Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

1st Time attack with some dissappointments

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 03:27 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Well all this talk about lines failing had me concerned. I just checked all my lines and there are some oil lines that have a plastic wrap around them that are all melted. It just never stops, and I just blew another fan relay.
What exactly is causing the fans to fail? Is there a thread or something on it that you guys could point me to?
Old 05-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the fan relay thing is weird. we have installed a bunch of fans with nothing ever burning up.

not sure on that...
Old 05-03-2008, 04:10 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by failsafe306
What exactly is causing the fans to fail? Is there a thread or something on it that you guys could point me to?

I dont know fan hook up is pretty straight forward, but it seems like the fan I got are blowing the relays all the time! Maybe I got some dud fans. Pete seems to have the same problem so maybe it might be that particular bash of fans. Some folks are not experiencing these issues so it might be a isolated incidents. All I know is that my fans are re wired with thicker wire guage and everything works fine for a couple of days and eventually the relays fail. The fans are 20amp on start up and I have big relays and they still eventually fail. Some say that the fan motors are just going bad and are drawing to much and causing the relays to fail, but I dont know. I just carry extra relays with me in my tool bag.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by Philthy
Play the innocent victim all you want - If the mods approve, I'll post the EvoM thread where you called out RobiSpec and that's what brought my car into this...
Mod's I allow him to post the link. I don't have a user name in any of the evo boards. I don't post over there. Prove it
Old 05-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Pete@BC

Actually, let me help philthy out so he can get his story right. Here's all the talk about robispec and how BC racing doesn't stack up to a totally different setup, different car blah blah blah. Drama is found in every forum. Any ways, the call out was done by others philthy, not by anyone here. But like I said, your more than welcome to show up. Nothing has ever been directed to you as you stated by anyone here. Stop for a minute, read things over carefully without anyone feeding stuff in your ear and it will all make sense.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...=329701&page=2
Old 05-03-2008, 07:57 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 05-03-2008, 08:05 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
Actually, let me help philthy out so he can get his story right. Here's all the talk about robispec and how BC racing doesn't stack up to a totally different setup, different car blah blah blah. Drama is found in every forum. Any ways, the call out was done by others philthy, not by anyone here. But like I said, your more than welcome to show up. Nothing has ever been directed to you as you stated by anyone here. Stop for a minute, read things over carefully without anyone feeding stuff in your ear and it will all make sense.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad this was cleaned up.

BC (Pete?):

what are your next steps for this car? I saw you were talking about testing a bunch of prototypes, so what are you switching up, or just recovering from a race weekend
Old 05-04-2008, 05:04 AM
XKR

Also a little perspective as well - does anyone want to guess how much WHP the MIATA or LOTUS that BEAT this car makes or how about the S2000 that tied them...? Any takers...?
Because I am a Registered and License "Nuthugger" .... I will not **** off the mods on this one ...I read the post and I comprehended it... I will leave it at that.

If the Mods will permit me, and because Pete had opened the door...I would like to respond to Philthy's question....because Philthy's question brings up a valid point. My guess is the Miata has 230 to 300 whp if it has a turbo kit....that's what they dyno at my track.

Someone made a statement about Pete's car running at 600 whp at this event....cant see him running all out with that much power on a wet surface ( unless the track dried up).

The numbers that Philthy posted also shows that Pete's car could not have been running full out as stated because if you do the number as I have ..Modded G35 vs Modded Maita...... the times don't add up.

Maita : 2400 - 2500lbs , 300 whp , rear wing ( extra down force) race tires, suspension work

G35 : 3700lbs , 600 whp, race tires, suspension.

My professional opinion is....UNLESS the maita entered in a "Open Class" bracket..it is not even in the same class as the G35 with 600whp. I race against them all the time at the track...and grant it, in the corners they can be a problem....but no problem after that. If a heavy modded G can beat Vetts and Porsches, a Maita is nothing...unless you tell me the Maita has 450 , 600 or more HP. But if this Maita is not FI!!.....WOW

So my conclusion is EITHER Scott is not that good of a driver.... which I don't think is the case, because Luie said that he can drive, or this G35 was not driven as hard as was stated.....or maybe you will say that its because of the problems you had with the car....but I am sure Scott had one good run with out going off the track.

