Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Thanx Street Image for NOTHING..

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 08:40 PM
B-Unit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Thanx Street Image for NOTHING..

Well. Heres the Facts..

A long long time ago.. (6/18/2005).. to be exact, I went to Street Image to get some coilovers installed. I was pretty happy with the work, except for the price.., and I went on my way. Well I ended up going back there a couple weeks later to get them adjusted after they had settled, and Street Image adjusted them. Then I told them while they were installing my testpipes (which again was too pricey imo) to fix my exhaust b/c it was sitting too high and touching the exhaust exits on my old kit (vertex half rear)..

Well they said allright..

I get the bill at the end of the day, o yea, which took like 10 hours which i was sitting outside the little ghey fence cuz apparently you cant hang out inside! how lame is that..@ status I get to work on my Fuggin car!! I have always stayed an extra 3 hours longer then they said everytime (3 times) ive been to street image..

anyhow Eric tells me . "o yea, we used washers to lower ur exhaust"... i was like washers...wtf...but he said thats how they do it, so being the nub I was at the time I was like whatevers... So he rings me up..

"O yea, were gonna have to charge you for the washers".. I was like umm allright ic...

**toggles with the cash register/calculator**

"Thats gonna be 60 buks for the washers"

Me to myself: WTFFFFFFF!! (reaches for wallet) whatever..ill just write a check.

Fast forward to present day:

Bryan now knows allot about cars as in the last year he has been ripping apart the Z and installing just about everything they make for the darn thing.

Well today as my rear bumper was off, I remembered how I had once been told that washers were used to lower my exhaust.. o yea.. well lets take a look under the car and find out what exactly they did..

Takes a look under the car...hmm..nothing by the hangers...maybe they put the washers up under where the hangers are bolted to the car... again..nothing.. so i check all the places the exhaust canister is bolted.. Nothing.

So now Im left and sad to say that aparently my hangers were bent to solve the issue,,,, and I was merely swindled into paying for 60 buks worth of non-existent parts under my car. Wow... after spending like 1800+ bucks at Street Image what do I get for my money..someone lying to me, charging me for parts that werent even put on my car!

Classy. Thanx Street Image..

-for nothing....

Bryan- will never go back there again. especially cuz they pwn their customers with outrageous install prices..

-B-

Last edited by B-Unit; 06-24-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's ******' ghay...where is this place? Let us know so none of us go there...dishonest!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 09:08 PM
B-Unit

Its in Baldwin Park. about halfway down the 10/60 to the 15fwy. Lots of people have taken their cars there and it was "the place to go for Z mods" for quite some time. i havent heard much about them cuz now theres great places like Status where tight guys who even own Zs (Rick *cough*) work and the like. Im sure youll get people in here like in the other Street Image dissing threads supporting SI etc. but imo this is lame and unexceptable..

-B-
Old 06-24-2006, 09:13 PM
excid182

wow man...that sucks...i went there to get my springs and shocks installed and i thought they did a good job for $100. i always hate to hear about people getting screwed at shops. good informative thread though. i dont think i'll go back to get anymore work done there.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:56 PM
intoxicatedpete

Sorry to hear that. I just went there today to get my headers put in. I do think that they charge too much for labor (cost me $360 for a 5 hours job works out to $72 an hour). They did include OEM gaskets but i still think its a lot. Maybe I'll check out Status next time.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:00 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by intoxicatedpete
Sorry to hear that. I just went there today to get my headers put in. I do think that they charge too much for labor (cost me $360 for a 5 hours job works out to $72 an hour). They did include OEM gaskets but i still think its a lot. Maybe I'll check out Status next time.
Yea, deff. Im not sure if status does things like heads but u can pm rick@status for that info. he needs pms to answer while hes bored at work anyhow (i know ull appreciate that one rick lol)

But yea. imo 72 an hour. common! thats a ton dude. not even body shops charge anything near that! imo whenever i wanna do installs nowadays i find a Z friend who has a free day to tackle the job for free. its fun plus u get to hang out! and the second time around is always faster if u ever want/need to do it again! hehe.

-B-
Old 06-25-2006, 12:16 AM
FairladyZX

sucks to hear bout it. i hate waiting long hours at any shops getting ripped off then later find out they didn't even do their job
Old 06-25-2006, 12:34 AM
Vertex350

Wow B... thanks for the heads up. I know you were expecting the best for your car especially since you were a noob with parts and pricing. Sucks how they took advantage of you and your wallet.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:45 AM
Kam350z

its all about GT Motorsport in Rancho bro! 100 % satisfaction, never had a problem, did all my mods there without a single problem. GT MOTORSPORT is the place to go for Z mods done right.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:07 AM
B-Unit

yea i know guys. I do all my mods myself now. but still just wanted to post up some of my findings. but keep good references commin, its helpful for everyone

-B-
Old 06-25-2006, 03:00 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

wow bro, not cool, sorry to hear that, i mean i learned something from the movie Baby Boywhen Tyrese's mom was talking to him about salesmen, "a shiester who makes you feel cheated will never get your business again but a good salesman will always have you coming back for me"... i think there is truth to that i mean good service and fair prices are like WOW and ill keep going back

best service and ive been going to this guy for years Savas Tires & wheels look for Ivan just say hey im Ben's homie great hook up on tires and aftermarket parts, ive been going there for 6 years to be exact and ive probably sent him over $30k in business referrals from homies, coworkers and strangers who keep coming back to him
Old 06-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Sundeviljay

i have heard so many shady things about street image....i would never take my car there either
Old 06-25-2006, 08:34 AM
___DJK___

They overcharged you cuz you are a nub! I've been telling you even before then to do the shiz yourself, now you finally learn!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:59 AM
protocav

hit me up for any installs in the socal area. i will never quote by the hour, but by the job, so you know exactly what you are getting into. my references are all over this forum.

Chad
Old 06-25-2006, 09:04 AM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by protocav
hit me up for any installs in the socal area. i will never quote by the hour, but by the job, so you know exactly what you are getting into. my references are all over this forum.

Chad

yea ive seen allot of posts about you proto. I encourage everyone who doesnt do work themselves to go to protocav! hes a good guy and good fair prices on installs.

-B-

Scott..
Old 06-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

thats good to know bro good lookin out
Old 06-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Street Image is the lamest shop in Socal hands down. My friend has his turbo install there and they gave him the run around and installed it incorrectly. He then had to go to GT motorsports to have the install done correctly. I don't know why people give those bozo's such high praise. I would go back and force them to pay you back....Eric does not know how to do business.....
Old 06-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks to hear man. I've always been treated really well by these guys. I go there because they treat my car like their own. Hell, you'll probably find my business cards there on the counter for possible referrals
Old 06-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I knew you would see this thread Rick you have had good luck with them but as far as me they never returned my calls or nothing and when I use to call Eric would say to call back or he'll call back. I never heard from them again ....
Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I can't remember correctly... but this is either "strike 2" or "strike 3" for street image.

R.I.P.

Quick Reply: Thanx Street Image for NOTHING..