Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

taurran : "Testing new waters" with the Turbonetics ST

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:11 PM
one350zfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like he actually cares what we think... Or does he?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:18 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by one350zfan
Did I lose my sponsorship?
no but you lost your primere membership
Old 01-11-2008, 03:19 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by doug
yeah, i thought you were a pm

Last edited by JAM3Z; 01-11-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:26 PM
one350zfan

You can't lose something you didn't want to retain!

11.2 on stock makes me a PREMIER member or just plain NUTZ but definitely one of the two!
Old 01-11-2008, 03:27 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

weird, double post sorry

Last edited by JAM3Z; 01-11-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:33 PM
doug

You can't lose something you didn't want to retain!
you talking to someone who did the same thing.. obviously you didn't see the irony in my post
Old 01-11-2008, 03:42 PM
one350zfan

you talking to someone who did the same thing.. obviously you didn't see the irony in my post
Sorry Doug, never knew you as a premiere member.

Your not really high on my "things to retain" radar.

But I did marry a Jamaican chick!
Old 01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like he actually cares what we think... Or does he?
He took the time to post this long winded statement on his myspace page... so yeah, he cares.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">If you don't know what I'm talking about, do yourself a favor, save yourself a headache, and close this bulletin because it's not for you! I just wanted to set the record straight for all my friends here on myspace.

I know some of you have read all of that drama going on my350z, and have jumped on the "kick em while he's down" bandwagon that was started this morning. However, before you continue, I just want to share the email I sent to Jeremy this morning regarding all this mess.

Before you buy into what those pathetic haters like doug, quicksilver, etc, etc are hyping up (without even knowing what they're talking about, mind you). Read this and just wait until I get back from my selective banishment before passing judgement. I'll take my time to respond to all of the irrational morons on there when I return.

From my email:

======================================================

Jeremy-

Just a few things I'd like to let be known to both yourself and the community in general...

First of all, I think it's a shame how petty people are on the forums. They know who they are, and that's all I'll say. I'd challenge any one on there to dig through these forums and find a SINGLE instance of me not being supportive of Performance Factory in every way. I was even banned defending his work against MRC's slanderous comments and assumptions. Until then, I'd want to suggest that they take it easy with the assumptions and over-analyzation of what you posted.

I'd like to beleive what you posted posted came across to some of the instigators here more strongly than intended.

My perspective is an entirely different one, as a customer (with the engine build, initial labor, initial tune, and parts are totally paid for. *It was still MUCH less than any other shop could touch!*), and our first mistake was not letting people know what was going on with the car on the forums. This long process has been kind of kept under wraps with respect for everyone involved. I did not want to post anything and step on any toes. This kind of left everyone online in the dark and led to the POKING and PRODDING that inflamed this situation. They dont even begin to realize the amount of PM's, IM's, posts, and calls that I get on a daily basis asking about my car. These same people were the ones stating that they would never have this kind of patience. My reply to them is that you and PF were helping to resolve the whole issue and were doing a great job in doing so.

Hopefully, people are rational enough to imagine the dilemma all parties are in in this situation. You have an entire community pressuring all parties and generally being impatient. You have me in the middle, knowing that you are trying to make things right because you REALLY want to succeed. On one hand I want to make the project successfully and to be absolutely outgoing and supportive, and on the other hand I just want to say, "Screw it lets hurry and wrap it up.. this is taking too long." Then, you have PF (you, Jeremy) working on it when he can squeeze the car in the schedule, and still do other projects to make enough money to keep the shop running. I totally understood and respected this the entire time, and remained outwardly and publicly patient and supportive despite all the unavoidable setbacks that were out of anyone's control. In fact, many of the dyno tuning sessions and labor discussed here you did on his own time without always keeping me in the loop... I chalk this up to dedication to get it done, but I in no way required or demanded it. I hope it is not being held against me.

As far as being supportive and thankful for the help... I've always supported PF on the forums, to the point of being labeled a "nuthugger" in a negative light, and to the point of being banned for my actions. I've done and offered to do website, take photos, and graphics work to help out with the shop, since that is what I know. I want to be there to help in any way I can. I know you're is a busy guy, so some of it may not have happened yet, but it will definitely. (Still waiting on those logos )

But during all this, truthfully, there were times when I truthfully felt the project was being neglected a bit. I'm human. That's how humans think. Remember the only difference is how people act on it... Anyway, I always called you to check up on it and tried not to be too much of a nusience. Again, while I wanted deep down inside to be more aggressive with the subject (you know how I am), I intended to ultimately leave it up to you, and kept doing my best to procure all the parts required (which will all be paid for on friday). I intended to leave the discretion for all charges on parts and labor up to you, and I sincerely and honestly DO thank you for all the help considering my budget.

The project was going long, and there were problems all along the way. What I have told everyone time and time again is that Jeremy loves working on cars, and he wanted to see this work. Every time a new problem would surface I would immediately ask, "what do you suggest we do next?" I never attempted to twist your arm into doing any work, any tuning, or anything for that matter that was unnacceptable in your eyes. All I wanted was the car to run properly when it left the shop. If at any time in that process you had stated that he could not continue, I would have respected that, squared up, and walked away. I had certain hopes, but left it up to you to see how far you wanted to push it. I know that ALL of us wanted to see it make big power within the set limitations. I'm ABSOLUTELY grateful to his dedication and hard work. But I concede, like you said, it's really hard to respect it if you're not there turning the wrench.

