Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

NASA HPDE Track Day - Rockingham, NC Oct 22-23

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 06:08 PM
TrackHoRX8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NASA HPDE Track Day - Rockingham, NC Oct 22-23

NASA's next High Performance Driver's Education in Rockingham, NC.

Register online. I've done several of these in Road Atlanta and Roebling Road. It's a great way to learn a heck of a lot and test your skill/car. I've both worked and participated in these events.

Let me know if you all have any questions. I'd love to see some of you guys out there.

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2005Oct22/event.shtml

This is what their road course looks like:

http://specmiatavideos.com/Race%20Vi..._nasa_6_05.wmv

Last edited by TrackHoRX8; 09-29-2005 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:21 PM
TrackHoRX8

Anyone interested?
Old 10-05-2005, 10:25 PM
jun14scr

may come down. depends on what school wants from me. whens the last day to register?
Old 10-06-2005, 04:46 AM
TrackHoRX8

You can register online the week of if needed. You can always also email Julie (her contact info is on the site) to get in. If you have an instructor preference, also let her know. I usually ask for an HPDE 3 or 4 person rather than a racer. Sometimes the racers are more interested in their race than teaching students. The HPDE 3/4 folks are very experienced people who are there to have a good time on the track and aren't competing for anything.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:28 AM
Stack

How 'bout running with the Z Club down there? Nov 5-6

Register online HERE
Old 10-07-2005, 07:37 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep... given the options, you should run with Z event. They are well organized events and you get a lot of drive time.

Same course, but cheaper to register. Also, I'd be a bit concerned the NASA event doesn't have any schedule information. With all the racing going on as well, i wonder how much actual track time the HPDE attendees get. I know at the TZC/THSCC events you get 6 - 30 minutes sessions.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:17 AM
TrackHoRX8

I'd love to drive with the Z group. Let me know the details please. There is a PDF schedule that will be out on the site. It should be similar to the Roebling Road event on their SE page. The only difference is that there is an enduro race in the morning on Sunday and that means that the HPDE's on Sunday will be all afternoon.

Let me know what I do to sign up. I'll run with the Z club. I've got a set of R compounds I'd like to take to that track.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:23 AM
TrackHoRX8

I just checked out the site and I'd love to do it. Wish I knew about it eariler and I would have done RR in June. I'm sure it was hot as hell there though.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Stack

Originally Posted by TrackHoRX8
I just checked out the site and I'd love to do it. Wish I knew about it eariler and I would have done RR in June. I'm sure it was hot as hell there though.
It was pretty darn hot... although we ended up having to cut the time trial short on sunday due to an afternoon thunderstorm that dumped a bunch of rain. We have access to the media rooms, which are air conditioned, so people could take refuge there.

We certainly would love to have you join us... all our details, forms, and rules/regs can be found at www.timetrials.net

If you did the NASA event at Road Atlanta a few months ago, you probably saw a couple of our fellow regulars... Roddy Sugg (light blue VERY fast 280z) and Mark Ulrich (bright yellow 240z).

I usually try to keep a thread about our event in the Racing/Autocross section as well
Old 10-18-2005, 04:15 AM
TrackHoRX8

The schedule for those interested. I'll be there, but working the event.

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2005Oct22/sched.pdf
Old 10-18-2005, 10:40 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, and there was some rain one afternoon, but it was still a lot of fun... and I didn't even drive that one. I just spectated! Triangle Z & THSCC really do put on a great event. I just wish I could get things sorted out for another one. Looks like my next track event may be VIR in February, tho.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:29 PM
TrackHoRX8

Originally Posted by mcduck
Yes, and there was some rain one afternoon, but it was still a lot of fun... and I didn't even drive that one. I just spectated! Triangle Z & THSCC really do put on a great event. I just wish I could get things sorted out for another one. Looks like my next track event may be VIR in February, tho.

Any thought about having the THSCC do Road Atlanta? I love that course!
Old 10-19-2005, 04:14 AM
Stack

Any thought about having the THSCC do Road Atlanta? I love that course!
There are a couple reasons we haven't pursued an event there...

1) Available dates

2) umm... available dates?

The chances of us aquiring a weekend date there are less than slim-to-none... and frankly, the 6+ hours to get there (for our core members) pretty much takes away any feasability of doing a weekday event.

We like to think of ourselves as the little club that can... but lets face it, we still get bullied around by the national exposure profit-driven clubs and organizations like SCCA,NASA,PCA,BMWCCA, etc. I don't forsee ZCCA ever getting to that level in terms of motorsports organization and participation... its very much a show-oriented group, unlike BMW and Porsche that are decidedly motorsports/performance oriented... but unfortunately thats what it takes to get a weekend event anywhere that thinks of themselves as a premiere track. The only reason we have the VIR dates that we have is that they are off-season and we got our foot in the door early on when it was being re-built... that and the fact that we have a really good working relationship with the management and ownership.

Anyway... if there is anyone out there with a foot in the door that would like to entertain the idea of co-hosting something, by all means let me know.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:35 AM
vipv35

how much would the hpde course cost for oct22.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:32 PM
TrackHoRX8

It's 299 for the 2 days. That's 2 days of having your own instructor, track sessions with the instructor, and in-class instruction. I learned a heck of a lot!
Old 10-19-2005, 05:39 PM
TrackHoRX8

Originally Posted by Stack
There are a couple reasons we haven't pursued an event there...

1) Available dates

2) umm... available dates?

The chances of us aquiring a weekend date there are less than slim-to-none... and frankly, the 6+ hours to get there (for our core members) pretty much takes away any feasability of doing a weekday event.

We like to think of ourselves as the little club that can... but lets face it, we still get bullied around by the national exposure profit-driven clubs and organizations like SCCA,NASA,PCA,BMWCCA, etc. I don't forsee ZCCA ever getting to that level in terms of motorsports organization and participation... its very much a show-oriented group, unlike BMW and Porsche that are decidedly motorsports/performance oriented... but unfortunately thats what it takes to get a weekend event anywhere that thinks of themselves as a premiere track. The only reason we have the VIR dates that we have is that they are off-season and we got our foot in the door early on when it was being re-built... that and the fact that we have a really good working relationship with the management and ownership.

Anyway... if there is anyone out there with a foot in the door that would like to entertain the idea of co-hosting something, by all means let me know.

I understand. I'll keep an eye out. I've got several road racing and instructing buddies and I'll see what they can help with. I've also heard that Carolina Motorsports Park is a great place. I haven't been there, but have heard some great things about it. It's in Kershaw, SC. I know someone who has set things up there. He's an instructor and lives in Charlotte. I'll talk to him if you want.