Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

GT Motorsports: Vortech T-Trim, FCon VPro, CJM Fuel System, 454rwhp STOCK BLOCK*PIX*

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation GT Motorsports: Vortech T-Trim, FCon VPro, CJM Fuel System, 454rwhp STOCK BLOCK*PIX*

Had the oppurtunity to work on this awesome car, 2003 350Z ready to go to the track with some serious power!

"Diesel Power"

2003 Nissan 350Z

Vortech T-Trim kit
CJM Stage 1 Fuel System
HKS FCon VPro Standalone EMs
Innovate! LC-1 Wideband
HKS I.A.T. Sensor
GTM Pulley Modification
GTM Cold Air intake modification
RC 750cc Injectors
Oil Cooler

This goes to show what a T-trim blower can do with the right EMS and a solid tune on a stock block

91/100 Octane Mix, 13PSI, 3 more degrees of timing:

91 Octane, 13PSI, Conservative Street Tune:

As you can see this car makes awsome torque for a supercharged car (almost as much as some turbo setups)

Hope you enjoy the car Armando!

SAM
GT Motorsports
Old 08-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Hexxum001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unbelievable!!!

Now I know what I will be saving up my money for. Awesome job Sam!!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Remember this is a very simple setup, no water/meth injection, no nitrous, no built engine, Just simple This car did very well for a simple supercharger and EMS install.

Sam

GT Motorsports
Old 08-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Hexxum001

That makes it even more exciting Sam! I have pretty simple setup too so it shouldn't take too much more for you to get me to that point also! BTW, what pulley did you use?? And if you did add a meth injection system, could you get even more power without compromising the stock block??
Old 08-07-2007, 10:13 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

very nice
Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow really nice!
so I take it belt slippage wasn't a problem then from how clean the dyno looks except the tq does start to drop off up top. It might be possible to hit the 500whp mark if it stayed at 400tq at redline

so 3 degrees of timing made like a 30 tq difference

What's interesting to me is when I compare these dynos to my car, this setup made up to 30 more tq than my car between 5000-6000 rpms, while I made up to 25 more tq below 4500 rpms, then again it was 20 degrees colder when I was dynoing

That looks like the stock 3.33 pulley since there's no lettering on the front so that's interesting to note compared to the stock blower with the 3.33 pulley - instant 90-100 hp by switching blowers

What sort of exhaust/cats/headers is this car running?
This actually gives me hope of switching to a T-trim blower someday. Next time I come in, I'd like to get that extra pulley added to my car

nice job! turned out great!
GTM definitely knows vortechs

Last edited by sentry65; 08-08-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sam, can I order that extra pulley from you?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:49 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx
Sam, can I order that extra pulley from you?
+1 I am ready for a new belt so, this would be perfect timing.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:03 AM
TENGAI

Nice work Sam. It's good to see some options out that really wake up the Vortech blower...
Old 08-08-2007, 03:34 AM
Mr_pharmD

Originally Posted by sentry65
wow really nice!
so I take it belt slippage wasn't a problem then from how clean the dyno looks except the tq does start to drop off up top. It might be possible to hit the 500whp mark if it stayed at 400tq at redline

so 3 degrees of timing made like a 30 tq difference

What's interesting to me is when I compare these dynos to my car, this setup made almost 20 more tq than my car above 4500 rpms, while I made up to 30 more tq below 4500 rpms, then again it was 20 degrees colder when I was dynoing

That looks like the stock 3.33 pulley since there's no lettering on the front so that's interesting to note compared to the stock blower with the 3.33 pulley - instant 90-100 hp by switching blowers

What sort of exhaust/cats/headers is this car running?
This actually gives me hope of switching to a T-trim blower someday. Next time I come in, I'd like to get that extra pulley added to my car

nice job! turned out great!
GTM definitely knows vortechs
I just ordered another 3.12 pulley from vortech and it didnt have any numbering on it either so it might not be the 3.33 pulley. Bogger made around 13-14psi with the T trim and 3.12 pulley. If it is indeed the 3.33 pulley then that is very impressive numbers.

Last edited by Mr_pharmD; 08-08-2007 at 03:39 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:37 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the pulleys measure exactly what they are named across the diameter of them. 3.12 is right at 3 1/16 inches...

good job sam!!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:01 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
Remember this is a very simple setup, no water/meth injection, no nitrous, no built engine, Just simple This car did very well for a simple supercharger and EMS install.

Sam

GT Motorsports
The dyno looks like one of the smoothest I've seen with a very broad powerband for a CSC. Is this all explained by the T-trim and EMS? Or is there a trick or two that's part of some secret recipe Sam?

Sentry - nice to have your observations - just curious why everyone doesn't pick a T-trim blower from the start?

Also wondering about the use of RC injectors vs. others...

