Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

1st Time attack with some dissappointments

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Philthy's statement...although harsh...gets right to the point. Even though I am the "Self Appointed King of all Nuthuggers" ....I am a big supporter of GTM,MRC,PF,SGP and of course FP.

I judge a shop by their honesty and their desire to stand behind their work....and of course knowledge.

I would have understood whats going on here if it was said that Sharif refused to atleast look the car over to see if it was his fault....Sharif was not given that chance...But as Philthy has stated...a vendor with a good record was being pulled through the mud without a trial for a Vendor that has already been convicted.

People need to understand that there is a BIG difference between driving a aftermarket FI car on the street at the drag strip and on a road race track. I think Pete found that out the hard way.

On the road race track...you are putting the car through hell... the body of the car is being torque so many different ways....you should expect things to go wrong. I just knew in advance what to look for before taking my car on the track.....I felt Scott should have done a thorough inspection before taking Pete's car on the track. Pete stated that all the problems were able to be fixed at the track....which tells me that an experience driver and mechanic should have been able to find those issues in advance.

I will not explain how I really feel...because Scott is not able to defend himself.

You know that syndrome when someone gets kidnapped....and the kidnapped person starts to side with the kidnapper.
Good point...

I would also like to see how the topic will go on a review of the BC Coilovers when they fail at the track...Or will that even be mentioned??
Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
Good point...

I would also like to see how the topic will go on a review of the BC Coilovers when they fail at the track...Or will that even be mentioned??
yeah the thread shouldnt turn into a bc products sucks thread... if that happnes(a product failing).... well thats a different thread.
There really is nothin more to add here...it plain simply sucks to be caught up in the drama....but thats what happens when you deal with anything that had any relation to vrt

as i told nforce, i hope he gets his problems sorted out though , cuase he will get more competition in the next events .

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 05-05-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:31 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
it plain simply sucks to be caught up in the drama....but thats what happens when you deal with anything that had any relation to vrt

Last edited by XKR; 05-05-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Pete@BC

a smear campaign?

I pointed the facts, all items including ours that had issues. I didn't go into further details as it could have been more hindering to certain parties, which I was avoiding to do. If we were siding with anyone in particular, we could have done things completely different.

What I don't understand is no one wants a cover up, so posting results were done that way. Even coming down to our stuff, they are a prototype kit. It's not in production or near distribution. We are testing them out before we do any release. Things can happen. So am I wrong on pointing out the issues here, or does everyone want me to keep quite and if the problems can't get fixed by the parties involved them mention them? I'm at a loss here. Unless this RA motor fails, I'm part of the whole past drama related and am held as accountable for it? How is that fair. This whole thing started due to the past dealings with VRT from what I understand. Which I wasn't around to know those details, and came to find out about all this afterwards. All I know and can inform the 350z community is I was told this was a bogus motor and called Scott out on it. He gave me his word that it was built like his and he standed behind it 100%. I give him the opportunity to prove himself with no covering it up or anything else with the car, and then I get bashed on it including our company. Which no I am not the manufacturer, only the manufacturers representative (distributor) here in North America. I have no idea what this community expects from me anymore.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:10 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete@BC
a smear campaign?

I pointed the facts, all items including ours that had issues. I didn't go into further details as it could have been more hindering to certain parties, which I was avoiding to do. If we were siding with anyone in particular, we could have done things completely different.

What I don't understand is no one wants a cover up, so posting results were done that way. Even coming down to our stuff, they are a prototype kit. It's not in production or near distribution. We are testing them out before we do any release. Things can happen. So am I wrong on pointing out the issues here, or does everyone want me to keep quite and if the problems can't get fixed by the parties involved them mention them? I'm at a loss here. Unless this RA motor fails, I'm part of the whole past drama related and am held as accountable for it? How is that fair. This whole thing started due to the past dealings with VRT from what I understand. Which I wasn't around to know those details, and came to find out about all this afterwards. All I know and can inform the 350z community is I was told this was a bogus motor and called Scott out on it. He gave me his word that it was built like his and he standed behind it 100%. I give him the opportunity to prove himself with no covering it up or anything else with the car, and then I get bashed on it including our company. Which no I am not the manufacturer, only the manufacturers representative (distributor) here in North America. I have no idea what this community expects from me anymore.
Simple thing my grandmother always told me..

