Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Performance Factory: Our tune came with a extra package!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:59 PM
zman1910

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John
What did we say earlier in this thread? Keep it on topic - zero exceptions. I have a complete listing of all IP logins from both individuals - as do all Mods. There are no matches and your assumptions are incorrect - confirmed by myself and ZU L8R. Since you have been so insisting on creating a false accusation, you have earned yourself a timeout for a few days. You're welcome back after that time to play nice... you can contact me with any other issues.
You are one incredibly annoying and, from the looks of it, very biased moderator. If your gonna ban GTM you need to ban your friend who started all this trash to begin with...but I guess we can all see that isn't gonna happen.

Besides everyone knows in the back of their mind that this engine will never hold at 600whp consistently. If it does the engine was switched out at some point for a properly built engine somewhere along the way.....

You can ban me now...thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 09:01 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zman1910
You are one incredibly annoying and, from the looks of it, very biased moderator. If your gonna ban GTM you need to ban your friend who started all this trash to begin with...but I guess we can all see that isn't gonna happen.
maybe you should go take a look before you make some more dumb posts
Old 01-24-2008, 09:02 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

so can we see more pics of the car... or videos?

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 01-24-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:03 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
so can we see more pics of the car... or videos?
WTH your trying to get the thread back on topic.

J/K

Vids would be great
Old 01-24-2008, 09:04 PM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zman1910
What did we say? PM or time out. You chose the latter. 3 days.

Edit: Who's next? The instructions were very simply - PM and report or you will face the consequences stated moons ago by the Mods.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:05 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by ZU L8R

J/K

Vids would be great

isnt that what you wanted...
Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZU L8R

J/K

Vids would be great
I said the same thing.. Jorge turned a new leaf? lol.

I would also like to request some vids... maybe a classic 'Where's the headlift brutttha' !!! lol!

I still need more shots of that ridiculous brake setup.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:08 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I would also like to request some vids... maybe a classic 'Where's the headlift brutttha' !!! lol! .
hahaha the "mexican car show" or something

Last edited by monokuroboo; 01-24-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Motormouth
Banned

the guys in my car club still constantly say it. it's quite hilarious.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM
theking

It's pretty cool to see so many different companies come together to make this car. I'm sure the guys at BC will give it a proper thrashing. No vids? Why doesn't AJ ever post up vids from his iPhone? Good job to all involved.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:06 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

I for one have never intended for this (Pete's) thread about his cars tune to get out of hand the way it did. It seems no matter what I say, or what we do it gets hated on, it makes me not even want any part of this board, which sucks. Can't we all agree to disagree and atleast be civil and accept that we as car builders/enthusiests have different receipes for what we feel works..and that's just how it goes.

Can we all get back on topic at hand? I'm sure most of us would appreciate it...
Old 01-24-2008, 11:14 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

As some of you have asked, Pete is planning some cool video sessions which I am sure will include alot of in-car footage and otherwise of this car. Maybe Pete can elaborate on this for us........... (if he hasn't been scared away by now) ............

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 01-25-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why does every thread get into some big battle with everyone..??

we are just here working our asses off trying to do some big things in a positive manner and dont have time to keep up with all this drama?

Was i scared when i was tuning it ?? YES, very much so. ask pete
Was i impressed with the motor holding up with the given conditions?? again, very much so BUT it did hold up so far.

Am i glad i tuned it?? Yes, i learned that the shops like ourselves that insist on doing stuff like L19 headstuds and HKS headgaskets ect are over protecting the motors and will run for a long time.

Will this motor hold up on a track on C16 with 600whp?? Well, Scott better hope so or i hate to see that thread. Who knows what will happen??

The motor made average power for boost levels given, nothing bad, nothing great. with proper tuning and a nice safety net C16 race gas, we got the whp level to 600. thats what pete wanted and thats where we stopped at.

i can get the graph looking perfectly smooth and all polished up but that was only my first few graphs on C16 because i wanted to keep the beating up of this motor to a minimum.

As far as taking sides...

Sharif did an excellent job on the install, Scott built a motor good for 600whp on my dyno and we will see how the real world and track will treat it.

the end
Old 01-25-2008, 05:53 AM
Motormouth
Banned

I just find it hard to believe that Scott would say what he has said about the motor if it wasn't going to last. I am sure he knows if there is headlift or a blown headgasket at the first track session that it's gonna be a shitstorm. his whole emerging reputation is basically staked in the motor and I don't think he would have done so if he didn't believe it would hold up.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:52 AM
helldorado

Getting back on topic, I just had 2 questions about the tune. What's the difference between the two 13psi tunes and what tune was designed to be used as the one for racing?

And I know we all have our own opinions on how well this engine will hold up, but I would hope that it does, regardless of whether I think it will or won't. Not because I want a victory for either side of the argument, but I'd hate for Pete and BC Racing to have to deal with that on top of everything else.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:02 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im sorry, i mislabled the second 13 psi, it is actually 15 on pump set up safe..

they actually put them in order and i rename them as i go

Pete is a really nice guy and i hate to see him caught in the middle of anything..

Last edited by Audible Mayhem; 01-25-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:25 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by helldorado
.... we all have our own opinions on how well this engine will hold up, but I would hope that it does, regardless of whether I think it will or won't.
lets hope, cuase if it goes there will be a lot of finger pointing....but i think the owner is aware of that, so far fair game
Old 01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

great number Pete & Jeremy. That car is beautiful, I can't wait to see some track videos
Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
Was i scared when i was tuning it ?? YES, very much so. ask pete
Was i impressed with the motor holding up with the given conditions?? again, very much so BUT it did hold up so far.

Am i glad i tuned it?? Yes, i learned that the shops like ourselves that insist on doing stuff like L19 headstuds and HKS headgaskets ect are over protecting the motors and will run for a long time.

Will this motor hold up on a track on C16 with 600whp?? Well, Scott better hope so or i hate to see that thread. Who knows what will happen??
Jeremy, with all due respect, these are very different statements from what we discussed in private. You and I both know, that making 600whp with C16DJ is something that is easy to do.....on the dyno...hell...even with a stock motor. Making power on a dyno does not demonstrate that a build strategy works, or that an engine will last. I am sure you not suggesting that engine builders ditch the L19 studs, and HKS headgaskets, and resort to OEM head bolts, OEM Main bolts, and OEM Head gaskets?

Please correct me if I am wrong. This is not how either of us would build an engine. I honestly had little doubt that the engine would make power on the dyno. But I will never forget the silence on the end of the phone, when I informed Pete that had BONE STOCK parts in his engine, instead of the components he thought he was getting.

I AM Happy for Pete, and I am glad he has the power he wants....lets hope it holds up.

Quick Reply: Performance Factory: Our tune came with a extra package!