South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

Performance Plus; Fayetteville, NC

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:56 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Performance Plus; Fayetteville, NC

Ok, long story, short (as possible)...

I've been a loyal customer of Performance Plus, in Fayetteville, NC since about 2001. They know me, they know my family, and they know every car my family has ever known... Always been straight-up with us as far as repairs and things go, and they always give us a great deal and did great work.

Ok, jump to yesterday.

Went in, for an oil change... Hadn't been there in a while, but the business owner's wife greeted me. She remembered me, so we talked for a few minutes. Told her I needed an oil change, so she said she'll get it taken care of. Ok, all good.

Ok, I'm waiting in the lobby. 30 minutes later, they're done, the car is back out front. I'm paying, came out to be $21 and some change. Cool. No problem.

Business owner's wife comes up and says her husband (who also knows me and my family) recommends that I change my oil every 2500, as opposed to 3000 because "it'll keep my supercharger clean." "You don't want anything to get caught up in your lines." WTF!? Does she think I'm stupid? I don't have a supercharger...

My Z is almost COMPLETELY stock. I have a Fujita SRI and a Weapon-R ETD under the hood, and THAT'S IT.

Where's the supercharger?
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p49/dmroberson/Photo0007_001.jpg

I guess I won't be going back there anymore. Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Last edited by dmroberson; 11-01-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:08 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so your not going back there because you think they are trying to rip you off? I think they just thought you had a supercharger. Just tell them yu don't.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Billhyco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would have to have a little fun with it first. ask her to show you the s/c so you know what your looking for. she may assume the car is s/c oem, but doubtful.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:42 AM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
so your not going back there because you think they are trying to rip you off? I think they just thought you had a supercharger. Just tell them yu don't.
I did, and she said "I saw the lines, so I know it's there..." We went back and forth about it, and I asked her to show it to me, and she said that "Customers are not allowed in the Service area..." Funny, because she and her husband used to let me go back there, all the time.

I've gone through something similar to this with them before. When I first got the Z, I took it to them, to ask how much it'd cost to have LSD put in, and they said I'm not adding an LSD, I'm adding Posi-traction.

Last edited by dmroberson; 11-01-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:53 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dmroberson
I did, and she said "I saw the lines, so I know it's there..." We went back and forth about it, and I asked her to show it to me, and she said that "Customers are not allowed in the Service area..." Funny, because she and her husband used to let me go back there, all the time.

I've gone through something similar to this with them before. When I first got the Z, I took it to them, to ask how much it'd cost to have LSD put in, and they said I'm not adding an LSD, I'm adding Posi-traction.
so basically they dont' know what they are talking about. That's pretty bad.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:55 AM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
so basically they dont' know what they are talking about. That's pretty bad.
yeah, considering they've worked on my my last 2 cars, my dad's last 2 cars, and my brother's last 2, and they've done exceptional work on all of them, at least that's what I thought. Didn't seemed to have problems with the cars after they were done with them. Maybe once in a while, we'd have an issue here or there.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:43 PM
nathanwl2004

you live in durham but you drive to fayetteville to get your car worked on?

isn't performance plus that place on Skibo Rd?

I drive away from fayetteville to get my car worked on. there's not a person in fayetteville that I trust to even touch my car.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:54 PM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by nathanwl2004

I drive away from fayetteville to get my car worked on. there's not a person in fayetteville that I trust to even touch my car.
There is nothing good on Skibo road, especially a car place lmao. I kinda miss Fayetteville at times lol.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:11 PM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by nathanwl2004

No, I don't just drive down to Fayetteville to get the car worked on. My family lives there, so I go visit all the time. Yes, Performance Plus is the place on Skibo, next to Lee Hyundai.

Originally Posted by jumpin800agl
There is nothing good on Skibo road, especially a car place lmao. I kinda miss Fayetteville at times lol.
+1. I don't really miss it, because I always go down there, but you're right, there's nothing good on Skibo.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Partyboy25

Did you mount your S/C in the trunk? Thats were I keep mine! No one sees it then!
Old 11-02-2007, 09:43 AM
dmroberson

Originally Posted by Partyboy25
Did you mount your S/C in the trunk? Thats were I keep mine! No one sees it then!
Old 11-02-2007, 02:40 PM
TSG-Z

+1, this place is full of 3rd rate work! I never let them touch anything, not even my beater!