I eagerly wait for the results from your next event when you race in better weather where the motor can really be pushed to its limits.

Pete, rule number one in road racing is ,,,, "check everything before entering the track"....tires, coolant, oil, brakes and hoses. My mechanic once damaged my brake line taking my race care off the transporter.

Good luck and be safe.

Last edited by XKR; 05-04-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:31 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by XKR
Because I am a Registered and License "Nuthugger" .... I will not **** off the mods on this one ...I read the post and I comprehended it... I will leave it at that.

If the Mods will permit me, and because Pete had opened the door...I would like to respond to Philthy's question....because Philthy's question brings up a valid point. My guess is the Miata has 230 to 300 whp if it has a turbo kit....that's what they dyno at my track.

Someone made a statement about Pete's car running at 600 whp at this event....cant see him running all out with that much power on a wet surface ( unless the track dried up).

The numbers that Philthy posted also shows that Pete's car could not have been running full out as stated because if you do the number as I have ..Modded G35 vs Modded Maita...... the times don't add up.

Maita : 2400 - 2500lbs , 300 whp , rear wing ( extra down force) race tires, suspension work

G35 : 3700lbs , 600 whp, race tires, suspension.

My professional opinion is....UNLESS the maita entered in a "Open Class" bracket..it is not even in the same class as the G35 with 600whp. I race against them all the time at the track...and grant it, in the corners they can be a problem....but no problem after that. If a heavy modded G can beat Vetts and Porsches, a Maita is nothing...unless you tell me the Maita has 450 , 600 or more HP. But if this Maita is not FI!!.....WOW

So my conclusion is EITHER Scott is not that good of a driver.... which I don't think is the case, because Luie said that he can drive, or this G35 was not driven as hard as was stated.....or maybe you will say that its because of the problems you had with the car....but I am sure Scott had one good run with out going off the track.

Pete, rule number one in road racing is ,,,, "check everything before entering the track"....tires, coolant, oil, brakes and hoses. My mechanic once damaged my brake line taking my race care off the transporter.

Good luck and be safe.

Nicley put!

If Scott didnt 4x4 it then maybe he held off (J/K) a bit, regardless if Scott drove Petes car like he drove mine then there shouldn't be a issue there, but lets not make this a Scott bash thread. My respects to you Pete for tracking you expensive car and posting the short fall, IMO If you have not tracked your G or Z and have not post about it then I think you should keep your mouth shut, I think thats fair. I have talked to Pete, and the guy is one of the most stand up guys in the forum, the fact that he is sharing his experience with us goes along way. There are so many folks here on the forum giving out suggestions on the simple fact on what they read on the forum, but not exactly what they have experienced. Pete thank you so much for sharing!!

Last edited by eagletanggreen; 05-04-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:52 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by eagletanggreen
Nicley put!

If Scott didnt 4x4 it then maybe he held off (J/K) a bit, regardless if Scott drove Petes car like he drove mine then there shouldn't be a issue there, but lets not make this a Scott bash thread. My respects to you Pete for tracking you expensive car and posting the short fall, IMO If you have not tracked your G or Z and have not post about it then I think you should keep your mouth shut, I think thats fair. I have talked to Pete, and the guy is one of the most stand up guys in the forum, the fact that he is sharing his experience with us goes along way. There are so many folks here on the forum giving out suggestions on the simple fact on what they read on the forum, but not exactly what they have experienced. Pete thank you so much for sharing!!

Not bashing Scott......its just that the facts dont add up...Say you have a good driver (as stated in this case that Scott is) A 600whp G35 cannot and should not lose against a Maita, Lotus, or Honda....unless all cars involved are equal.

So we cant have it both ways. We cant say Scott is a good driver, he pushed the car to its limits (beating the crap out of the G) and also lose to inferior cars. You have to give up one.

So Philthys point is valid.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by Motormouth
glad this was cleaned up.

