Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

PowerLab: Stage 5 Turbo Kit/ProEFI ECU/Intense 797WHP **Video**

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007 | 07:43 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by 1ZweetZ
You guys are a little slow at this huh? He said the passenger side exhaust bank wasn't driving the turbo... those cylinders were still making power, but only the drivers side was effectively spooling the turbo.

Nice edit..

But no, I'm (we're) not slow at all. Go read his post. He referred to the fact that the car was "basically" running off 1.75l of displacement, which isn't true. The fact that you seem to be defending that statement means you must not understand what what we were joking about.

I'm fully aware the effect of an exhaust leak. I'm sure you haven't even taken into effect the fact that the exhaust tracts aren't fully divorced, so it could have even had a worse effect than the equivalent leak on a TT system.

I just would rather have it fixed before posting results.

Believe me, I'm the last one you should be arguing with on the ST vs TT issue. I've been one of the more outspoken ST supporters on this forum for a long time.
Old 12-09-2007 | 07:43 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
very cool. can you imagine, with 900 plus in a 3400 pounds car, you would trap 150 + !!! wow!!
Thats pretty insane! I wasnt really shooting for that high tho.
Old 12-09-2007 | 08:18 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
My intent isn't to start drama, I'd like to post our results and findings without confrontation. But when there is confrontation and the questions aren't even fathomable it's slightly irritating. Your car is equipped with a 72mm turbo, which is not comparable to a t3 based 62mm turbo nor a t3 based 67mm turbo.

All I can say is that Powerlab's employees have a long background in making performance parts. Whether you or anyone else think otherwise on the results we've accomplished you're more then welcome to stop by our shop and witness it first hand.
The secret is out!
Old 12-09-2007 | 08:19 PM
taurran

My intent isn't to start drama, I'd like to post our results and findings without confrontation. But when there is confrontation and the questions aren't even fathomable it's slightly irritating. Your car is equipped with a 72mm turbo, which is not comparable to a t3 based 62mm turbo nor a t3 based 67mm turbo.

All I can say is that Powerlab's employees have a long background in making performance parts. Whether you or anyone else think otherwise on the results we've accomplished you're more then welcome to stop by our shop and witness it first hand.
Oh, but I've never said anything to the contrary here. I hope your car makes big power with a nice curve. Until mine is where I want it, it just means it's more achievable for the rest of us ST owners.

(and I'm only looking for 600-700whp)
Old 12-09-2007 | 08:21 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Originally Posted by taurran
Oh, but I've never said anything to the contrary here. I hope your car makes big power with a nice curve. Until mine is where I want it, it just means it's more achievable for the rest of us ST owners.
Hey we can sell you a full t4 powerlab kit and you're worries can be over we've made the power and so can you
Old 12-09-2007 | 08:22 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

And jeremy, you've got a lot to learn i'm still laughing how a shop that only releases dyno's that are STD correction is talking to a shop that only releases SAE corrected numbers about releasing Uncorrected #s

just wanted to check and see if your dyno is working correctly. if the weather station goes bad and reads 25 on the barometric pressure, you will see lots of corrections. if you showed both of them, we could see. no big deal though. at least thats what the guy at dynojet said at the PRI show...
Old 12-09-2007 | 08:23 PM
thawk408

Hey we can sell you a full t4 powerlab kit and you're worries can be over we've made the power and so can you

waiting for rebuttal.....
Old 12-09-2007 | 08:23 PM
taurran

Yep, I think my car is definitely past the point of no return. I actually prefer my flexibility with turbo sizing however.

Truthfully, if I could start from day one again I'd probably be driving a slow 335i now...
Old 12-09-2007 | 08:26 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 1ZweetZ
What's your point? So you and GTM are milking your numbers..... Now everyone else who wants to post comparisons is forced to use std instead of the industry standard SAE... Doesn't make much sense does it!
LOL-you are retarded. Must not have a lot of experience with dyno's STD is a few hp above SAE yes, is that milking numbers? No, the diff between SAE and STD could be less in some cases as having the smoothing on 0 and 5 Also, I used STD correction on a DJ to compare to the STD correction I had just gotten on the Dyno Dynamics minutes before.

Intense-this is a serious Q, I dont mean to stir anything up at this point-this thread is already taking a bad turn.

The kit as stated will not be for most people, it should be good for building highway monsters and drag racing. Dyno numbers are great, but is is safe to assume track testing/time are in the works for us all?
Old 12-09-2007 | 08:31 PM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by Alberto
LOL-you are retarded. Must not have a lot of experience with dyno's STD is a few hp above SAE yes, is that milking numbers? No, the diff between SAE and STD could be less in some cases as having the smoothing on 0 and 5 Also, I used STD correction on a DJ to compare to the STD correction I had just gotten on the Dyno Dynamics minutes before.

Intense-this is a serious Q, I dont mean to stir anything up at this point-this thread is already taking a bad turn.

