Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

anyone been to power nissan in torrance?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:31 PM
mikewagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone been to power nissan in torrance?

hey everyone, im going in there for service on thurs, just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. i will be getting a routine oil change and having the tsb done for my windows, and also to have them check my ses light that has come on twice now. and a few other things. just wondering if anyone has been there and any experiences. thanks!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:16 AM
TOM JONES

make sure you see brett, he will take care of you and your car
Old 07-06-2005, 06:09 AM
Bertg

I've been there a couple of times for oil changes, but I wasn't impressed by their service. I now go to Gardena Nissan for service.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:25 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hate Gardena Nissan. They are the WORST!!! (sorry bertg).

Power Nissan in Torrance is where I bought my Z and Altima from. Their Sales force is cool but not sure about service. I take my Altima there but not my Z. I took my Z in a couple of times and the guy that was driving my car into the service bay stalled my Z a couple of times. (Not pretty). Lost a couple of bolts here and there... Also, when I went there to ask about Z problems and they do not seem to be knowledgeable enough about any of the Z problems. In other words, they are not the first ones to find out (by ways of researching) about TSB issues and others. But if you must go to Torrance Nissan, talk to Brett. He seems to be the most "sincere" guy there.

On the other hand, Performance Nissan is great b/c we have the back up of Jeff, Jennie and Jason... and others. They will make sure you are treated rite. And yes, I go to Perf. Nissan for even my oil change. I live in South Bay.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Bertg

SHO, did you have a bad experience at Gardena Nissan?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:59 AM
GWAPITO69

I was taking my car to superior nissan before but after I installed my front lip they refuse to do some minor maintenance on my car. Now I always take my car to performance nissan. they doo a pretty good job on my car they even did a oil consumption test on it. Great service peeps.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Street Visionz, Inc.
Banned

yeah gardena nissan sucks. Torrance nissan has nice and friendly ppl but not too knowledgeable and I agree they tend to get careless sometimes.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just take it to performance nissan... they will get things done right.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:36 PM
bobowah

I used to take my Z to Torrance Nissan for some services... and was not too happy with the customer service. But they will warranty almost anything.

The mechanics sort of know what they are doing.

Bad experiences at Long Beach Nissan and Superior Nissan Carson.

If you are travelling all the way to Duarte... You might as well come to us in Baldwin Park. We can perform most of your service needs. Oil Changes, 7.5k, 15k, and 30k services we can perform for you.

Jeff@StreetImage
Old 07-06-2005, 08:26 PM
UCLAzzz

How bout Cerritos Nissan, I due for my first oil change and want my driver window aligned....I hope they don't trip on my mods already!!!! Anybody have experiences in Cerritos?
Old 07-06-2005, 09:39 PM
mikewagon

cool, my appointment is with brett, tom, should i throw your name out? ha ha, i hope all will be good with him and the dept.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:15 AM
TOM JONES

sure tell him i sent you
Old 07-07-2005, 09:02 AM
TLHASTZ

Cerritos took care of my warrenty issues no problem. even got me a loaner car w/o issue from the local rental service. As for trippin on mods as long as they can't create the problem don't worry about them trippin' out on it.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:42 AM
El Guy

I went to Power Nissan in Carson, i still think i got charged for nothing, i went for a oil change and they said i needed a 7500 mile e brake adjustment, Should this not be part of the warranty. They charged 69.99 it was a special. Yeah for dumb asses, I felt cheated. Thats what i get for not paying attention.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Watch out... All service writers no matter where you go will always try to sell you "services" They are usually bottles of a cleaner you can purchase your self and charge $$$ labor for it...
Old 07-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Ztrackman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drive 45 minutes each way from Irvine to Performance Nissan for all service for my Z. They have also installed all my mods. I've had nothing but good experiences there. They DEFINITELY know what they are doing and are very mod friendly.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:58 PM
UCLAzzz

Performance Nissan is a dealership? Maybe I'll check them out next time, but Cerritos is giving me my first oil change for free... can't beat that, and I'm gonna see if they will fix my door, it does not close smoothly on the driver side like the passenger side! I have to slamm the door harder sometimes on driver side! Not sure what's wrong, maybe window is off alignment!? Anybody have that problem...
Old 07-08-2005, 08:27 PM
time4aspliff

I don't know about their service dept. but I personally, would steer clear of Cerritos Nissan. They are probably the most dishonest Nissan dealership in SoCal next to Universal. When my buddy was shopping around 6 or 7 months ago, Cerritos insisted on 40K for a Track model w/no options and they wouldn't budge a bit. TOTAL crooks. They also said they don't mark-up their Z's (yeah right). They even had the audacity to tell him that he would never find a better deal on the Track Edition. A bunch of slimeballs.

I would go to Performance.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Chicken

Originally Posted by time4aspliff
...but I personally, would steer clear of Cerritos Nissan. They are probably the most dishonest Nissan dealership in SoCal next to Universal.
Apparently you haven't been to Power Nissan in Torrance? I'd say they rank up there, if they aren't the most scummy.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:49 PM
mikewagon

no way! the most scummy would be the universal city or glendale nissan. no way i was gonna buy from them. power in torrance really worked with me to get me the trim and color i wanted, and a great price. and no, they did not try to sell me services when i took my car in. i even talked with the guys that work on the cars that most people dont get to see, and they were great and gave me some tips and advice i normally would not have gotten. I will definitely go back to power in torrance and i would buy a car again from the same guy that I did.

Quick Reply: anyone been to power nissan in torrance?