Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Forged Performance: JWT850bb...this one is nasty *pics gallore*

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:04 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BamBam
Definitely man.... It's a BLAST bro.... (Make sure you pressure Berto too... he needs to man up and kick my butt on the Rally next year ) j/k berto.
By the looks of things he's ging to be doing a lot of manning up
Old 08-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
By the looks of things he's ging to be doing a lot of manning up
I wish had the time to follow you guys around...sounds like a blast. key word is "follow" as I am sure I will have a nice view of your rear bumpers.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Brent likes giving me crap cuz I didnt have faith in the UTEC @ these boost levels to rag my car cross country. We dont all have $$$ to build a motor 2X
Old 08-29-2007, 07:31 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Brent likes giving me crap cuz I didnt have faith in the UTEC @ these boost levels to rag my car cross country. We dont all have $$$ to build a motor 2X
LOL... yea bite me man... I would not have had to build the motor 2x if AAM had not screwed me so bad (specifically Mike and his tune)

I gotta give you crap Berto, your still the guy to beat in our area, and honestly I would not want to beat on my car as hard as you do..
Old 08-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

LOL... yea bite me man... I would not have had to build the motor 2x if AAM had not screwed me so bad (specifically Mike and his tune)

I gotta give you crap Berto, your still the guy to beat in our area, and honestly I would not want to beat on my car as hard as you do..
Are you kidding me...did you forget the WOT run for 3 mins (5 times) at the Salt Flats to 183mph?? I think that would be considered "driving pretty hard".

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 08-29-2007 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:29 AM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Are you kidding me...did you for the WOT run for 3 mins (5 times) at the Salt Flats to 183mph?? I think that would be considered "driving pretty hard".
+1........hello Brent.......what are you thinking?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:48 AM
BamBam

OK, OK, I will admit I do drive hard at times. But no where near as much as Berto...
Old 08-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Parts_Murderer isnt an easy title to achieve +2 on Brents wild ride though, 180+mph would be nice sometime soon...
Old 08-29-2007, 01:36 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

OK, OK, I will admit I do drive hard at times. But no where near as much as Berto...

Brent the more you have the car, the more I see you taking weight off it. "Lite is right"
Old 08-29-2007, 02:10 PM
BamBam

Parts_Murderer isnt an easy title to achieve +2 on Brents wild ride though, 180+mph would be nice sometime soon...
Well, you got an airstrip right... I am pretty sure you could hit that # on that much asphault. Good luck man and stay safe.

Brent the more you have the car, the more I see you taking weight off it. "Lite is right"
Yea, I know... Sharif has been after me to drop the crap in the trunk and shed some lbs that way....Not sure I would do that, but who knows what the future holds. Maybe put the doors hinges back to stock and put on some CF doors..? that would drop another 100+lbs... Who knows at this point.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
xcessiveskllzz

nice numbers very great...but how's the top end on the car...i see the bottle necking with these twin turbos...thats why i'm skeptic and looking at the twins for sick top end power...so by this conclusion would majority say single has more top end than twins? just throwing a question out there because i'm considering the jwt 700bb and the 850bb vs one big gt35r
Old 11-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by xcessiveskllzz
nice numbers very great...but how's the top end on the car...i see the bottle necking with these twin turbos...thats why i'm skeptic and looking at the twins for sick top end power...so by this conclusion would majority say single has more top end than twins? just throwing a question out there because i'm considering the jwt 700bb and the 850bb vs one big gt35r
Wer can look at Intense's/Powerlab's single graphs, but that is just a dyno, we wont know what it does until somebody tracks the cars and we see traps. Luie's car pulls hard up top no doubting that. Does it pull as hard or HARDER than most twins, ala Greddy TT? He has yet to prove it. Personally, and I even think Luie would agree (correct me if Im wrong Luie!) 98% of people would want the 700's with the better powerband over the laggy, rush of top end 850 turbo's. Oh, and where do you see a bottleneck with the 850's?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:10 PM
thawk408

