Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

The Build BEGINS! Gamermodz/GReddy/S&R Z goes under the knife!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:36 AM
ace32x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GAMERMODZoCOM
Zspeed slave is perfect. It did require a modification for the Giken Triple that Zspeed is aware of now. It is the ideal replacement. White the Giken triple and quad in the HR is a very stiff clutch, it did help with pedal feel a ton. I popped 3 stock slaves prior and this thing is holding up beautifully!

The owner of ZSpeed actually sent me a text the other day checking to make sure it was still good. Guess I should text him back.. lol

neverenough:
No problem with the head gaskets. We wanted to unlock the phasers which required softer valve springs so we had to take the heads off anyway to change them out.
ya im running an os triple with my zspeed slave aswell we didnt have to modify anything for it to fit though . swapped to a triple from my twin when we put the stroker in.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:04 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by ace32x
ya im running an os triple with my zspeed slave aswell we didnt have to modify anything for it to fit though . swapped to a triple from my twin when we put the stroker in.
Did you get yours before or after I got mine? They had only heard of it being used on 1 triple before mine and there wasn't a problem but for some reason, my triple was a little different.

I don't know if it was because mine was one of the first triples Giken made for the HR or not. What was happening is the slave would compress all the way when the clutch was out but it was still putting some pressure on the fingers of the clutch thus not letting the clutch engage all the way. ZSpeed, at 12AM EST, worked with us taking new measurements so they could make a new sleeve to go over the slave that would fit.

I said it before, ZSpeed has amazing customer service.

Also, for anyone else reading this and concidering the HD Sleeve from ZSpeed for your VQ35HR. If they ask you if you want a new master cylinder, get it. If they don't ask you, ask them for it. For some reason, no matter how clean you think yours is, it's probably not clean enough and it will cause you problems. You will not know if you need to replace it until after the everything is back together and you find yourself bleeding the clutch for 3 hours or more.... Then you think you got it and you start driving down the road and your clutch pedal goes to the floor. (EDIT: If you think you can just get a master local if you need it, learn from my mistakes, it was a pain to find one locally and I am in Tampa, Florida. Order it with your ZSpeed HD Sleeve!)

The time you will spend (which cost money) ****ing around with trying to bleed it correctly is way more than a new master is. With a new master, we were able to bleed the clutch in 15minutes, maybe less.

This sleeve is a must for anyone with an HR!

Last edited by GAMERMODZoCOM; 12-29-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:46 AM
ace32x

Did you get yours before or after I got mine? They had only heard of it being used on 1 triple before mine and there wasn't a problem but for some reason, my triple was a little different.

I don't know if it was because mine was one of the first triples Giken made for the HR or not. What was happening is the slave would compress all the way when the clutch was out but it was still putting some pressure on the fingers of the clutch thus not letting the clutch engage all the way. ZSpeed, at 12AM EST, worked with us taking new measurements so they could make a new sleeve to go over the slave that would fit.

I said it before, ZSpeed has amazing customer service.

Also, for anyone else reading this and concidering the HD Sleeve from ZSpeed for your VQ35HR. If they ask you if you want a new master cylinder, get it. If they don't ask you, ask them for it. For some reason, no matter how clean you think yours is, it's probably not clean enough and it will cause you problems. You will not know if you need to replace it until after the everything is back together and you find yourself bleeding the clutch for 3 hours or more.... Then you think you got it and you start driving down the road and your clutch pedal goes to the floor. (EDIT: If you think you can just get a master local if you need it, learn from my mistakes, it was a pain to find one locally and I am in Tampa, Florida. Order it with your ZSpeed HD Sleeve!)

The time you will spend (which cost money) ****ing around with trying to bleed it correctly is way more than a new master is. With a new master, we were able to bleed the clutch in 15minutes, maybe less.