"if you lie with dog's.. you are bound to catch fleas"
Old 05-05-2008, 08:25 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

a smear campaign?
What I don't understand is no one wants a cover up, so posting results were done that way.
So am I wrong on pointing out the issues here, or does everyone want me to keep quite and if the problems can't get fixed by the parties involved them mention them? I'm at a loss here.
Not sure why you are at a loss - it's been stated already. At the first sign of trouble with something you felt FP was responsible for, you should have called Sharif and explained the situation - even if you chose to fix it yourself or select a different shop. That would have been the right thing to do. That is what almost any other customer would have done... Deviation from standard, rationale behavior is bound to raise suspicion regarding your motivation for acting otherwise.

Last edited by rcdash; 05-05-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:46 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

For so many people to have similar problems with the GTM fans, i would say it is a product related issue at first glance.Perhaps the fans have an iternal short of some sort that is causing them to fail..

Or perhaps the Relay supplied is not the proper amperage for the fans. i would use a 40-50 amp relay on EACH fan personally..

However the common denominators in the failures are 2 factors:
1- same fans,relays,same manufacturer ect...
2-Same shop has done all the installs that have failed..

This being the case, it is too soon to say:
A- its a problem with the fans and relays packaged
B-it an issue with the improper wiring of the fans..

Were doing 2 fan installs this week, one being a GTM kit, and the other being a kit we put together ourselves.Both setups will be controlled to turn on and off at certain temperatures by the fcon...Were upgrading each fan to a 50amp relay and fuse, and setting both to come on independantly at different coolant temps..

The fans do not need to run as much as you would think..
I think upgrading the relays is reasonable, but I would not increase the fuse rating. If a 20 amp MAX fan is drawing 50 amps and melting it, it means that it is actually momentarily drawing closer to 100 amps. (Most fuses will momentarily handle twice its rated current carrying capacity for a short time). I would size the fuse appropriately - the smaller, the better the protection provided.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:55 AM
XKR

I have no idea what this community expects from me anymore.
This is where you first went wrong.....It looked to most like you were building up Scott/RA (a person convicted and sentence to death on the forums) at the expense of Sharif ( a very respected vendor)....I do not feel that's what you were doing....but by mentioning Scott/RA in positive way and Sharif in a negative way is like using the "N" word .

I am going to do you a favor at the cost of $10...I will rewrite your review for you.

Hi everyone...My name is Pete. A few weeks ago I did some road racing and it started out with a lot of problems...ie:::: windshield fell out, sunroof would not work, trunk would not open radio or AC would not work . We figured out that it was because of how the motor was installed by Forged Performance....We gave FP a chance to correct these issues...and as expected...they came through.

We all know that nothing Man Made is without fault and road racing can be hell on a car. The motor that Scott built and you morons ( including you XKR) felt would not hold up ( even though I know that Scott did not push it the way he did with Luie's) .....but it held together.

We will all see if it will hold up for the next event and the entire season where I will make sure I will take first place or bust....because the car will be driven to its limits as Luie's Z was driven by Scott.

Now that the car has been driven "Hard"...and FP has corrected the problems....any other problems will be on me and Scott...because we all know that there is no warrantee in road racing.

I will keep you guys updated on the next event.

Pete@BC

Last edited by XKR; 05-05-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:09 AM
NoahzBurnt

Good point...

Way OT bro.....why are people here hell bent on OT remarks about someone's findings...when people bashed you for your experiments with headstuds or anytime u started a new thread I remember I fought to keep those threads on topic as well ( just suprised by the hypocritical remarks made by some here).

Dude i hate to say it.....but BC stuff will most likely not fail. Just cause it is a new name doesn't mean they haven't been OE'ing other people's stuff for years.

I know pete.....even he said his new coilover design has issues and reported them....i am sure he will continue to do so....plus the professional drift teams that use BC every year seem to have no issues.

It just shocking to me as a person that regardless of what took place....only certain shops get mauled and some defended...I know plenty of Sharif's customers personally and am 99% positive he would have fixed the car had it been a feasable option for pete to get it there....that is another issue ENTIRELY!!!!

This thread was made for a customer to post his findings....plain and simple...not to talk about BC, not to talk about Forged or RA.

I mean I just spoke with Pete and the nepitism and fraternal underlings of this forum is simply discouraging to him. Why people can't just let Pete live is beyond me....

