Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

1st Time attack with some dissappointments

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 03:06 PM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
i asked sharif to elaborate his position,but has not found the "time".although i have noticed him posting around in other threads.i dont care what level your tune is,fire should never be a part of the equation.instead of apology,he resorts to lame excuses.
Why do you feel that Sharif would owe you an explanation? I thought Pete was the owner of this car?? Why don't you contact Pete and ask him what Sharif has to say?
Old 05-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Danny@BC

Originally Posted by XKR
Now lets be honest...Between Luie's Z and Pete's G...which one do you think that Scott would REALLY "Beat the Hell out of"?....just think for a minute.

Sharif built Luie's Z and Scott built Pete's motor. Another example to put my statement into prospective.....would you drive the hell out of your car the way you would a rental? When I use to take racing classes at Road Atlanta....I use their car's....I did things to those cars that I would never do to mine... ( I hope Dave does not see this) You don't think that Scott had in the back of his mind about what would happen if his motor blew??? You guys would E-Stone him !!!! Losing to a under powered Lotus and S2000 in Pete's car is a dead give away!!!! But winning against much higher HP cars in Luie's car???!!!! Yes ...the point could be made that Luie's Z was setup better in better track condition...but the Lotus and the S2000 ran in the same road condition as the G.

There is no secret that Sharif and Scott are not friends....So Scott would have gained a lot to have blown up Luie's motor....but as Luie his proven....not even he can blow it up.

Here is my purpose for saying this.....I went back and read the thread about Luie's car when Scott drove it in that event. Luie's Z temp stayed really high even with working fans......but the only problem that Pete had was with the cooling system fans not working.....but nothing about overheating?....on a road race track???....but yet statements were made about running the car hard at 600whp? Like I said ...Pete is just a by stander in a card game of "3 Card Monty"

BTW Danny....I would be angry if that happened to my car...but I would only have Sharif to blame....this is why its smart to only have one set of finger prints on your car.
I see where you are coming from, but at the same time the argument could be made that Scott wanted to drive his motor harder, because he has something to prove. But the point is it doesn't matter what happens because even if the car makes it through the whole time attack season with no motor issues and wins every race and wins the points total, people will still doubt it. That is a really unfair position to be in if you ask me. This shouldn't even be about Scott or Shariff.

Last edited by Danny@BC; 05-04-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:17 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Danny@BC
But the point is it doesn't matter what happens because even if the car makes it through the whole time attack season with no motor issues and wins every race and wins the points total, people will still doubt it. That is a really unfair position to be in if you ask me.
Well if that happens, and the motor stays together...I will be the first to eat my words and be man enough to say I am wrong. Just PM me if this happens and I will start a thread congratulating Scott and Pete.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:45 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

I just got off the phone with Mr Scott Bush. All I am going to say is that I am disgusted on the all the cover up, thats going on with the shops, or shop in question. It seems no matter what Pete or anyone from RA has to say is in valid or no good. Pics are deleted ect. I am just plain ashamed and do not want want any part of this shop nut hugging thing anymore. You know who you are, so please just stay away during Z days. In time (after Z days ) I will disclos all my finding, and will say good bye! Your in for a surprise!
Old 05-04-2008, 04:03 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm confused.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by failsafe306
I'm confused.
So am I... After all the praise and posts that Luie has made about Forged Performance, now he's got beef with them too?
Old 05-04-2008, 04:08 PM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by Philthy
So am I... After all the praise and posts that Luie has made about Forged Performance, now he's got beef with them too?

No not them!

Long story guys! I am just venting right now.
Old 05-04-2008, 04:18 PM
failsafe306

Pf?
Old 05-04-2008, 04:19 PM
turismo

Old 05-04-2008, 04:25 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by failsafe306
Pf?

Am I missing something. The Spliff I got from Doug must be clouding my mind.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:28 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Pete, congrats on a safe and successful race despite the setbacks. As you mentioned, it could have been worse. I think all of the shops you have dealt with will fix mistakes if they made them. I think its pretty clear that some issues may not become apparent until the car is heavily stressed. Whether they represent mistakes, defective parts, or inherent design issues with some of the kits is debatable. I would expect that on the first shakedown run, you might expect to run into such issues... So perhaps disappointment comes from expectations set too high. A valuable lesson for me - as I pursue HPDE this fall.

