Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Any recommendation of Denver area Nissan dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 05:28 PM
1nate7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any recommendation of Denver area Nissan dealers?

My brother is 99% sure he wants to buy a Z. I will be visiting him over Memorial Day and we thought we would cruise over to Denver and see if we can find him a car while I am out there. Anybody have a positive or negative dealer experience they would care to share? He is looking for either a DB or SB enthusiast model. Also, anyone know what kind of deals people are getting right now? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:48 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

I purchased my Z through Elway South, but have it currently serviced through Tynan's in Aurora. Had positive experiences at both, but wonder why you're looking to fight the dealer. Why not look at a good, used DB or SB enthusiast model and SAVE a HUGE amount off MSRP? Just my take on what I'd be doing if I were starting over...
Old 04-06-2004, 11:58 AM
C5DEMON

I got a really good deal from Elway South. They were patient, kind, and kept me up to date on everything. Most banks will not finance after market parts on a car, so it took a week for my papers to go through. They not only let me have the car for that week, but they went ahead and installed my Nismo wheels and Nismo exhaust. Great group of guys. I worked with Matt, the Sales Manager.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:07 PM
LegendaryZ

I bought my car at Peak Nissan in Lakewood (Wadsworth and Bellview). I bought the floor model, it came with full body kit, aftermarket rims, stillen exhaust and cold air intake. I was in and out of there in less than two hours, and got a great price on it. Everyone there is extremely friendly. Aaron Moore is the sales manager there, he's a great guy and has worked with me on all kinds of aftermarket stuff; they also gave me a lot of free stuff when I bought the car (car cover, a z jacket, clear bra, etc.) As far as salesmen I would recommend Andy, he's awesome. I would also recommend Tynans in Aurora, they are the official sponsor of the Colorado Z club. I've worked alot with their service department on after market mods. But as already mentioned going used is not a bad idea, especially if you plan on doing any aftermarket. Hope that helps...
Old 04-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Bottom

I got mine at Peak on Wadsworth and I didn't get all that free stuff. My Dealer was named Burak, he was from Turkey and had an Aeronautical Engineering Degree from DU. Not a pushy dealer. I was also out of the dealership in a short amount of time, but I don't like to hagel of the price of the car. I got it right around the MSRP, they kept telling me that because of the demand they really can't work with that cost, I know now that's BS. I kind of screwed them on my trade in and title, I think my old car is still there (Black CL-s) after 8 months.

Legendary Z, I remember seeing the car you bought there. It was really nice, sounds like it's a lot nice now.

David
Old 04-07-2004, 05:25 PM
zz-notop

I got my Roadster at Empire. I've heard some bad stories about them, but they've treated me well for 20+ years. They have a good supply of Coupes and Roadsters on the lot now. I don't know what their pricing is but I got my Z at MSRP when some others were adding a premium to the deal.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:05 PM
1nate7

Thanks for all your input everyone. Denver is about 3 hours away from where he lives so I wanted to get a list of as many dealers as possible we can check out. Are Z's still going for MSRP? It seems like there would be some decent discounts now that the Z has been out for a while, especially if they have plenty on their lots. I am starting to get excited, I love shopping for new cars even if won't be mine. I am pretty sure he wants a new car but thanks for your thoughts and help.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:01 AM
alexj74

Just a quick advice- Dealers will lower their prices when they are not selling their quoted amount of cars daily. I bought mine on a thursday and it was clear that they had not sold a car all day. The reason why I telling you this is because the dealer sold me an 03 enthusiast below MSRP and was willing to give me $1000 less than sticker price on my trade in. (Mazda6s which I has bought seven months earlier). Try to purchase your car on a slow day. (rainy day in the middle of the week when no one wants to go shopping for a car). If dealers don't meet their quotas, they lose money and would not mind lowering their prices in order to break even.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:23 AM
Cyclemut

I work at Tynan's, and if you need some help with locating a particular car with particular options, let me know. I can locate a car with the options that you (or your brother) want, and let you know which dealer(s) have it, even if it's not us. Then you can cut your search time in half, or out all together. You could go directly to that dealer, and know it's there.

Just a suggestion. No charge, just helping out a car guy.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:06 AM
LegendaryZ

You work at Tynans? What do you do there? What is your name? Did you see the black Z that was there for like 2 1/2 weeks? Just wondering if I've met you before?

Chris E.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Cyclemut

My name is Allen ***.

I saw your Z. I'm a Technician there as well. I saw you and your friend when you picked her up. Again when you came by and let Mike Stefancik know about your dyno #'s. Very impressive!

We have another guy now that wants to Supercharge his Z as well. I haven't seen him in a bit, but he seems pretty serious.

I didn't meet you in person, but I know the car (saw you while I was working on other cars).

I also work on several folks' Z's from here as well.

The guy who worked on your car is our Shop Foreman. Very good mechanic.

You should come to our car club meetings. I'm President of a local Nissan and Infiniti car club. A lot of guys would love to your car.

We're also going to Bandimere on May 19th, if you're inerested.
Old 05-02-2004, 12:16 PM
LegendaryZ

Yeah that be great I'd like to come to your meetings, and I'm definately interested in Bandimere. When and where do you guys meet? The guy who worked on my Z, Mike is that is name? Well he did a great job I am very happy with the work and am very happy with my Z, its awesome. Anyhow I look forward to meeting you Allen.

Chris
Old 05-02-2004, 12:27 PM
1nate7

UPDATE:

He decided that he wanted to get the Z right away so he went with the local dealership in Glenwood Springs and had it shipped in. He ended up with a DB performance model. Anyway, thanks for your help everybody and for the offer Cyclemut.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Cyclemut

Ah, I used to work at Red Mountain Nissan in Glenwood. I grew up in Glenwood Springs.

Glad to hear that he found what he wanted.

Chris, here's the thread on the meeting, if you want to come. We'll be discussing the Bandimere meet, the preliminary run up Pikes Peak to find a spot to watch the hill climb, and then about the day for the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. You're more than welcome to come on in. Besides that, Dave and Busters is a kick anyway.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=72982
Old 05-02-2004, 09:00 PM
1nate7

Wow, small world. We are from Carbondale and he still lives there. He said everyone at Red Mountain was really checking out his car because apparantly its the first one they have sold. Seems hard to believe but it is a small town and there isn't a lot of demand for 2 seat RWD sports cars in that area.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Cyclemut

We used to go to downtown 'Bonedale' and eat pizza. It used to be a nice little town. Now, well, everything there is growing.

My Father drives for RFTA, usually making the Aspen to Glenwood run, but sometimes makes the Glenwood to Rifle run. I still go back for the RFTA Christmas parties at Buffalo Valley.

Small world indeed.
Old 05-12-2004, 06:01 AM
funkymonkey1111

I live in Denver, but bought my 350 in Minnesota, so I was faced with the task of selecting a Denver dealer for service. I went with Tynan's in Aurora, and report a very positive experience there (just for the first oil change). I was in and out in less than 30 minutes, and everyone I interacted with was very pleasant.