Notices

ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:27 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackStar
Too bad it's not their ProEFI 350Z text box. Making a system run on a 15 year old car without variable cams, auto throttle or CAN bus system is just not that special. Besides, this is my350z.com, not mysupra.com!
stop polluting the thread... and stick to good questions about the ems
It doesnt seem ovbious that you will be a "customer" from pro-efi.

Actually, I believe I am asking reasonable questions. All I ask is that since this is a 350z board and this thread is regarding a plug and play 350z ems that the hype that is presented at least be for the 350z.

The plug and play supra box that offers none of the challenges of a 350z (cams, DBW, CAN etc...) is not in any way relevant to this thread, this forum or this product.

I have tried very patiently to get some hard details presented on this thread. If that bothers you then I am sorry. But you don't own this thread nor dictate the conversations that go on within it.

What is your interest in the ProEFI?

My interest is that I will either be buying it or the Haltech in the next 30 days. And you are probably correct, based on what I have read I will likely be going with the Haltech.

But to your point. I will ask a "Good" question about the ProEFI.

Question for Sound Performance: Since you will be tuning the 350z boxes before they go out and customer software will not be available for at least 2 months, therefor your tune will be the ONLY one available for the customer, Have you personally tuned a ProEFI on a N/A 350Z? If yes then please post the specs of the cars and dyno plots.

I ask that question because after reading the above thread it appears that Sound Performance just got a shop ProEFI and it was for a supra, not a 350Z. If they are going to be the sole supplier to a customer then what experience with a ProEFI on a 350z do they have?

Is that a good enough question?
Actually i have my car at AZ where Jason is doing the testing on the proefi including a few Gs and Zs...in fact one of the Zs has been my car, did you missed the powerlab threads btw? I think they should you a great deal what the proefi can do for you as far as tunning.
You have asked fair question, but some you have asked the twice, then you go on assuming things and totally loose focus on what will be important to your car vs what will make no difference ever to you at all. No other ems will offer you adaptive learning and true volumetric efficiency.

SoundPerformance is way more than capable of running the proefi... they are very familiar working with Jason in the past

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 01-28-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:17 AM
BlackStar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
stop polluting the thread... and stick to good questions about the ems
It doesnt seem ovbious that you will be a "customer" from pro-efi.
Actually, I believe I am asking reasonable questions. All I ask is that since this is a 350z board and this thread is regarding a plug and play 350z ems that the hype that is presented at least be for the 350z.

The plug and play supra box that offers none of the challenges of a 350z (cams, DBW, CAN etc...) is not in any way relevant to this thread, this forum or this product.

I have tried very patiently to get some hard details presented on this thread. If that bothers you then I am sorry. But you don't own this thread nor dictate the conversations that go on within it.

What is your interest in the ProEFI?

My interest is that I will either be buying it or the Haltech in the next 30 days. And you are probably correct, based on what I have read I will likely be going with the Haltech.

But to your point. I will ask a "Good" question about the ProEFI.

Question for Sound Performance: Since you will be tuning the 350z boxes before they go out and customer software will not be available for at least 2 months, therefor your tune will be the ONLY one available for the customer, Have you personally tuned a ProEFI on a N/A 350Z? If yes then please post the specs of the cars and dyno plots.

I ask that question because after reading the above thread it appears that Sound Performance just got a shop ProEFI and it was for a supra, not a 350Z. If they are going to be the sole supplier to a customer then what experience with a ProEFI on a 350z do they have?

Is that a good enough question?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:13 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Any News Guys??
Old 02-13-2008, 06:07 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm also curious if any one actually purchased a 48 box yet and what were the results?
I know SP and Intense are working hard on their masterpiece projects, but I want to know about the Average Joe and his project build success story.