In regards to the fan relays, there is not much to go wrong. I took off the big relays that FP put on there and used the stock smaller ones because I thought it was overkill - but my car has yet to be stressed on a road racing course. The SPAL fans draw 18 amps each. The SPAL relays that FP uses are rated 40 amps each. Pete (and Luie) if you are blowing fuses and melting relays then something is wrong with the fans. The motor is drawing too much current. Is it always the same fuse/relay or do both (driver and passenger side) fan setups exhibit the behavior?

Last edited by rcdash; 05-04-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:34 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
Why do you feel that Sharif would owe you an explanation? I thought Pete was the owner of this car?? Why don't you contact Pete and ask him what Sharif has to say?
not just me,not just pete,but the members of this forum who acually believed the hype.if this is standing behind your work.....he's got a lot of splain'in to do.you should be MORE upset than me,im just a nobody who is disgusted at his post,apparently you spent money

Last edited by go-fast; 05-04-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry guys, its not PF...
Old 05-04-2008, 05:51 PM
XKR

not just me,not just pete,but the members of this forum who acually believed the hype.if this is standing behind your work.....he's got a lot of splain'in to do.you should be MORE upset than me,im just a nobody who is disdusted at his post,apparently you spent money

But you have to ask yourself, has Sharif examined the car as yet? Has he gotten a chance to see if it was his fault, another shops fault or just stress from the track. How can he stand behind something that's not in front of him

Sharif I am sure will share his findings....his or not.

Last edited by XKR; 05-04-2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

all we did to petes car is put it on the dyno to tune it. i didnt like how some vacuum lines were ran and i redid them. on the dyno, one of the RC injectors just got stuck open and flooded our shop up with gas. we took them out and replaced them with Deatschwerks and finished the tune.

thats all we did. just wanted to make that clear...
Old 05-04-2008, 05:57 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by rcdash
In regards to the fan relays, there is not much to go wrong. I took off the big relays that FP put on there and used the stock smaller ones because I thought it was overkill - but my car has yet to be stressed on a road racing course. The SPAL fans draw 18 amps each. The SPAL relays that FP uses are rated 40 amps each. Pete (and Luie) if you are blowing fuses and melting relays then something is wrong with the fans. The motor is drawing too much current. Is it always the same fuse/relay or do both (driver and passenger side) fan setups exhibit the behavior?
Are the stock ones better
Old 05-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

if you are blowing fuses, that obviously means you need a bigger fuse. i would put a 100 amp or something in there...
Old 05-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
if you are blowing fuses, that obviously means you need a bigger fuse. i would put a 100 amp or something in there...
That kind of advice will surely back fire if there's a short, bad fan motor, etc... Coming for an electronics background, I would strongly advise that you do NOT install a 100amp fuse for a 40 amp circuit.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Audible Mayhem
My350z

hence the sarcastic smiley...
Old 05-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

not just me,not just pete,but the members of this forum who acually believed the hype.if this is standing behind your work.....he's got a lot of splain'in to do.you should be MORE upset than me,im just a nobody who is disdusted at his post,apparently you spent money
Go-Fast. Pete didn't call us. After seeing the thread, I immediately called him. I am still waiting for my call back at this point.

You know, in retrospect, we should have never touched this project....and many people advised me not to work on the car....after the whole RA fiasco.

We have stood behind our work countless times, even as a result of issues that were not out fault, and have helped people out, without thinking twice.

I find it ironic that people think that shop owners are in this for the money. As any shop owner will tell you.....running a performance shop is probably one of the least profitable businesses you can try and run. We spend way more hours on the car, then we bill for. In the case of Pete's car, we did the job at cost and made nothing on it....just to get some exposure at SEMA. Rampant online parts discounting means that we make next to nothing on parts too! What a great way to cash in!! We do this because we LIKE what we do, and it's a passion for us.

Quick Reply: 1st Time attack with some dissappointments