Notices
South Central Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama

Best driving roads in SE Louisiana?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:02 PM
scardeal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best driving roads in SE Louisiana?

My personal favorite stretch is River Road on the east bank between La Place and Norco (between NO and BR). It's only a 10-15 minute run, but they've actually got a number of nice curves, especially descending into the spillway.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:28 PM
lzaffuto

Hwy 22 between Port Vincent and Springfield has some really nice curves following the river.

It's not located in the southeast, but my most favorite LA ride has to be Hwy 61 north through St. Francisville, left at LA 66 / Tunica Trace towards Angola, then veer right on 969 towards Woodville Mississippi. There are some *wicked* curves, switchbacks and even hills(!) on 969. Once you get to Woodville, just follow Hwy 61 back south to I110.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:45 PM
HurricaneZ33

River road from Norco through BR is cool.

Izafutto- I went that way I think when I had to go to Woodville last June, it was a pretty fun ride in my Subie.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:00 PM
kramykram

lol i like driving down i-10 coming out of slidell into no, people drive like crazy going thru there. taxi drivers cops and people who just can't drive. creates a nice little challenge during rush hour
Old 04-08-2007, 07:32 PM
soleil
NolaZcc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like driving uptown around all those potholes...j/k
Old 04-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Jason333
hi

Sligo road and Jones Von Creek in St Francisville may be the best we have if you are looking for crooked roads.

Last edited by Jason333; 04-13-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:41 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Jason, you're still around? I thought you got rid of the Z a long time ago. I haven't seen you posting in a while either.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think anything acctually paved would be a bonus
Old 04-14-2007, 05:57 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

There is one fairly nice road in the BTR area - Manchac Road. It runs between Old Perkins and Nicholson. It's a small blacktop 2lane with lots of curves, turns and wiggles that runs through the swamp. Not a lot of people back there, especially at night.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=13...,0.097847&om=1

If you take it all the way through Bayou Paul Lane to Nicholson then cross and continue to River Road, take a right and go about 1/2 mile and there a great little restaurant there - Roberto's River Road.

Now that you're on River Road, you can head south toward Geismar. River Road is smooth and in pretty good shape so you can hit some higher speeds. You can also attack this from the other direction. Take I-10 down to Hwy 44, exit and head toward the river (right). It eventually ends at Burnside so take a right and head north to BTR. It's about a 50 mile drive back to BTR on a fairly open road with sweeping turns long straights and relatively little traffic.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:07 AM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
There is one fairly nice road in the BTR area - Manchac Road. It runs between Old Perkins and Nicholson. It's a small blacktop 2lane with lots of curves, turns and wiggles that runs through the swamp. Not a lot of people back there, especially at night.

If you take it all the way through Bayou Paul Lane to Nicholson then cross and continue to River Road, take a right and go about 1/2 mile and there a great little restaurant there - Roberto's River Road.

Now that you're on River Road, you can head south toward Geismar. River Road is smooth and in pretty good shape so you can hit some higher speeds. You can also attack this from the other direction. Take I-10 down to Hwy 44, exit and head toward the river (right). It eventually ends at Burnside so take a right and head north to BTR. It's about a 50 mile drive back to BTR on a fairly open road with sweeping turns long straights and relatively little traffic.
I think i know which one you are talking about. If it is then that road is viscious
Old 04-14-2007, 07:38 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Yes it is somewhat scary. There are no shoulders on either side for most of the way, just swamp or bayous. It's been over a year since I've been through there but it was not long after they black-topped it so it was a really nice road at the time, except for one section right where it starts that is still a shell/gravel road.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Jason333
hi

Jason, you're still around? I thought you got rid of the Z a long time ago. I haven't seen you posting in a while either.
Yeah still peaking in from time to time. About to build another Z. Trying to decide who, what, and where to do it.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:21 PM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by jason333
Yeah still peaking in from time to time. About to build another Z. Trying to decide who, what, and where to do it.

what's up jason,
not sure if you remeber me or not. I had the black supercharged maxima and met you at airline auto. I picked up a Z a few months ago. I got tired of drooling at your car all the time
Old 04-20-2007, 03:43 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

I thought you had moved on to something bigger and better. Glad to see you're thinking about another Z.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:46 AM
blasian

Jason, send me a PM or IM me on AIM and I can tell you where that Z is

I'm trying to get him another Z! Especially since I never got to ride in the his old Z!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:48 AM
blasian

I work in Geismar and when I need a quick pick me up I'll take River Road to my house. I love that road, its a lot smoother than River Road going further down near LSU.

Wow, Manchac is pretty close to where I live sorta.

Last edited by blasian; 04-20-2007 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Jason333
hi

Originally Posted by chris'smax
what's up jason,
not sure if you remeber me or not. I had the black supercharged maxima and met you at airline auto. I picked up a Z a few months ago. I got tired of drooling at your car all the time
Hey man i was trying to remember what rims you had on that car a few days ago. Is the Z FI'd?
I wisah Loc was willing to build a Z motor, i really liked doing business with them.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Jason333
hi

I thought you had moved on to something bigger and better. Glad to see you're thinking about another Z.
Did i say that? I hope not
I have a bike and a truck. Now that the truck is paid off, I want to build another Z and sell the bike. I wish i had kept the old one and just built the motor. Live and learn i suppose?
Old 04-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Jason333
hi

BTW here is a map of the roads i was talking about
Sligo
google :Sligo Rd
St Francisville, LA 70775

Jones Vaughn Creek: bleh google map links suck. just google: Jones Vaughn Creek Rd
St Francisville, LA 70775

If i ever get my car going I'll be happy to run up there anytime. Also if you pull the map along 61, go through Woodvile and look for 563. The first part is really fun and freshly paved. I usually hit them on Sunday mornings on the bike when there is no travel. You can make a loop out of those 3 roads.

/post *****
Old 04-21-2007, 05:21 PM
chris'smax

Hey man i was trying to remember what rims you had on that car a few days ago. Is the Z FI'd?
I wisah Loc was willing to build a Z motor, i really liked doing business with them.
Yea he is a great guy. He tries to act like a hard *** but he really is a cupcake . We were talking the other day about what approach we would take with my setup and he told me that at the end of the day the SGP built bottom end is the best alternative out there. He said for the price they offer it at he wouldn't even be able to beat it even with him hooking me up.

Nah no FI yet. I am going to get the Greddy TT kit as soon as i get situated with my job this summer after i graduate. So for now it is just bolt ons

The rims are Volk GT-N's. I have them on the Z now. I think they are out of production now though. Here is a pic:

Last edited by chris'smax; 04-21-2007 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Best driving roads in SE Louisiana?