The kit as stated will not be for most people, it should be good for building highway monsters and drag racing. Dyno numbers are great, but is is safe to assume track testing/time are in the works for us all?
I bet I have made more dyno pulls than anyone on this forum combined.... If it is "only a few higher" than why use it????? So now you are comparing standard correction between dyno manufacturers... do you even know what those corrections are? or what they mean? You might want to look into that before making these kinds of posts.
Old 12-10-2007 | 09:35 AM
Banndmanback
Banned

was it really necissary for another shop or anyone else for that matter to jump in and make comments and start a fight?

no.

can't wait for the dyno sheet
Old 12-10-2007 | 09:50 AM
QuadCam

Originally Posted by Banndmanback
was it really necissary for another shop or anyone else for that matter to jump in and make comments and start a fight?

no.

can't wait for the dyno sheet

People are skeptical of these HP/dyno claims for this vehicle. all we have is a video of a car on a dyno. the quick pics of dyno readout on the video are not really clear. there have been no pics of the setup or anything.

Especially after the VRT disaster, you have alot of community members who need more than a video to make them believers of claims like these.
Old 12-10-2007 | 09:54 AM
Banndmanback
Banned

I agree, but they stated Monday the dyno sheet would be up. Is there anything else to really discuss until that is done?

I saw a few pages devoted to arguing about the power curves, which was based off of a dyno sheet that had a supposed exhaust leak (worthless) and now we have a few pages for mud being slung about over Dyno correction standards...

Old 12-10-2007 | 09:59 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by QuadCam
People are skeptical of these HP/dyno claims for this vehicle. all we have is a video of a car on a dyno. the quick pics of dyno readout on the video are not really clear. there have been no pics of the setup or anything.

Especially after the VRT disaster, you have alot of community members who need more than a video to make them believers of claims like these.

you gotta be joking...i could see the vrt situation in other cases....but....you had vids and dynosheets of the gt35r setup and th gt37r setup... which is basically "bolt on" to the gt35r setup... that clearly show a dyno with 0 smoothing and SAE...+ 2 runs so show the consistensy of the setup...

what more DNA evidency do you need.. they have been building 1000+whp supras for years with a well backed company with lots of resources... you think this is someone working in the back of a house with a "moon dyno" ???
Ive posted a picture of the stage1 setup here already... its basically "similar" ...

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 12-10-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:05 AM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

As Promised I'd return today and update everyone with pictures and video.. (There's no torque curve because our tach is messed up, it looks like a seisomograph when it's on pegging 1800tq lol)

Here are the dynographs from Fridays endeavor Here's an 897 STD Correction

Here is the same dynograph on SAE (which we use as our standard)

And for comparison sake, here's what a Supra does w/ the same Turbo (different boost pressures) but you can see how much of a difference there is in spool up time.

Here's a video of it after the exhaust leak! (866whp run)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPepN-wKTY

If you watch the 2 videos back to back you'll be able to see how bad the exhaust leak was...

This morning started out well once we got the hardware we needed to bolt the slicks onto our G35.. But as darren posted earlier we would see the end of this clutches short lived life. We were only able to make 891WHP w/ slicks before the clutch started slipping... We're going to be ordering a Tilton clutch, some axles and some other goodies... Here's a picture of what's to come

Last edited by IntenseFab; 12-10-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:09 AM
IIQuickSilverII

^^^^

can i borrow those tires ]

truly sick 882!!!! with clutch slipping...!!!!

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 12-10-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:19 AM
drap660

Insane!!
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:23 AM
meatbag

As Promised I'd return today and update everyone with pictures and video.. (There's no torque curve because our tach is messed up, it looks like a seisomograph when it's on pegging 1800tq lol)

Here are the dynographs from Fridays endeavor Here's an 897 STD Correction

Here is the same dynograph on SAE (which we use as our standard)

And for comparison sake, here's what a Supra does w/ the same Turbo (different boost pressures) but you can see how much of a difference there is in spool up time.

Here's a video of it after the exhaust leak! (866whp run)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytPepN-wKTY

If you watch the 2 videos back to back you'll be able to see how bad the exhaust leak was...

This morning started out well once we got the hardware we needed to bolt the slicks onto our G35.. But as darren posted earlier we would see the end of this clutches short lived life. We were only able to make 891WHP w/ slicks before the clutch started slipping... We're going to be ordering a Tilton clutch, some axles and some other goodies... Here's a picture of what's to come

Man i need to come out to Az again and check out all the cool **** yall have going on now. On a side note what size wheels and slicks are you running on that car?
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:26 AM
Banndmanback
Banned

are you talking about the 7lb Tilton setup? I really hope not!! lol.

thanks for posting up results so quickly. where do you think you will be when tuning is complete?
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:26 AM
Banndmanback
Banned

and also, that bodykit is monstrous! (in a good way)

Quick Reply: PowerLab: Stage 5 Turbo Kit/ProEFI ECU/Intense 797WHP **Video**