Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

First experience with Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007 | 06:38 PM
simplypanda

Default First experience with Hit and Run

Hey guys...today wasn't a good day for me. Someone at my church hit my passenger side rear fender and bumper, and just left. At church for all places...
I know it was a red car well cause there is red paint left on my fender. =/ I will post pics tomorrow since Its already late to do so tonight. Just wanted to know if the rear fender can be taken off (like is it in w/ a couple of bolts?) Im thinking of going wide body later on on the kit so should I wait until than? another question I have is is anyone selling their stock rear bumper and fenders both sides. I don't know what to do...its pissing me off so bad. This is my daily driver so >.< I get pissed whenever I see my car. So let me reorganize...
1. Can the rear fender be taken off the car?
2. Should I wait until I can get my body kit rather than repair or replace the fender and bumper?
3. Is anyone selling their OEM fender and rear bumper?
4. How much do these two parts run for?

Any help will be greatly appriciated. I am in a really bad mood atm. >.<
Old 03-10-2007 | 06:54 PM
xkevon

there cant be too many red cars in your church
you should go check them out next sunday and see if any red cars have any damages on them
Old 03-10-2007 | 07:18 PM
simplypanda

thats what I am planning atm...but I dunno what good it will do. They are probably gonna just deny it even if I find them. I was thinking of going for the over fender kits from veilside or something like that. But the truth is I really wanna go w/ the vertex body kit which I probably will. Even if I do go w/ that body kit my fender will still be messed up so I need to either take it to a body shop and get it fixed or just replace it. I am gonna look for over wide fenders or something but I dunno what to do right now. I'm just getting a big headach for this. >.<
Old 03-10-2007 | 07:34 PM
Sean

I don't think it's a sin to set fire to his/her car if they don't fess up.
Old 03-10-2007 | 08:14 PM
kPaNdA350

panda's having bad luck or what?
Old 03-10-2007 | 08:20 PM
michaeljr6

that's why you don't go to church...
Old 03-10-2007 | 08:23 PM
erickim080387

LOL! serious!
Old 03-10-2007 | 08:53 PM
simplypanda

yea Im having a really bad luck w/ my car these days....someone gave me a dent w/ their door on my driver side rear fender and now this. This is my daily driver for freaking sakes...>.< its gonna take me at least 2 months to save enough money for a new body kit...but its probably gonna take longer to pay for the installation of the kit since I don't do body work and other expenses like fixing the fender dents because I don't think the kits will come w/ a new fender. Besides does anyone know if the fender can be taken out???? Like is it in w/ a couple of bolts and screws or is it like stuck on there...>.< any help would be greatly appriciated.
Old 03-11-2007 | 06:45 AM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

that sucks, sorry to hear that bro, at church??!!

i remember 1 week when i got my car, i parked in Ktown when i was on a date with some fob girl & when we came back i had this huge scuff mark in the rear side like literally one week after i got the car, i parked in the Ice Kiss/ Ajeetoo(long gone) parking lot and yeah my car suffered, forgot though it was hella long ago

but whats a more fcked up story my cousin has a black '05 Silverado (which is a big mther fcker), he kinda of parked protruding on his driveway but i guess a drunk driver in a bigger car Toyota Sequoia (probably judging from the impact and fender lining i left) hit and run his car, left his fender lining, which was pretty big, my cousins silverado went through his fcking gate and when he woke up the parking meter mades gave him 2 parking tickets seeing that it was a hit and run... and its not like u see a truck go through a gate, sad thing was, the 2 tickets were from 2 meter maids
Old 03-11-2007 | 10:19 AM
simplypanda

I don't mind now...whats done is done. But I just want to know how I can get the fender fixed. I will post the pictures in about 1 hour or so. >.< Its on the passenger side rear fender and the bumper. Can I take off the fender w/ couple of bolts. I wanna know before I take off my rear bumper. Should I fix the bump or wait about 2 1/2 months and get my JP body kit or Vertex Kit. I might have to wait a little bit more because I am getting my Apexi N1 Exhaust probably in about 2 weeks. Im a college student and have almost no money so I need the cheapest way possible. I do the work myself except installing the body kit cause it might not fit properly and have to be modded which I have no clue how to do. >.< wjfioqejgq3ejgqwo2i3r41u349ui13jafsdjwiofjwaoiejfwaif
Old 03-11-2007 | 11:39 AM
simplypanda

well here is the picture.
Attached Thumbnails First experience with Hit and Run-0311071232.jpg  
Old 03-11-2007 | 12:10 PM
simplypanda

Guys where can I buy the rear fender from?? I just wanna know the price so I can decide if I should wait or go for the replacement. Been trying to find the rear fenders but still no dice. Can ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME >.< So frustrated....I can't believe I have to spend so much of my hard earned money just because some a$$ can't park right or get out of the parking space right...and I even parked where there is a lot of room too!!! freaking a...
Old 03-11-2007 | 09:51 PM
J.Diddy.Yo

If you're sure it happened at church, I would bring it up to the Pastor. He might lay the guilt trip on the entire congregation...LOL. Serious though that is what I would do...
Old 03-12-2007 | 07:38 AM
simplypanda

yea but the truth is I was at church in a meeting and when I came out... Its a really really really really big church in Anahiem called Sarang. I got my dent on the driver side rear fender and now this... I'm never gonna be able to find out who did it =/ so I am just gonna save up some money and get it repaired and buy a new body kit.
Old 03-12-2007 | 07:51 AM
Vicarious

Ouch, doesn't look too bad. I hit my rear fender awhile back. Apparently real fenders cost a lot. They are welded on there or something. I went to a few body shops. Estimates averaged around 1000-1500 for me..but my damage was worse than yours.
Old 03-12-2007 | 07:54 AM
simplypanda

1000 dollars!!!!! omfg...if they estimate me for over 200 I can't do it for a very very very very long time...and I really don't want to drive it with this on my car...I feel really pissed off whenever I get in my car now.
Old 03-12-2007 | 08:15 AM
erickim080387

buff it and touch up paint... those scratches arent THAT bad... plus u have a silver car... u wouldnt be able to do that on a black car.. lol
Old 03-12-2007 | 09:28 AM
simplypanda

the thing is its not only scratches but its also dents and I found out that that can't be popped back out or w/e. Some people that felt the damage told me that I can get the paint and w/e off but I can't get that dent out cause the fender is not only welded in but its also double sided or w/e. Is this true? Im gonna call the MOB body shop after I save up some money and get an estimate from them see if they can fix it.

I am also now going to buy a used 300zx for my daily driver. they go for around 3 grand so I think that would be a good way to go.