This sleeve is a must for anyone with an HR!
i got my triple after yours just picked it up in november. and i didnt get a new master cylinder either with mine and its working fine xD
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 AM
GAMERMODZoCOM

i got my triple after yours just picked it up in november. and i didnt get a new master cylinder either with mine and its working fine xD
We asked Giken if there was a revision after the first Triple/Quad was released and were told there wasn't. Kind of odd that mine was the only Triple that had an issue with the sleeve being too long. I also popped the stock slave 3 times in a few thousand miles. I personally think there was a revision Giken made after I got my triple.

I was told that it's not often that the master needs to be replaced but from a cost stand point to the standard customer, I would purchase the new master so you don't run in to an issue where the shop has to charge you for the hours it spent bleeding it if there is a problem.

A master is only like $100.00 or something and most shops charge $100.00/hr. With replacing the master your bleeding time is about 10-15min but if there is an issue, you could litterally, from experience, spend 3 hours bleeding it, think you got it, drive down the road and have the clutch hit the floor. Now it's back in the shop and either try it again, or order the new master.

At the least, I would order it with my slave, if it won't bleed quickly with the current master, you have the new one ready to install. If you don't end up needing it, send it back.

Maybe the problem is just my luck or lack of..
Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
ace32x

We asked Giken if there was a revision after the first Triple/Quad was released and were told there wasn't. Kind of odd that mine was the only Triple that had an issue with the sleeve being too long. I also popped the stock slave 3 times in a few thousand miles. I personally think there was a revision Giken made after I got my triple.

I was told that it's not often that the master needs to be replaced but from a cost stand point to the standard customer, I would purchase the new master so you don't run in to an issue where the shop has to charge you for the hours it spent bleeding it if there is a problem.

A master is only like $100.00 or something and most shops charge $100.00/hr. With replacing the master your bleeding time is about 10-15min but if there is an issue, you could litterally, from experience, spend 3 hours bleeding it, think you got it, drive down the road and have the clutch hit the floor. Now it's back in the shop and either try it again, or order the new master.

At the least, I would order it with my slave, if it won't bleed quickly with the current master, you have the new one ready to install. If you don't end up needing it, send it back.

Maybe the problem is just my luck or lack of..
yea looking at it at a cost stand point its definitely worth it to get a master with it. we gambled with mine haha
Old 01-09-2012, 11:38 AM
GAMERMODZoCOM

yea looking at it at a cost stand point its definitely worth it to get a master with it. we gambled with mine haha
Yeah, I gambled too, lol.

That's why I am stressing it so much. It may have not wasted my "money", but it wasted my time which is money to me.

How does your triple feel? Mine is so "on or off". I know the DE's feel great but even Giken says on the HR, it's much more agressive to drive. They said it's because of the internal slave as opposed to the external slave on the DE which uses "leverage" to engage/disenage the clutch thus making it softer and easier.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:51 AM
ace32x

Yeah, I gambled too, lol.

That's why I am stressing it so much. It may have not wasted my "money", but it wasted my time which is money to me.

How does your triple feel? Mine is so "on or off". I know the DE's feel great but even Giken says on the HR, it's much more agressive to drive. They said it's because of the internal slave as opposed to the external slave on the DE which uses "leverage" to engage/disenage the clutch thus making it softer and easier.
yep exactly the same lol, its on or off. stop and go with it is not fun xD. i have a triple carbonetics in my other boosted de z and it is easier to drive than the twin that was in my hr before XD
Old 01-09-2012, 11:56 AM
GAMERMODZoCOM

yep exactly the same lol, its on or off. stop and go with it is not fun xD. i have a triple carbonetics in my other boosted de z and it is easier to drive than the twin that was in my hr before XD
What valve springs and valves are you running on your HR?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
ace32x

What valve springs and valves are you running on your HR?
stock, Didn't end up doing cams just ported and polished the heads
Old 01-10-2012, 09:16 PM
08NismoZ

