaps and becomes "batch" physically but electronically the computer is still firing it sequentially. I don't think OEMs have used batch fire since the early 90's.
First i'd even heard of it.. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:06 AM
BlackStar

Batch fire for $2250? Wow not what I expected from such a new unit.
Yeah, I'm still trying to reconcile the batchfire fueling, the lack of even basic cam control and no individual cylinder fuel trims on a system that is being sold as "next generation".

Originally Posted by SoundPerformance
Make no mistake, the ProEFI computers are indeed next generation and are designed to bring O.E. quality and capability to the aftermarket, while allowing complete customization of the vehicles capabilities.

Last edited by BlackStar; 12-19-2007 at 07:08 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:18 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackStar
Yeah, I'm still trying to reconcile the batchfire fueling, the lack of even basic cam control and no individual cylinder fuel trims on a system that is being sold as "next generation".

The 128 box has everything !! It will be available shortly!!

The 48 box is still leaps and bounds over what is out there now!! Id take the adaptive learning any day even though you may lose .1 MPG with batch fire!

The 48 box was brought out for those who do not need all the bells and whistles of the 128 box. Not everyone needs ind cylinder control or cam control. If they do they can purchase the 128 box!!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:33 AM
BlackStar

The 128 box has everything !! It will be available shortly!!

The 48 box is still leaps and bounds over what is out there now!! Id take the adaptive learning any day even though you may lose .1 MPG with batch fire!

The 48 box was brought out for those who do not need all the bells and whistles of the 128 box. Not everyone needs ind cylinder control or cam control. If they do they can purchase the 128 box!!
How soon is shortly, considering the fact that the 48 still isn't even out yet.

And you are right about the cam control, not everyone needs it. Only the guys with adjustable cam motors like the VQ need it.

I'll wait for the 128.

Last edited by BlackStar; 12-19-2007 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:39 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

And you are right about the cam control, not everyone needs it. Only the guys with adjustable cams need it. Like our motors.

I'll wait.

the fcon doesnt..and its been higly successful using the stock cam settings...
the 48 lets you use the adaptive learning feature, "free tuning for life"...any complains there?
The 128 unit has been workin on my car(among a few others) for a while flawlesly.
ANd btw yes you can adjust your rev limiter...
Old 12-19-2007, 09:54 AM
accordfreak

i'm a little confused. Batch fire improves MPG or decreases?

Batch fire for $2250?I realize it doesn't make any difference for WOT but for idle and cruising that is a huge fuel saver.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by accordfreak
i'm a little confused. Batch fire improves MPG or decreases?

0.1mpg difference

do you really care for that?... I didnt know poepel were turbo-ing their Z and spending all that money to save on gas LOL
Old 12-19-2007, 10:11 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

And you are right about the cam control, not everyone needs it. Only the guys with adjustable cam motors like the VQ need it.

I'll wait for the 128.
All VQs have adjustable cams??

My question is why do you want to change the way that the factory controls the cams as VERY LITTLE IF ANY GAINS have been found.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:12 AM
accordfreak

nah man i just wanted to learn how batch firing works. who cares about gas when you're going WOT but it would be nice to save fuel while you're crusing.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:17 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by accordfreak
nah man i just wanted to learn how batch firing works. who cares about gas when you're going WOT but it would be nice to save fuel while you're crusing.
humm u can be a lil lean if you want before you hit boost
Old 12-19-2007, 10:49 AM
BlackStar

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
the fcon doesnt..and its been higly successful using the stock cam settings...
the 48 lets you use the adaptive learning feature, "free tuning for life"...any complains there?
The 128 unit has been workin on my car(among a few others) for a while flawlesly.
ANd btw yes you can adjust your rev limiter...
You guys keep listing off features of the 128 but only the 48 is available for sale.

Can the 48 raise the rev limiter by itself or do you have to reflash your stock ecu?

As to the free tuning for life, I still waiting for a tuned price on the 48 so forgive me for being a bit skeptical on the free part.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:04 AM
BlackStar

All VQs have adjustable cams??

My question is why do you want to change the way that the factory controls the cams as VERY LITTLE IF ANY GAINS have been found.
Well, mainly because YOU posted that the huge lag seen with the IntensePower turbo kit running the ProEFI was "because the variable valve timing is disabled. There will be a huge gain down low once that is enabled."

"https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4660305&postcount=7"

So naturally, I assumed that there will be a huge gain down low once the variable cam control is set up. Now you say it doesn't matter. Was the Intense car running without variable cam control at all or set to factory values?