Last edited by NoahzBurnt; 05-05-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:13 AM
NoahzBurnt

Originally Posted by rcdash
Not sure why you are at a loss - it's been stated already. At the first sign of trouble with something you felt FP was responsible for, you should have called Sharif and explained the situation - even if you chose to fix it yourself or select a different shop. That would have been the right thing to do. That is what almost any other customer would have done... Deviation from standard, rationale behavior is bound to raise suspicion regarding your motivation for acting otherwise.

I am unbiased here....but if your car was burning to the ground would your first action be to call someone? Mine would be to put that fire out.....
Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Maybe if your driver, Scott Bush, wasn't permanently banned from the forums, for lieing, self promoting his shop/home garage under fake screenames, and putting together ficitous build sheets.....he could come on and elaborate some more about the car.

Add to the list calling customers behind shops backs trying to lure them into the "shed" to get a "tune" done and so forth and so on. Scott is just like Mr.A. They say the apple doesnt fall to far from the tree and ofcourse it holds very true.Glad they permabanned him
Old 05-05-2008, 09:19 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Wow.. what a direction this thread took.

Pete Congrats on your place / finishing! Sometimes the bitter moments during competition make victory taste even sweeter.

As for some of the nub's thinking miata's are slow, some of the fastest times I've been on track have been in my instructors Turbo miata, not my Z.
On any given weekend there are more miatas on track in the USA than 350z/g35's by a ration of 10 to 1. (hell.. prolly' 50 to 1) It's a proven platform, and its cheap to race.

Lastly, the knock on BC Racing coilovers was just uncalled for. Don't forget that they *may* oe your expensive brand coilover too. I'd expect something, ANYTHING to fail when you put it on a road course. I've seen expensive coilovers, and braking systems break, and I've seen cheap systems break. If your not breaking SOMETHING.. your not racing.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
Way OT bro.....why are people here hell bent on OT remarks about someone's findings...when people bashed you for your experiments with headstuds or anytime u started a new thread I remember I fought to keep those threads on topic as well ( just suprised by the hypocritical remarks made by some here).

Dude i hate to say it.....but BC stuff will most likely not fail. Just cause it is a new name doesn't mean they haven't been OE'ing other people's stuff for years.

I know pete.....even he said his new coilover design has issues and reported them....i am sure he will continue to do so....plus the professional drift teams that use BC every year seem to have no issues.

It just shocking to me as a person that regardless of what took place....only certain shops get mauled and some defended...I know plenty of Sharif's customers personally and am 99% positive he would have fixed the car had it been a feasable option for pete to get it there....that is another issue ENTIRELY!!!!

This trhead was made for a customer to post his findings....plain and simple...not to talk about BC, not to talk about Forged or RA.

I mean I just spoke with Pete and the nepitism and fraternal underlings of this forum is simply discouraging to him. Why people can't just let Pete live is beyond me....
What I meant by my comment is that BC obviously was offended and surprised at Sharif's findings of the RA motor several months ago, and the resulting Drama that occured as a result.

After all, who would not have a sour taste in their mouth aftet that..And you of all people know about sour tases in your mouth you did work for AA...

So Brian or Pete or whoever his name is, being pissed off at Sharif, and given the obvious relationship with Scott, and RA, ect ect.,(All who would jump at the chance to smear Sharif's name all over the net,) makes one wonder at the motivation behind such a posting as what took place at the time attack event..

I will say this, several months went by since Sharif put the car together, who knows who touched it,and who tuned it since then...Not to mention how hard the car was pushed in the interm. Just playing devils advocate..

Things break, things go wrong..It is a highly modified race car correct? If one wanted reliability, then buy a new Honda Accord LS that gets 26mpg and leave it stock...

All I was saying is that the OP made such a big effort, for reasons unknown, to post how some fan wires failed on his car, several months after install. Had the install be faulty, IMHO it would have occured sooner.
If the OP had the same end results with the product he sells (and makes a living doing so) Would he be as forthcomming with his information then??

I was not implying his BC product were junk (I believe Philthy already implied that) I was simply "questioning his motives" for sharing this information, by giving an alternative example..
Old 05-05-2008, 09:24 AM
XKR

I know plenty of Sharif's customers personally and am 99% positive he would have fixed the car had it been a feasable option for pete to get it there....that is another issue ENTIRELY!!!!
Thats my point...and I am sure that if Sam or Julian was there instead of Scott...this would have been handled by forum members in a different way.