I could be that Project Average Joe, if you guys like. I need an EMS for my build, sold my UTEC in anticipation of your EMS. Just trying to find a local dealer to buy one from...
Old 02-13-2008, 06:14 AM
SlideFox

I know ther are a couple of "Average Joe's" in Arizona running the ProEFI box, but not to sure if they are forum members. I would call Sound Performance and ask them directly. They should be able to help you out!
Old 02-13-2008, 06:21 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by SlideFox
I know ther are a couple of "Average Joe's" in Arizona running the ProEFI box, but not to sure if they are forum members. I would call Sound Performance and ask them directly. They should be able to help you out!
+1 I heard they had a visit form the master himself(jason)
Old 02-13-2008, 07:57 AM
BlackStar

+1 I heard they had a visit form the master himself(jason)
If the person behind the project had to make an appearance to tune the car then they were not "average joes". I believe the question was trying to find out if an "average joe" just went in and bought one yet, had it installed by a normal shop guy (not the system designer) and drove away without any special hand-holding.

Thats the difference between a beta unit and a release unit.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:11 AM
SlideFox

If the person behind the project had to make an appearance to tune the car then they were not "average joes". I believe the question was trying to find out if an "average joe" just went in and bought one yet, had it installed by a normal shop guy (not the system designer) and drove away without any special hand-holding.

I think what Quicksilver was saying is.... Jason made an apperance @ Sound Performance. Jorge, correct me if I'm wrong homie!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:22 AM
rrmedicx

I understand that if a 48 box was to arrive to lets say NY (hint, hint) that not anyone would be able to just sit behind a computer and tune without a little help. Training is definitely in order, I totally understand. But if I decided to go about it myself, can someone walk me through the process to at least establish a baseline tune, until such a time that I can get to a shop for more precision tuning? or is that considered the pre-programming done by Injected before it is even shipped.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:25 AM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
I understand that if a 48 box was to arrive to lets say NY (hint, hint) that not anyone would be able to just sit behind a computer and tune without a little help. Training is definitely in order, I totally understand. But if I decided to go about it myself, can someone walk me through the process to at least establish a baseline tune, until such a time that I can get to a shop for more precision tuning? or is that considered the pre-programming done by Injected before it is even shipped.
Like I said earlier.... I think your questions are valid and reasonable. I would contact SP directly for more information. Maybe Larry is interested in tacking a vacation to NY!!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:31 AM
IIQuickSilverII

i said jason made or will make at stop at SP.......it has nothin to do with the projects SP is working on, they already have 4-5 48 boxes running and ovbiously not all are shop cars, but customers....
btw i answer you post 142 in post 141 , i am sure you already read that, but you keep going around that issue.

i think it will arrive with a base tune ready 4 you

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 02-13-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:41 AM
SlideFox

Chicago is a nice little drive from NY!! ROADTRIP!!! I've done it before. Not to bad!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Sound Performance
Just a quick update....... we tuned Todd's supra yesterday with the ProEFI and made 1061 RWHP!!! Car ran flawlessly!!
i.e. they can tune proefi no issues
Old 02-14-2008, 10:54 AM
SlideFox

Jorge, was that off of Supra Forums?
Old 02-14-2008, 11:28 AM
IIQuickSilverII

si
Old 02-14-2008, 05:45 PM
rrmedicx

(Sorry, about going OT. )Anyone know anything about TurboTrix in NJ. They supposedly can tune the ProEFI. Don't want to take any chances with just anybody.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Shabib67

When is the 128 box coming out?
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM
IIQuickSilverII

(Sorry, about going OT. )Anyone know anything about TurboTrix in NJ. They supposedly can tune the ProEFI. Don't want to take any chances with just anybody.

they might not be known in my350z that much... but only selected dealers will be able to tune the proefi...so if they are 1, then ullb e alright...
...it wouldnt hurt if you let SP take care of it though
Old 03-01-2008, 02:51 PM
KarenZ

is sam at gtm going to be a tuner?
or anyone within california?
Old 03-01-2008, 03:52 PM
rrmedicx

they might not be known in my350z that much... but only selected dealers will be able to tune the proefi...so if they are 1, then ullb e alright...
...it wouldnt hurt if you let SP take care of it though
SP is not east coast though.

I know they are working on a proefi project right now. Who knows maybe the owner can chime in if he even reads these threads.

Otherwise I was wondering if anyone had any kind of experience with Turbo Trix before I put my car in their hands???

Last edited by rrmedicx; 03-01-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!