If I am mistaken, please forgive me. I am just getting more confused with every post. I really, really wish you guys would post a complete list of what the 48, which is the ONLY box you are making available for sale, can and cant do.

Starting with: Can the 48 raise the rev limiter by itself or do you need to reflash the factory ECU and how much $$$ for the 48 TUNED since you wont sell it un-tuned.

Last edited by BlackStar; 12-19-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Well, mainly because YOU posted that the huge lag seen with the IntensePower turbo kit running the ProEFI was "because the variable valve timing is disabled. There will be a huge gain down low once that is enabled."

So naturally, I assumed that there will be a huge gain down low once the variable cam control is set up. Now you say it doesn't matter. Was the Intense car running without variable cam control at all or set to factory values?

If I am mistaken, please forgive me. I am just getting more confused with every post. I really, really wish you guys would post a complete list of what the 48, which is the ONLY box you are making available for sale, can and cant do.

Starting with: Can the 48 raise the rev limiter by itself or do you need to reflash the factory ECU and how much $$$ for the 48 TUNED since you wont sell it un-tuned.

the cams were pretty wild and the very high psi...and 95% of builds probably wont have major use to variable cam timing...
thats why its on the 128 unit
And i think on that run in particularly cam timing was totally disabled so not even the stock settings were on..
Old 12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

So naturally, I assumed that there will be a huge gain down low once the variable cam control is set up. Now you say it doesn't matter. Was the Intense car running without variable cam control at all or set to factory values?.

With the 48 unit, your variable cam timing still works!! Only the factory ECU controls it as well as the drive by wire!!!

On Intense's dyno pulls the variable cam timing was disabled because of a problem with the vehicle, not with the ProEFI computer.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:30 AM
IIQuickSilverII

With the 48 unit, your variable cam timing still works!! Only the factory ECU controls it as well as the drive by wire!!!

On Intense's dyno pulls the variable cam timing was disabled because of a problem with the vehicle, not with the ProEFI computer.

werd...an unrelated issue that is now fixed
Old 12-19-2007, 11:32 AM
SoundPerformance
Sponsor
Sound Performance

Of course you can raise the rev limiter!!

All of the ProEFI units come with a baseline map designed for your setup. I would advise putting it on a dyno and checking the tune but with its adaptive learning is may not need any further tuning as eventually it will learn itself.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:12 PM
BlackStar

Of course you can raise the rev limiter!!

All of the ProEFI units come with a baseline map designed for your setup. I would advise putting it on a dyno and checking the tune but with its adaptive learning is may not need any further tuning as eventually it will learn itself.
OK, no we are getting somewhere.

So the $2,250 includes a basemap that is close enough for the adaptive to take over right?

Also, on the Haltech threads, they keep talking about the electronic throttle closing down to limit engine speed and vehicle speed. Does it actually do this?
Old 12-20-2007, 09:15 AM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

The Factory VTC was disabled (As in not running at all), so it was being bypassed for testing. The Factory VTC now works fine (As in Factory VTC Settings) in conjunction with the ProEFI unit.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:53 PM
1ZweetZ

Batch fire is when two injectors are tied together so that two cylinders are filled with fuel. Example: One injector fires during the intake stroke of cylinder #1 and the other fires during the exhaust stroke of cylinder #4. So on and so on for #2/5 and #3/6 (actual cylinder numbers depend on the firing order). Sequential fires every injector indiviually on the intake stroke of that given cylinder. At above about 3500 RPM's this does not really matter becasue the injector is open for so long during the cycle that is almost overlaps and becomes "batch" physically but electronically the computer is still firing it sequentially. I don't think OEMs have used batch fire since the early 90's.
This is not exactly right... Batch fire fires all cyliners at the same time. This system is Semi-Sequential meaning it fires paired cylinders. This is completely pointless unless you are trying to pass 2004+ federal test procedures for emissions (only necessary for OEM's). Semi-Sequential injector makes no measureable difference in fuel economy, drivability or power in anyway. The only thing you are losing with semisequential injection is the ability to trim individual cylinders precisely, which most all of us don't have the accompaning sensors to determine how to trim them anyway. I'll take the $1000.00 savings and go semi-sequential, and direct fire ignition. Some OEM cars were still running semi-sequential into the late 90's early 2000's Cold start emissions, and trasnsient emisssions dictated full sequential injection, it had nothing to do with power or fuel economy. Some of the best fuel economical cars ever built weren't even fuel injection....they were carbuerator, and that is constant fueling.. no timed fuel delivery whatsoever.

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!