Great job Sam, no question!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:39 AM
Mr_pharmD

Originally Posted by rcdash
The dyno looks like one of the smoothest I've seen with a very broad powerband for a CSC. Is this all explained by the T-trim and EMS? Or is there a trick or two that's part of some secret recipe Sam?

Sentry - nice to have your observations - just curious why everyone doesn't pick a T-trim blower from the start?

Also wondering about the use of RC injectors vs. others...

Great job Sam, no question!

The T trim is 1200 + shipping + old blower and it is more likely to blow your motor up if your stock bottom. U can make similar power with the stock blower and 2.87 pulley and it will only cost u 70 dollars compare to 1200 due to buying a new pulley. 1 thing I dont get is why is the pw dropping up top? I thought u would keep on building more pw as u reach redline. At least that's how it is on mine unless it was slipping at the end.

Last edited by Mr_pharmD; 08-08-2007 at 04:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:35 AM
booger

Great job Sam .
Diesel..Looks like a really nice set up !

Sam could you post the chart with the boost on it ? Wanting to see where you hit the 13psi at . WHat serp pulley do you have on ? looks like a 3.12 or 2.87

Sentry......I had thought you said SEVERAL times that you thought the T-Trim was a waist ? We had a long debate about it...REMEMBER ? And now you're talking about going to it ...lol

Last edited by booger; 08-08-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:25 AM
sentry65
the burninator

booger,

...and I thought I remember you saying my dyno was over inflated or that aggressive timing couldn't possibly make my dyno as high as it was? Clearly this shows 3 degrees = 30 tq if you can prevent detonation

...and I thought I remember hearing nothing but the T-trim slipping the belts with the stock belt design. Up until now you and Dsport were the only ones doing the T-trim and I haven't been impressed with the belt slipping or breaking issues you guys have had. But if it can work with the serpentine belt setup without slipping at moderate boost levels, then maybe it's viable for a little extra power. I don't think I'd want 16-20psi like you've been trying to deal with though. That just seems like the point of diminishing returns with hotter air, but what do I know

This has been the 1st worthwhile T-trim dyno I've seen. Dsport's car had pathetic low end power with only 50 more tq than mine above 5000 rpms considering the psi level, cog belt system, and built engine etc was so beyond my setup and way more expensive. The only dyno I've ever seen you post was a low-res blurry mustang dyno from like 2 years ago and then read about you complaining about the belt slipping so much that you had to back off the T-trim blower to where you were making comparable power to an overdriven stock blower. So yeah I did question whether moving to a T-trim was even worth it considering how far the stock blower can be overdriven.

All I said was this setup gave me hope about going to the T-trim someday. We still have yet to know if a higher whp setup with the T-trim will provide good results and not slip too much with a modified serpentine belt setup. I'd rather have 450whp done right with no slipping than 500whp with the belt slipping like crazy. To my knowledge, GTM also makes a 34 tooth cog pulley for an additional 20whp or so. My plan is still to get a GTM stroked built long block with headwork and near stock compression combined with the 34 tooth cog pulley with my 2.87 pulley on the stock blower. Then someday if I kill my blower, I may decide to go to a T-trim instead of paying to get my stock blower fixed and probably use a 3.33 or 3.12 pulley with it. But I'll only switch if it's viable with minimal belt slippage. And I'd probably switch my final drive or transmission gearing

Sam obviously knows what he's doing and this setup is an interesting result considering it's on a serpentine belt setup and it made good power all over the powerband and not just briefly up high while sacrificing low end power.

I'd be curious to see a boost chart too. Considering this car doesn't have cams and we don't yet know what sort of exhaust/cats/headers it has and the weather being 20 degrees hotter then when I dynoed @11psi, I'm not too surprised about it peaking at 13 psi

BTW here's a comparison chart of my car and deisel's on our 96 and 91 octane maps. I'm guessing that my lower psi setup with water/meth injection is probably a little bit safer on the stock block, but you just never know
Attached Thumbnails GT Motorsports: Vortech T-Trim, FCon VPro, CJM Fuel System, 454rwhp STOCK BLOCK*PIX*-sentry65_deisel_t_trim.jpg   GT Motorsports: Vortech T-Trim, FCon VPro, CJM Fuel System, 454rwhp STOCK BLOCK*PIX*-sentry65_diesel_t_trim_91.jpg  

Last edited by sentry65; 08-08-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:19 AM
THE TECH

Very nice setup. Any worries about the motor going bye bye with that kind of power on the stock bottom?
Old 08-08-2007, 07:43 AM
taurran

Nice. Best power I've seen on a stock block blower. Certainly impressive, lets hope it lasts!

