Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

atl DYNO?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 08:54 AM
blunted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default atl DYNO?

Im looking to dyno my Z before i start putting on the parts i have been accumlating. Anyone in Hotlanta know of a good dyno place? Maybe we could do a dyno day?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Rogue350z
!!HR TT!!

Z1motorsports.com
balancedperformance.com

They have experience with our cars and if you ever need mods installed you can get that done as well.

Jeremy
Old 06-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Peking

Originally Posted by LeMans350z
Z1motorsports.com
balancedperformance.com

They have experience with our cars and if you ever need mods installed you can get that done as well.

Jeremy
Knowledge Performance

Click Me!

They use Dyno Packs, also Z1 is a nice shop but many folks stated the last time I was there that the dyno readings were much lower then previous dyno results elsewhere. Oh and many folks I have encountered were not pleased with trips to Balanced.

Though keep in mind that this is a general statement so your experience can be much different.

Knowledge Performance is the only place I continue to hear good things about consistantly and I prefer a Dyno Pack readings to Butt, Mustang dyno's.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:54 AM
blunted

Thanks for the info guys. I am going to Knowledge Performance for my base line run on sat the 25.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:53 AM
tonio

Originally Posted by Peking
Knowledge Performance

Click Me!

They use Dyno Packs, also Z1 is a nice shop but many folks stated the last time I was there that the dyno readings were much lower then previous dyno results elsewhere. Oh and many folks I have encountered were not pleased with trips to Balanced.

Though keep in mind that this is a general statement so your experience can be much different.

Knowledge Performance is the only place I continue to hear good things about consistantly and I prefer a Dyno Pack readings to Butt, Mustang dyno's.

Wow thats harsh, I know you're entitled to your opinion but all of my dyno's at Z1 have been right on. 300Z's, 350Z's, G35's, its what they do and that is all they do.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:30 PM
2003z

Tony, I don't think that is harsh. At their car show/dyno day, Rick, Jeremy, Me and DeWayne all dyno'd much lower than at balanced, and much lower than normal. DeWayne actually dyno'd lower than stock with several mods, IIRC. Not to mention at the next dyno day, they did Mark's car with the ebrake on and cracked his rotor.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:59 AM
tonio

damn the rotor actually cracked? now I didnt know that.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by 2003z
Tony, I don't think that is harsh. At their car show/dyno day, Rick, Jeremy, Me and DeWayne all dyno'd much lower than at balanced, and much lower than normal. DeWayne actually dyno'd lower than stock with several mods, IIRC. Not to mention at the next dyno day, they did Mark's car with the ebrake on and cracked his rotor.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be harsh... But just sharing what I saw and have heard... Kinda like food for though kind of stuff

And not just you guys, my friend with the silver Civic SI (hatchback that is superchared) dyno'd almost 20 WHP lower than the month before at Battleground or was it Mainstream (sorry I get shops confused).

And they couldn't even dyno my other friend's turbocharged RSX, and I think that was all the same day right? Oh and also that dude almost drove the civic off the roller at a high rate of speed.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Lorca@Z1

Originally Posted by 2003z
The e-brake lever was down, it just didnt disengage. How that was Z1's fault I'm not sure.

Some cars actually do make less power than stock with bolt on NA mods, sorry but its true. My 350 dynoed at 242/240, bone stock, airbox and all. If you think that is low then you might be overly optimistic about your expectations.

Finally, since dyno numbers vary depending on the conditions, there really is no way to compare numbers from one day to the next, let alone one dyno to the next.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:47 PM
backagain

Originally Posted by Lorca@Z1
The e-brake lever was down, it just didnt disengage. How that was Z1's fault I'm not sure.
agree with lorca with this one, the ebrake was down, even the owner of the car was in the passenger seat reading his laptop. btw, whatever happened with this situation ? did the owner of the car get upset ? or seek reembursement in any way ? (eventhough it wasn't z1's fault)
Old 06-17-2005, 05:20 PM
2003z

Originally Posted by Lorca@Z1
The e-brake lever was down, it just didnt disengage. How that was Z1's fault I'm not sure. .
Your dyno guy didn't put the strap over the ebrake cable, thus engaging it?