Ok, so now to what prompted this whole post today:

In the past few weeks, I've come to the realization that I just *need the car back*. I've been so intertwined and involved in the car scene that not having a Z for almost 8 months has severely been a hamper on my social life. I just want to get out and drive the car and enjoy it, and I was afraid if I waited any longer I would end up blowing up. I'm the type of guy that will keep to myself and let something bother me until I explode and do somthing I regret (haha). Two weeks ago I called to ask him what to do about the injector/EMS issue. You said you though it would be best to try to swap in some DS 650's and just get the car out to enjoy it. I also asked what a standalone would cost (out of curiousity). At the end of the call I remember agreeing to go with the 650's and be done wiht it. It seems I was not really clear, and left you under the impression I was still wanting to decide between them and the Haltech.

I waited to two weeks and the car was seemingly sitting there idle, SO close to being done. During this time I mentioned to some personal and PF friends that I was sincerely wanting the car back asap and would do anthing to get it. While I was standing around saying "what's going on?", you were actually waiting for me to get back with him on the injectors! Oops.. so during those two weeks it was miscomunication after all...

In the end, I realize that I am generally an impatient person, and 8 months without my car (which is my #1 hobby and what I love doing) was just too much for me. While I believe I've been very supportive about you and AJ's great dedication to work, despite all the HATE and INSTIGATING that goes on in the forums and community, I made the mistake of impatiently venting to a few close people in private about how I couldn't handle the long wait. In my opinion, something like that is totally understandable for someone in my situation and I in no way attempted to stir up trouble, and I did not know that someone would go behind my back and end up inflaming matters between us. However, I also think that you should take the professional perspective and understand the kind of delima a customer is in in a situation like this. It's really a bad situation for everyone that I would not wish on anyone here. Thanks for your understanding and willingness to do so.

So, after all is said and done, I still maintain that NO OTHER SHOP in the world could have taken on this job to this level on these . Everyone learned a LOT in the process and would definitely do a lot different if we could start over... All of the headaches and issues have kind of gotten to everyone here in the end, but I still consider it a success. Hard work and perseverance has paid off despite being on my own shoestring budget (which was the major limiting factor). The setup has a lot more in it. I'm seeing 700+whp in the future and plan on hiring Peformance Factory to accomplish that.

Oh, and I'd also like to take the time to acknowledge all the haters and instigators who hate Turbonetics, Peformance Factory, Single Turbos, and me personally. I laugh in their faces despite all of their petty efforts to defame everything I stand for.

Thanks again,
-t

======================================================

So there you have it. Remember there's more than one side to every story before you begin to jump to conclusions. There's also more but I'd prefer to just keep it as civil as possible.

I'm going to go and enjoy my weekend with the car for the first time in almost 8 months. I can tell you I'm looking forward to it. Thanks to those who have helped me get here.

Later,
-C

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
There is a thread on this in the premier section.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:46 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Cliff notes someone??

D (good research Eric)
Old 01-11-2008, 03:48 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Cliff notes someone??

D (good research Eric)
LOL!!! That's exactly what most of the guys in the premier AG thread are saying too!

Funniest quote of the day from the premier "Anything Goes" section:
Originally Posted by Billhyco
awwww nothing like slammin' the hammer on the ol' **** pump during a rainy sunday afternoon

--Eric (thought this thread needed a good laugh)

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 01-11-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:57 PM
doug

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Cliff notes someone??

D (good research Eric)
- F all the haters
- I wanted my car back.. i'm sorry if i sounded like a baby
- I told a couple people behind your back i wanted my car back and they snitched
- I still love PF and they are the only ones who could accomplish this
- F the haters
- I have more info about what went down.. but i am keeping it civil
Old 01-11-2008, 04:00 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

- F all the haters
- I told a couple people behind your back i wanted my car back and they snitched
- F the haters
Awsome! That pretty much sums it up!
Thanks doug!

I'm gonna post this in the premier section thread for all the other guys asking for cliff notes.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 01-11-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:02 PM
one350zfan

- F all the haters
- F the haters
And in all this I'll probably lose my sponsorship!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:07 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

So now you have to pay to go fast like all the rest of us
Old 01-11-2008, 04:09 PM
doug

And in all this I'll probably lose my sponsorship!
i doubt it.. JT is a man of his word.. if he told you that you had a sponsorship.. you have a sponsorship.. this situation wasn't based on a sponsorship.. it was based on helping someone out
Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM
one350zfan

Originally Posted by JAMEZ
So now you have to pay to go fast like all the rest of us
He offered me his cost on parts and free labor.

Even with that, I bought a used kit and installed it myself. JT provided a few parts that were missing and a tunning session.

I didn't think it was fair for him to provide free labor.

I think we have the coolest sponsorship relation that I've been a part of and I hope he feels the same way.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:58 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

He offered me his cost on parts and free labor.

Even with that, I bought a used kit and installed it myself. JT provided a few parts that were missing and a tunning session.

I didn't think it was fair for him to provide free labor.

I think we have the coolest sponsorship relation that I've been a part of and I hope he feels the same way.
free labor..nice.. at least cover part of the costs of the free dyno sessions, and definitely the race gas at least
Old 01-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Z33-

back to testing waters?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:18 PM
one350zfan

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
free labor..nice.. at least cover part of the costs of the free dyno sessions, and definitely the race gas at least
I brought my own race gas too!
Old 01-11-2008, 06:21 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

I brought my own race gas too!

Quick Reply: taurran : "Testing new waters" with the Turbonetics ST