Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Check This Out * ! * !

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007 | 11:25 PM
Sizz813

Default Check This Out * ! * !

Hey guys my name is Sam and I have been a board member for a while now. I have run into a bit of bad luck. I recently crashed my Z. It happened when a person driving a Mini Cooper swerved into my lane while I was going 70 and I reacted by swerving quickly away from them. Needless to say it caused me to spin out my car and I slammed into the center divider of the 101 freeway. The entire rear end of the car was damaged. To make matters worse due to bad luck my insurance happen to expire and I was not insured when this took place. Yes it was pretty stupid of me to let that happen but I happen to be away from home for 3 months for work and it totally slipped my mind.

What I am hoping is that somone here is or knows a body shop that would work on my car on a credit or payment plan. I don't have much money right now due to unexpected things coming up. My credit is really really horrible. I don't have anyone that I can ask to borrow the money to fix it. I do make a decent living at the job that I do. I know that I can save the money to get the car fixed, but I kinda need the car now to get to and fro.

Looking at the damage I would estimate it to be in the $2-3K range. I do have some parts that will be used in the repair (exhaust and bumper shell).

If anyone has any good ideas, suggestions, or can help me in anyway, it would be greatly appreciated. I know I did a really really stupid thing, but I hope that I can get out of this jam with your help, thanks for reading this. Please send me a PM or reply and I will get back to you quickly.

Sam

P.S. I know that within 1-2 months I could have the money to fix it, but I was looking to get it done ASAP. Hopefully to get it started this week, thanks

Last edited by Sizz813; 04-13-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-13-2007 | 09:21 AM
NX ZR

damn insurance companies, they look for any excuses not to cover you, although you didn't help by missing-out paying premiums.

anyways, have you looked around for a salvage yards? i've never done it my self but, i heard you can get parts prty cheap...
tought you could save some money on parts at least.

good luck man, i hope everything works out for you!
Old 04-13-2007 | 10:23 AM
ANXIOUZ

Originally Posted by Sizz813
What I am hoping is that somone here is or knows a body shop that would work on my car on a credit or payment plan. ... My credit is really really horrible.
Sorry to hear about the bind you're in. The Z is a really expensive car to repair and if you admit that you need to do it on credit...with a terrible credit rating...I dunno what your options are.
Old 04-13-2007 | 10:29 AM
Richy350Z

Wow... I had the same thing happen to me. I was with out insurance for about a month. Forgot to pay it (every 6 months) and next thing you know a damn white Malibu cut me off and I swerved to avoid a collision and I ended up hitting a curve pretty hard scratching the whole entire bottom of my car. Messed up the wheel bearing,alingment and my front bumper.

I covered the damage from the front bumper so that it wasn't noticeable that I crashed when I took it to the dealership. I told him my car was making some weird noise, and under warranty wheel bearing was covered.

The bottom of my car is scratched but does not affect the car in any way.

Now , as for my bumpers...
I have a set of '05 stock bumpers sitting in my garage that will be put on my '03. The one I currently have on right now on the back it's in good condition. , the front bumper, I think should be fixeable.

If you need any of that let me know.

Send me a PM , I have a guy who gets Nissan parts for cheap. (stock though)
Old 04-13-2007 | 10:34 AM
QuicksilverZ33

I'de be willing to paypal you $10 to help fix your car...If you get 300 people to do it...You get your car fixed =D

I'm not kidding...at least you didn't wreck it doing something stupid...
Old 04-14-2007 | 07:07 PM
zkicker

Your damage is likely twice as much as you anticipate.
Old 04-14-2007 | 07:12 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL
Premier Member

Originally Posted by zkicker
Your damage is likely twice as much as you anticipate.
+1.
a lot of the times, the damage is more than what you can see, and shops like to screw you over.
Old 04-14-2007 | 09:26 PM
Fooshe

A great repair shop is K & K autobody in Van Nuys 818-786-5660. Great paint and really fair on pricing. I would check them out if they are close for you. I had some work done there and would take my car back any day.