Hey Gamer I was wondering if you could help me out and talk to your contact with Greddy about my situation. I shipped my exhaust manifolds and those wastegate relocation pipes (part numbers 5,6,9, and 10) to Jet Hot to get thermal coated and FedEx managed to "lose" the box. They've been looking for it since Dec. 14th and told me that I should just file a claim now. The problem with filing a claim is that I need an invoice from a company saying how much it will cost to purchase these parts from Greddy. I've contacted a couple of people about trying to get these parts and they just never bothered to get back with me. I'm almost to the point of just seeing if I can buy GTM manifolds and making an adapter plate to go from the rectangle Garret style mount to a triangle Mitsubishi style mount. My only fear from that is if moves the driver side down pipe down to far and interferes with the steering shaft.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:43 PM
ace32x

Originally Posted by 08NismoZ
Hey Gamer I was wondering if you could help me out and talk to your contact with Greddy about my situation. I shipped my exhaust manifolds and those wastegate relocation pipes (part numbers 5,6,9, and 10) to Jet Hot to get thermal coated and FedEx managed to "lose" the box. They've been looking for it since Dec. 14th and told me that I should just file a claim now. The problem with filing a claim is that I need an invoice from a company saying how much it will cost to purchase these parts from Greddy. I've contacted a couple of people about trying to get these parts and they just never bothered to get back with me. I'm almost to the point of just seeing if I can buy GTM manifolds and making an adapter plate to go from the rectangle Garret style mount to a triangle Mitsubishi style mount. My only fear from that is if moves the driver side down pipe down to far and interferes with the steering shaft.
thats a shitty predicament sorry to hear that happened
Old 01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
08NismoZ

thats a shitty predicament sorry to hear that happened
Yeah I remember you getting yours all done and I was getting all excited to start putting all my parts together and then this happened. People aren't calling me back and maybe i'm just being impatient but I don't see why a big named company like Greddy wouldn't offer product support for something they have MSRP at $10,500 now. I'm so pissed at all this over the last month that i've decided to wash my hands of this car and sell everything off. Maybe shops and companies will take my money more seriously if it was going into a Porsche or F360
Old 01-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ give us a call or links to the schematics and what parts you need. I will be able to at least get you an invoice with parts numbers... I cant guarantee how long it will take however.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:12 PM
08NismoZ

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
^^^ give us a call or links to the schematics and what parts you need. I will be able to at least get you an invoice with parts numbers... I cant guarantee how long it will take however.
Thanks for the help and maybe you can have better luck than me. Here's the link to the Greddy 20G tuner kit install instructions. If you scroll down to page 6 they have pictures of the parts list. The box I sent through FedEx contained part numbers 5,6,9, and 10.

http://greddy.com/upload/file/07-350Z_TK_20Gs01.pdf
Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
IslandZavage

Hows this car holding up? Been awhile since an update......
Old 04-23-2012, 06:37 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
Hows this car holding up? Been awhile since an update......
Car is good! Just got back from there actually. We spent the weekend un-phase locking the cams so now we should get in to boost quite a bit sooner. Now just have to get it retuned!

We are planning on swapping out the Greddy kit for S&R's single turbo kit in the near future so the current Greddy kit will be up for sale!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hows all the racing going?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:49 AM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by str8dum1
hows all the racing going?
We have been working out coolant temp issues which we finally got resolved this weekend and now we still have to figure out the fuel issue. The fuel pump doesn't seem to want to hold the base pressure when in low speed mode meaning there is some restriction with the feed or return line.

Until that issue is fixed, we can't get it out for test and tune. Last thing we want is a lean condition.

Other than that, all that is left is the cage.

I have about had it with the fuel issue and am ready to rip out the entire fuel system and re-do it.. Neither us nor aeromotive can see any issues with the lines, the route the lines take or the fittings. The only thing that hasn't been changed is the fuel rails and the fittings on the return side of the rails..
Old 04-24-2012, 10:53 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

GL with that.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:26 AM
08NismoZ

I forget are you using a twin pump hanger or a fuel surge can and then feeding the motor?

Quick Reply: The Build BEGINS! Gamermodz/GReddy/S&R Z goes under the knife!