What's up with the headlights on that car. In every pick my eyes kept wandering back to them. Looks like a bunch of yellow overspray and pinstripes on them...
Old 08-08-2007, 10:21 AM
booger

Originally Posted by sentry65
booger,

...and I thought I remember you saying my dyno was over inflated or that aggressive timing couldn't possibly make my dyno as high as it was? Clearly this shows 3 degrees = 30 tq if you can prevent detonation

...and I thought I remember hearing nothing but the T-trim slipping the belts with the stock belt design. Up until now you and Dsport were the only ones doing the T-trim and I haven't been impressed with the belt slipping or breaking issues you guys have had. But if it can work with the serpentine belt setup without slipping at moderate boost levels, then maybe it's viable for a little extra power. I don't think I'd want 16-20psi like you've been trying to deal with though. That just seems like the point of diminishing returns with hotter air, but what do I know

This has been the 1st worthwhile T-trim dyno I've seen. Dsport's car had pathetic low end power with only 50 more tq than mine above 5000 rpms considering the psi level, cog belt system, and built engine etc was so beyond my setup and way more expensive. The only dyno I've ever seen you post was a low-res blurry mustang dyno from like 2 years ago and then read about you complaining about the belt slipping so much that you had to back off the T-trim blower to where you were making comparable power to an overdriven stock blower. So yeah I did question whether moving to a T-trim was even worth it considering how far the stock blower can be overdriven.

All I said was this setup gave me hope about going to the T-trim someday. We still have yet to know if a higher whp setup with the T-trim will provide good results and not slip too much with a modified serpentine belt setup. I'd rather have 450whp done right with no slipping than 500whp with the belt slipping like crazy. To my knowledge, GTM also makes a 34 tooth cog pulley for an additional 20whp or so. My plan is still to get a GTM stroked built long block with headwork and near stock compression combined with the 34 tooth cog pulley with my 2.87 pulley on the stock blower. Then someday if I kill my blower, I may decide to go to a T-trim instead of paying to get my stock blower fixed and probably use a 3.33 or 3.12 pulley with it. But I'll only switch if it's viable with minimal belt slippage. And I'd probably switch my final drive or transmission gearing

Sam obviously knows what he's doing and this setup is an interesting result considering it's on a serpentine belt setup and it made good power all over the powerband and not just briefly up high while sacrificing low end power.

I'd be curious to see a boost chart too. Considering this car doesn't have cams and we don't yet know what sort of exhaust/cats/headers it has and the weather being 20 degrees hotter then when I dynoed @11psi, I'm not too surprised about it peaking at 13 psi

BTW here's a comparison chart of my car and deisel's on our 96 and 91 octane maps. I'm guessing that my lower psi setup with water/meth injection is probably a little bit safer on the stock block, but you just never know

Im only replying to you once . I dont want to take away from Sam's and Deisel's Thread about his car . And I will not go into my setup as you have about yours...in great detail in your 12 inch post . And you continuely get my setup and whats going on with it wrong . And your the one that said you thought it was a waist and now have changed your mind .

With a T-trim , you will reach 13psi before 6800rpm's unless you change out the blower pulley [ bigger ] Serp pulley 3.33 would be the biggest I believe , and or the jackshaft pulley [ smaller ] in this case as not to make as much boost . So I see by the pics that it is either the 2.87 or the 3.13 pulley on the serp side . If he wanted to reduce the boost to peak at redline or have it reach 13psi at redline a smaller jackshaft or larger blower pulley would be in order .
This is why I asked Sam to post a graph showing the boost level and whp level . If the boost reached 13psi before redline . The serp belt is slipping from where it reached 13psi to redline . Just exactly as mine did . I absolutely had no problems what so ever running it like that . And on a stock block , it will be great running like that . I just wanted to take advantage of my built block and thats why I looked for ways to build boost to redline .

So if Sam or Deisel could inform us on this question of when the blower reaches 13psi we would be able to tell if the belt is slipping or not....no biggy .

Last edited by booger; 08-08-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:34 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Booger, I haven't really changed my mind about the T-trim. I said it gives me hope about switching to a T-trim down the road.

It's more like I'm closer to "sitting on the fence" now that the T-trim has worked out for 455whp. That doesn't necessarily mean it'll work well for higher whp applications since we don't know yet how the belt slippage will work out at higher levels with a modified serpentine belt. I'm very curious how the TIMROD belt setup, the extra pulley I have added, along with Sam's new pulley added will work out for higher whp and countering belt slippage at whp levels beyond what I'm making

until we find anything out, I can't say I'm all for the T-trim or not.
Up until now I've thought of it as a waste of money (not "waist") when an overdriven stock blower has pretty much done just as well

Last edited by sentry65; 08-08-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:45 AM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Great numbers.... it's nice not have backpressure contributing to lower top ends like we have on turbochargers....that's a really nice torque curve, especially on 96 octane. Beautiful work/result.

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports: Vortech T-Trim, FCon VPro, CJM Fuel System, 454rwhp STOCK BLOCK*PIX*