South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Clear and Smoked Headlight diffusers

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 04:32 AM
donricouga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear and Smoked Headlight diffusers

http://www.ricks2k.com/products/350zdiffusers.php

Has anyone near the Atlanta area open their headlights, possible to clear them? I want to install these strips but i am worried i'll **** up my headlights up if I do.
I'd like to do a local group install if possible.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Bran_BranZ33

Originally Posted by donricouga
http://www.ricks2k.com/products/350zdiffusers.php

Has anyone near the Atlanta area open their headlights, possible to clear them? I want to install these strips but i am worried i'll **** up my headlights up if I do.
I'd like to do a local group install if possible.

Thanks in advance

+1
Old 08-12-2005, 09:07 PM
KShep

If you can't find anyone locally, and can do without the car for a few days, I suggest shipping the assemblies to MrZipps or another qualified member on the forums...there are several who can do it. Fees range from $100-$150.

The tricky part is not getting them open, but making sure that they are resealed properly so no nasty stuff gets in the assembly when you're finished.

Good luck with the project.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:14 PM
pgh2atl

Yeah, I've open up mine to smoke out the amber strip. Opening was easy. Re-seal wasn't as easy, but I rushed it & wish I would have put a second layer of adhesive on them. Good news is that I only get some condensation when I wash the car. Doesn't happen every time, but once in a while it does.

I'd recommend using a heat gun to open them. Something watching them bake in an oven gives me the *******!
Old 08-18-2005, 03:22 PM
donricouga

pgh2atl, if a couple of us would want to do this, would you be able to give us some pointers/help in person. I can always pay you or perhaps a free lunch
Old 08-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Mr Zipps

Thanks KShep.

Let me know if you guys need any help. Turnaround is very quick. The day I receive the headlights I customize them and mail them out the next day. The headlights are guaranteed to completely sealed or I will redo them for free.

Cleared - $150 + shipping
Cleared and Painted - $200 + shipping
Cleared and OEM Paint (custom match car ) - $275 + shipping
If you are interested in any kinds of modifications let me know.

AIM - HeadlightMaster
Email - Mr_Zipps@yahoo.com
Old 08-23-2005, 07:43 AM
pgh2atl

donricouga,

I'd would be willing to help if a group wants to get together to do this. I can always provide detailed instructions if need be as well. Have to give the disclaimer that I can't take responsibility if something goes wrong, but I didn't have any trouble getting mine open. Just took some patience & a steady hand!

I may need to open mine back up soon as I realized I should have cleaned the interior of the lens before closing them back up. I have some fogging (there before I opened them) that I should have taken care of previously.

PM me if you get a group together to do this. All we need is some some supplies & an electrical outlet.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:34 AM
donricouga

Originally Posted by pgh2atl
donricouga,

I'd would be willing to help if a group wants to get together to do this. I can always provide detailed instructions if need be as well. Have to give the disclaimer that I can't take responsibility if something goes wrong, but I didn't have any trouble getting mine open. Just took some patience & a steady hand!

I may need to open mine back up soon as I realized I should have cleaned the interior of the lens before closing them back up. I have some fogging (there before I opened them) that I should have taken care of previously.

PM me if you get a group together to do this. All we need is some some supplies & an electrical outlet.
Sounds good man. I'll start another thread seeing if anyone is interested. If you open yours up again, we can try to do it at the same time.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....19#post1653119
to sign up !

Last edited by donricouga; 08-23-2005 at 09:50 AM.