Wer can look at Intense's/Powerlab's single graphs, but that is just a dyno, we wont know what it does until somebody tracks the cars and we see traps. Luie's car pulls hard up top no doubting that. Does it pull as hard or HARDER than most twins, ala Greddy TT? He has yet to prove it. Personally, and I even think Luie would agree (correct me if Im wrong Luie!) 98% of people would want the 700's with the better powerband over the laggy, rush of top end 850 turbo's. Oh, and where do you see a bottleneck with the 850's?
I think he is talking about power falling off in the top end on the high boost setting.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Well, I have seen Greddy kit's make peak power from 6200 up to 7000rpm's, with many different combo's. All depends on the tuner, exhaust, cams, etc, too many variables. I think most kits with a better intake manifold (hopefully Cosworth with all the hype) could produce better power up top.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:18 PM
thawk408

Well, I have seen Greddy kit's make peak power from 6200 up to 7000rpm's, with many different combo's. All depends on the tuner, exhaust, cams, etc, too many variables. I think most kits with a better intake manifold (hopefully Cosworth with all the hype) could produce better power up top.
Yeah I agree. I think it has to do with maybe the sizing of the cams, the turbos efficiency, the tune, or a combination of them.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

You are 100% correcet Alberto!

Everyone is making some good power with the singles/bigger twins, but what most folks are seeing is peak power, not the power band throughout. For a street car I would never want full boost @ 4500rpm, (its just not that fun). On the track you are in controled enviorment where you can keep the car in a target rpm.

I have driven Berto's car and at the time we were making about the same power at 12/ 15 psi, and I will tell you the Greddy is much more fun to drive. Dont get me wrong my car freaking fast, but I have to rev high to use my power, greddy's dont.

I have driven the regular APS, Greddy's, PE TT, JWT 700, JWT 850, and a turbonetics, and I will say it agian for the 10th time, IMO the funnest turbo and sweetest power band I have seen, is bottom line the greddy's.

If i were to do it all again I would do the Greddy's (for all around fun and performance)
For the $$$
for the performance
Some members will say that the Greddy's are old tech, and your better off getting some new school turbos, but who has really tracked the Greddy's (stock not 20g)???
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

You are 100% correcet Alberto!

Everyone is making some good power with the singles/bigger twins, but what most folks are seeing is peak power, not the power band throughout. For a street car I would never want full boost @ 4500rpm, (its just not that fun). On the track you are in controled enviorment where you can keep the car in a target rpm.

I have driven Berto's car and at the time we were making about the same power at 12/ 15 psi, and I will tell you the Greddy is much more fun to drive. Dont get me wrong my car freaking fast, but I have to rev high to use my power, greddy's dont.

I have driven the regular APS, Greddy's, PE TT, JWT 700, JWT 850, and a turbonetics, and I will say it agian for the 10th time, IMO the funnest turbo and sweetest power band I have seen, is bottom line the greddy's.

If i were to do it all again I would do the Greddy's (for all around fun and performance)
For the $$$
for the performance
Some members will say that the Greddy's are old tech, and your better off getting some new school turbos, but who has really tracked the Greddy's (stock not 20g)???
coming from the big dogs, like you guys, hearing that kinda stuff makes me feel great about my greddy purchase. my car should be done at Forged next week too
Old 11-27-2007, 08:05 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by f1james
coming from the big dogs, like you guys, hearing that kinda stuff makes me feel great about my purchase
makes me look forward to mine. . .and keeps me from changing my mind since Greddy is denying me turbos at the moment. . .
Old 11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

If your not on the track, I would go with the greddy. Just wait for Greddy to get off the @ss you'll be happy.

Just wait....
Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

If your not on the track, I would go with the greddy. Just wait for Greddy to get off the @ss you'll be happy.

Just wait....
yeah i am waiting to put that reenlistment bonus to good use

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: JWT850bb...this one is nasty *pics gallore*