BC (Pete?):

what are your next steps for this car? I saw you were talking about testing a bunch of prototypes, so what are you switching up, or just recovering from a race weekend
Actually at the St. Louis event we were testing some new suspension and brakes. There are a few things the car definately needs drastically. 1 is the stock diff has to go. Second much needed downforce. The car couldn't keep the tires planted on the track even with the R888. Those two things should help substantially be consistant on the track. I'm gonna call our guy that cornerbalances to check what weight we are. I'll be suprised if I lost 50lbs. The full interior is in, minus the rear seats. Probably loosing some weight will be on the list, but not sure when that will take place. I'd like to document the weight now, versus the weight later and so on.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:02 AM
XKR

Actually at the St. Louis event we were testing some new suspension and brakes. There are a few things the car definately needs drastically. 1 is the stock diff has to go. Second much needed downforce. The car couldn't keep the tires planted on the track even with the R888. Those two things should help substantially be consistant on the track. I'm gonna call our guy that cornerbalances to check what weight we are. I'll be suprised if I lost 50lbs. The full interior is in, minus the rear seats. Probably loosing some weight will be on the list, but not sure when that will take place. I'd like to document the weight now, versus the weight later and so on.
Removing the rear seats helps alot. If you are having problems with the R888....your camber was not set up for this event. I can see that from one of your pictures.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:05 AM
Pete@BC

Originally Posted by XKR
Not bashing Scott......its just that the facts dont add up...Say you have a good driver (as stated in this case that Scott is) A 600whp G35 cannot and should not lose against a Maita, Lotus, or Honda....unless all cars involved are equal.

So we cant have it both ways. We cant say Scott is a good driver, he pushed the car to its limits (beating the crap out of the G) and also lose to inferior cars. You have to give up one.

So Philthys point is valid.

Actually, I know someone mentioned previously about off road. Scott's so called off course excursion wasn't he went off track in grass or so on. If so my car would not have a bumper or skirts left. I have to post some pics to help clarify this.

In turn 1 the brakes felt a iffy on one of the practice sessions, so he decided not to risk not makin the 1st turn, he continued straight onto the oval and not infield. He was makin sure the car was responding before it went into a wall or anything to that extent.

I did some searching around

Matt Andres Miata

2018lbs with full tank of gas
259wheel-hp and 243ft/lbs of torque at a low break in boost of 7psi.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/pr...ata/index.html

Talking to Matt on the track he was doing 13lbs of boost.

You have to look at track and vehicles. Some tracks are perfect for smaller cars. More close turns, no straight aways long enough for the power vehicles. Where as theres high speed courses like Vir. I'm not makin excuses. Matt ran a great race. Thats part of racing we didn't survive to the session day.

Our best laptime which is on video though was 1:05 Matt did win with a 1:09
check redlines time attack site.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:21 AM
XKR

Actually, I know someone mentioned previously about off road. Scott's so called off course excursion wasn't he went off track in grass or so on. If so my car would not have a bumper or skirts left. I have to post some pics to help clarify this.

In turn 1 the brakes felt a iffy on one of the practice sessions, so he decided not to risk not makin the 1st turn, he continued straight onto the oval and not infield. He was makin sure the car was responding before it went into a wall or anything to that extent.

I did some searching around

Matt Andres Miata

2018lbs with full tank of gas
259wheel-hp and 243ft/lbs of torque at a low break in boost of 7psi.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/pr...ata/index.html

Talking to Matt on the track he was doing 13lbs of boost.

You have to look at track and vehicles. Some tracks are perfect for smaller cars. More close turns, no straight aways long enough for the power vehicles. Where as theres high speed courses like Vir. I'm not makin excuses. Matt ran a great race. Thats part of racing we didn't survive to the session day.

Our best laptime which is on video though was 1:05 Matt did win with a 1:09
check redlines time attack site.
Valid points....

The Hp to weight ratio of the Maita still does not put it in the same classs with your G....

I think if you were on dry surface with better camber you would have done better.

Good luck in your future runs.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My story is straight - whether it was a representative of your company or you directly doesn't change the outcome...

I really do wish you the best of luck and like myself, I'm sure everyone would love to see a more direct comparison...

Only different really between our cars is I'm spotting you a ~100whp and I have a superior suspension (KW) and tuner
Old 05-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only different really between our cars is I'm spotting you a ~100whp and I have a superior suspension (KW) and a tuner

FIXED
Old 05-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Danny@BC

Everyone wanted Pete to post the results of the time attack in St. Louis and that is exactly what he did. In the most unbiased way possible I might add. Ask yourselves this, if your car had a similar issue that caused an engine fire would you be angry? I am sure everyone here would jump on these boards and start a flamefest. He went into detail about all the issues we had with the car, not giving more attention to anyone one detail over the other. I personally can't believe how calm Pete is staying about the whole thing.

