Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Thanx Street Image for NOTHING..

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 02:16 PM
nickgundara

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nissansource
I do all my own work on my car. when im too busy or out of town i let Sam@GTmotorsports do things like suspension. Once people see their facility youll understand why everyone praises the work done b/c its all strickly business. Its ran like a dealership, all paperwork is filled out on work order forms and everything done to a car is listed on the paperwork. Some people say they are a bit pricey but in my oppinion they are quality with the facility to support any types of mods. its a damn Huge warehouse full of cars 6 or 7 lifts and 2 dynos, Machine shop, its a speedwhores dream
+1 - At any given time he's got Skylines, fully built TT 350z's and G35's, along with a myriad of Evos and WRX's in the shop.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:44 PM
MIAPLAYA

What makes this thread even funnier is it wasn't a year ago that Street Image was trying to clown protocav saying how "shadetree" mechanics couldn't do the work right. Surprise surprise..
Old 06-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
What makes this thread even funnier is it wasn't a year ago that Street Image was trying to clown protocav saying how "shadetree" mechanics couldn't do the work right. Surprise surprise..
LOL PWN3D...........
Old 06-26-2006, 02:49 PM
jmcmorante

As much as I said i wasnt goign to post as much due to some differences I had with some members here, I feel compeled to chime in to protect other fellow Zers.

I dropped my car off for a Greddy TT install with Inetcoller, CF hood, Stoptech Upgrade kit and a few other goodies. Eric at Street Image said usually it takes about a week but to avoid delaying me he will say 13-15 days so i said ok np. They also requested more than 60% down if I remember correctly. Well i called 4 days before the 15 days and asked him if the 15th day would be the day and what time to go since i needed a ride to get there and wanted to avoid just sittign there. So he says around 5PM on the 15th day and I show up and find my car with just the intercoller mounted and NOTHING ELSE DONE!!!!!! I was like WTF! So he proceeds to explain that he had some show cars there and that he does the Scions for Toyota and that he cant brush them off so he says 3 more days.

THREE DAYS LATER
Day 3 comes and i call and then he said tomorrow, by means of the counter rep since he said he was too busy to take my call.

TOMORROW
Nothing again, and Im being tolled Eric is not there and that he needs to call me back which by the way never happened.

DAY AFTER
I show up and find Mondo workingon the car he then says that he is delayed because he cant put TOYOTA on hold because he charges them $25k for the proyect, so im like WTF I spent more than $10K here and thats too little for you?

I then go outside and get a drink and when i walk back in ERIC is inside and then yells at em to shut up because his counter rep was on the phone telling someone that HE WAS NOT THERE. Im like WTF is this. I leave and ask for car to be done end of 3rd week. He says yeah np.

END OF THIRD WEEK

Again im being tolled tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. I didnt want to blow up since I was afraid of them rushing things and didnt want to have problems later.

Now keep in mind that when the days came of promise they never called to say not today i had to call and then i would find it wasnt ready and on one ocassion I was tolled i called too much.

Anyhow to make a long story short, their $2K install price cost me $6K in reinstalls, retuning, and adding a few parts that were not installed at all that should of come with the kit. We had to get the car to another shop and start from stratch.

The kit is awesome, it was just the shop and I have been running the kit for a few months and couldnt be pleased but I will never forget how it took them over a month and did a sh*tty job.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

^^I'm glad you posted Jorge on your Greddy install at Street Image. I did not want to add your name but it is important to know about shops like this so our fellow Z and G family does not get screwed....
Old 06-26-2006, 03:21 PM
gimpster621

so wheres a good shop to install a tt in socal?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

^^ I think GT where Jorge took his car to get a proper install
Old 06-26-2006, 04:09 PM
nissansource

Sam@GTMotorsports manages a team of guys and seems to delegate work to each one. he has a good team there i have sent many guys there with positive results for each
Old 06-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Grommit

SI did a pretty good job installing my coilovers and sways a year ago. It's sad to hear so many bad things about them now. It's amazing how things change in a year. :-/

Does GT do paint/body work? I still need to find a good shop to paint/install my kit.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:17 PM
B-Unit

holy informative thread Batman!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:12 PM
L337350

damn that sucks! they fixed an exhaust rattle i had by using washers on that M shaped brace to space it out and didnt charge me for that. I dealt with Jeff and Mondo so that's probably why I got the good service.. they also helped me out with my header install since i had a few problems after DIYing.. when their first resolution didnt work, i brought it back and they fixed it on the spot, no extra charge.

sucks to hear that they've gone down in customer service
Old 07-01-2006, 09:39 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For three years, I have been critical of every place I buy parts or obtain service with my Z and post the results to assist other Z owners. When someone sucks, I say so. When someone rocks, I say so. Street Image rocks!