Why do you think its hard for a convict to get a job

Originally Posted by TurboTim
Add to the list calling customers behind shops backs trying to lure them into the "shed" to get a "tune" done and so forth and so on. Scott is just like Mr.A. They say the apple doesnt fall to far from the tree and ofcourse it holds very true.Glad they permabanned him
+1....As I said...tried and convicted.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:38 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by mdracer76
As for some of the nub's thinking miata's are slow, some of the fastest times I've been on track have been in my instructors Turbo miata, not my Z.
On any given weekend there are more miatas on track in the USA than 350z/g35's by a ration of 10 to 1. (hell.. prolly' 50 to 1) It's a proven platform, and its cheap to race.
Nubs??? Did you mean Noobs ??? I am sure if thats directed at me...no noob here

Is your Z FI ??? If not, I can understand why you would feel a Miata would feel fast. Yes I agree, the Miata's have been proven at Auto Cross and other Slow speed events....But a Miata matched up against a car that has 2 x the HP makes the Miata look out classed.... I do not only read this, I have proven it at many events. Have you ever seen a Bentley GT 640hp on slicks run down a Monster Miata?? A almost 6000lbs luxury car lapping a car thats the master of corners???

And like you said...the reason there are so many miata's at the track is because they are CHEAP and LITE.

Last edited by XKR; 05-05-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:45 AM
XKR

What I meant by my comment is that BC obviously was offended and surprised at Sharif's findings of the RA motor several months ago, and the resulting Drama that occured as a result.

After all, who would not have a sour taste in their mouth aftet that..And you of all people know about sour tases in your mouth you did work for AA...

So Brian or Pete or whoever his name is, being pissed off at Sharif, and given the obvious relationship with Scott, and RA, ect ect.,(All who would jump at the chance to smear Sharif's name all over the net,) makes one wonder at the motivation behind such a posting as what took place at the time attack event..

I will say this, several months went by since Sharif put the car together, who knows who touched it,and who tuned it since then...Not to mention how hard the car was pushed in the interm. Just playing devils advocate..

Things break, things go wrong..It is a highly modified race car correct? If one wanted reliability, then buy a new Honda Accord LS that gets 26mpg and leave it stock...

All I was saying is that the OP made such a big effort, for reasons unknown, to post how some fan wires failed on his car, several months after install. Had the install be faulty, IMHO it would have occured sooner.
If the OP had the same end results with the product he sells (and makes a living doing so) Would he be as forthcomming with his information then??

I was not implying his BC product were junk (I believe Philthy already implied that) I was simply "questioning his motives" for sharing this information, by giving an alternative example..
After reading this.......

I would like to nominate Julian for SUPER MOD You reading this Rome, Dave ..SUPER MOD !!!

I never looked at it that way.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:53 AM
NoahzBurnt

Noah, please do not **** on our backs and tell us its raining...
1-You work for a company, that WD's BC racing suspension..
2-That companies stickers are all over RA's, VRT's, And BC Racings's cars..

Lets not go down that route...You will be OWNED.
....And a million other people cause we help out the community and they help us out in return....and yes all companies involved sell my parts and I am unbiased regarding that....have u seen me posting in ANY manner that states MY opinion or one that has not been positive about any company???

sadly out of all this who's shop do I rep the most and send the most customer's too because i believe in your...err i mean their work?

To say i am unbiased after my involvement is actually quite fair.....
Old 05-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
After reading this.......

I would like to nominate Julian for SUPER MOD You reading this Rome, Dave ..SUPER MOD !!!

I never looked at it that way.
thank you sir, thank you...Im Also available for private bookings and Bahtmitzvahs..
Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

....And a million other people cause we help out the community and they help us out in return....and yes all companies involved sell my parts and I am unbiased regarding that....have u seen me posting in ANY manner that states MY opinion or one that has not been positive about any company???

sadly out of all this who's shop do I rep the most and send the most customer's too because i believe in your...err i mean their work?

To say i am unbiased after my involvement is actually quite fair.....
Your best bet, honestly, as a friend to a friend..Is to keep your opinion out of this topic as a whole..
Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 AM
NoahzBurnt

thank you sir, thank you...Im Also available for private bookings and Bahtmitzvahs..

u spelled it wrong....

Quick Reply: 1st Time attack with some dissappointments