My story is straight - whether it was a representative of your company or you directly doesn't change the outcome...

I really do wish you the best of luck and like myself, I'm sure everyone would love to see a more direct comparison...

Only different really between our cars is I'm spotting you a ~100whp and I have a superior suspension (KW) and tuner
First of all I have no clue what you have to do with any of this...
Second, you said you were going to post the "proof", so what are you waiting for? Go ahead and post this supposed "proof" you have, cause niether I or Pete have ever spoken to you on any forum, let alone EvoM.
And seeing as we are the only 2 representatives that post on the forums I find it very difficult that another "representative" spoke to you about anything.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:30 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by Danny@BC
I personally can't believe how calm Pete is staying about the whole thing.

i asked sharif to elaborate his position,but has not found the "time".although i have noticed him posting around in other threads.i dont care what level your tune is,fire should never be a part of the equation.instead of apology,he resorts to lame excuses.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:33 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Danny@BC
Everyone wanted Pete to post the results of the time attack in St. Louis and that is exactly what he did. In the most unbiased way possible I might add. Ask yourselves this, if your car had a similar issue that caused an engine fire would you be angry? I am sure everyone here would jump on these boards and start a flamefest. He went into detail about all the issues we had with the car, not giving more attention to anyone one detail over the other. I personally can't believe how calm Pete is staying about the whole thing.
I agree with you on this one.....but let me add to it .."he was being unbiased to the best of his knowledge."
I will explain this a little further in my post.

Lets use some logical reasoning here....(and I appoligize Luie for bring your car up again)

Now lets be honest...Between Luie's Z and Pete's G...which one do you think that Scott would REALLY "Beat the Hell out of"?....just think for a minute.

Sharif built Luie's Z and Scott built Pete's motor. Another example to put my statement into prospective.....would you drive the hell out of your car the way you would a rental? When I use to take racing classes at Road Atlanta....I use their car's....I did things to those cars that I would never do to mine... ( I hope Dave does not see this) You don't think that Scott had in the back of his mind about what would happen if his motor blew??? You guys would E-Stone him !!!! Losing to a under powered Lotus and S2000 in Pete's car is a dead give away!!!! But winning against much higher HP cars in Luie's car???!!!! Yes ...the point could be made that Luie's Z was setup better in better track condition...but the Lotus and the S2000 ran in the same road condition as the G.

There is no secret that Sharif and Scott are not friends....So Scott would have gained a lot to have blown up Luie's motor....but as Luie his proven....not even he can blow it up.

Here is my purpose for saying this.....I went back and read the thread about Luie's car when Scott drove it in that event. Luie's Z temp stayed really high even with working fans......but the only problem that Pete had was with the cooling system fans not working.....but nothing about overheating?....on a road race track???....but yet statements were made about running the car hard at 600whp? Like I said ...Pete is just a by stander in a card game of "3 Card Monty"

Pete....like I said before...you are an innocent by stander that got pulled into this mess. I had PM'ed you way back when this whole thing got started and told you that there are too many cooks in the kitchen....this spells trouble.....but it was too late.

I am not here to defend Sharif....The man stands behind his work his fault or not.....but all I can say is that I am at the track every other weekend (unless one of you smokers mess up my weekend with heart problems) running my car hard and I have not had any of those issues. If it were not for my stock Brembo's....I could run my G all day....and this is one of the reasons I had to up grade my brake system.

Pete...this is a very EXPENSIVE hobby....and the main reason most people would rather Drag Race.
Hell...this is one of the main reasons I went through a divorce ...my ex-wife felt that I was spending too much time and money on this hobby.....a weekend $1500 gas, $2000+ tires for 2 cars, $500 -700 a day for a Mechanic....even if all he did is keep time.

Keep us posted on your next event.

BTW Danny....I would be angry if that happened to my car...but I would only have Sharif to blame....this is why its smart to only have one set of finger prints on your car.

Last edited by XKR; 05-04-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 1st Time attack with some dissappointments