I recently purchased the Stoptech 13" front brake kit and rear upgrade kit from Performance Nissan. The pricing on these parts was terrific. Jason hooked me up with pricing that was without a doubt - a hook up. But, their service department quoted me an eight hour installation. Now to their defense, I was quoted from a fee schedule manual and their work has always been exceptional but, if you've done any brake work in the past or even bother to do a search, you should know that this is a 3 to 4 hour job max. So, being the value minded customer, I walked from that quote. There is a big difference betwen Performance Nissan parts and Performance Nissan Service. Parts rocks, service rocks but their service pricing can suck.

Eric at Street Image set me for a date last week and I had something that came up so I asked to reschedule. No problem, it was reset for the next weekend same time.

I show up a half hour early and work commenced immediately. Buckey was my autotech and he did the job plus oil change, belts and straightened out some metal that was in contact with my lower control arm and fixed a problem with the e-brake. I hadn't even known of this problem with the bent metal that contacted the lower control arm until Buckey brought it to my attention. He had simply heard I was having vibration problems and after visual inspection, found the problem.

I left the shop about six hours later with all this extra work done without additional charge. I wasn't charged for straightening, the Motul brake fluid was no charge (I think Eric was especially nice about this because I was one of his first customers and really didn't expect this) and I was charged a mere $400 for the labor, $50 bucks for the oil change including Mobil - 1 and $30 bucks for installation of belts. Tax? What tax?

In short, what would have been over $1,000 at the dealership ran me $485. I can't emphasize enough that the quality of work that I've experienced everytime I've been to Street Image has been A+ and as far as value - let's just say you will NOT be gouged by these guys. Eric runs a tight shop, he does not overcharge - if anything, he cuts customers nothing less than hook-up rates and in my case, I believe he undercharged me. I expected the bill to be $600+ at $95 per hour rates. Instead, with the time spent, I was charged considerably less.

I'm posting this in another thread where some customers had issues. If you really want to know what's going on, give Eric a call. Street Image's work is bar none - the best.

Last edited by hfm; 07-01-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Sundeviljay

^^u just got lucky...

bump...everyone should know that unless you need simple suspension or brake work...DONT GO TO STREET IMAGE
Old 07-01-2006, 11:53 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
^^u just got lucky...

bump...everyone should know that unless you need simple suspension or brake work...DONT GO TO STREET IMAGE

Id hoped that we learned no one should go there period..

-B-
Old 07-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Fair-Lady

I had a couple of things done by Street Image as well. What Street Image taught me was PATIENCE. When you make an appointment at 10am, spend 2 hours in traffic to show up on time and there is no one there for until 11am - patience. Where there is a 'more important' customer who just walk up gets their work done pronto while you sit your *** in the nice Recaro seat in the waiting room for another hour and half - PATIENCE. Then after the work is done, which was about 2 hours late, you can no longer avoid traffic hour so it takes you 3 hours to get home - PATIENCE.

St
Old 07-02-2006, 12:24 AM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by Fair-Lady
I had a couple of things done by Street Image as well. What Street Image taught me was PATIENCE. When you make an appointment at 10am, spend 2 hours in traffic to show up on time and there is no one there for until 11am - patience. Where there is a 'more important' customer who just walk up gets their work done pronto while you sit your *** in the nice Recaro seat in the waiting room for another hour and half - PATIENCE. Then after the work is done, which was about 2 hours late, you can no longer avoid traffic hour so it takes you 3 hours to get home - PATIENCE.

St

iono about other people but i revised ur paragraph for what i would have said be it I were in ur exact situation....and i have said this before at the end of a day at street image....

Originally Posted by Fair-Lady
I had a couple of things done by Street Image as well. What Street Image taught me was F*CK THAT. When you make an appointment at 10am, spend 2 hours in traffic to show up on time and there is no one there for until 11am - F*CK THAT. Where there is a 'more important' customer who just walk up gets their work done pronto while you sit your *** in the nice Recaro seat in the waiting room for another hour and half - F*CK THAT. Then after the work is done, which was about 2 hours late, you can no longer avoid traffic hour so it takes you 3 hours to get home - uber F*CK that.

St

-B-
Old 07-02-2006, 12:39 AM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by B-Unit
iono about other people but i revised ur paragraph for what i would have said be it I were in ur exact situation....and i have said this before at the end of a day at street image....

-B-
Dude, you are a fking customer. You dont need to wait for those m.fker like that. They supposed to wait for you.
Customer always #1. If I had an appointment with someone who needs my business and dat person shows up later, eat my xhit.