Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

A plus for living in Cali

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Electricchild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Praz
people are like this in cali too. in lancaster, which can be known as a "redneck" town as it used to be a big agricultural place back in the day, its still a common thing. we were returning the other day from lunch and this really fat white kid from the continuation school shouts "get some orange chicken ****ers" towards my asian looking friends. ones chinese and the others vietnamese, im sri lankan but ignorant people dont understand thats asian too. anyway i went up to him and kindly asked him to apologize to my friends and he threw his cup of salad on the ground and took off his jacket and immediately tried to fight me. i kept telling him i didnt want to fight but he could only reply with "come on homie". by this time the school security had seen and was heading our way so he and his friends took off running although they were caught as i dont think he could run that fast. well thats one of my racist experiences
Yeah I get bothered slightly by that too. Generally we south asian people aren't considered "asian" because that term seems to be unique to just southeastern asia. At least here in western society.

What bothers me the more is when people come up to me and ask me if I speak "Indian." But that isn't really being racist, just ignorant, so I don't snap back. I just roll my eyes just in my mind and educate them.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
wtf you're asian?
Not sure how it works, but I'd bet the majority of the socal members on this board are asian.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:58 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Electricchild
Yeah I get bothered slightly by that too. Generally we south asian people aren't considered "asian" because that term seems to be unique to just southeastern asia. At least here in western society.

What bothers me the more is when people come up to me and ask me if I speak "Indian." But that isn't really being racist, just ignorant, so I don't snap back. I just roll my eyes just in my mind and educate them.
what about middle easterners? we're technically asian too, but people just give me an incredulous look when i try to explain that to them.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Jabdo233

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
wtf you're asian?
No I'm black, but my point was the things like that can happen to any type of race. If I was in the same situation and someone asked me where the fried chicken was at Costco I would be pretty pissed off.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:46 AM
QdotJ

Being a handsome, well-built, modest, humble man who's 6'5" 260lbs of "warm complexion" I've heard my fair share of comments, none that I'll share here, I'm sure we all know what they can be.

Some are actually kinda cleaver, and I find myself saying "damn, that was funny... but I can't laugh..."

Believe me, you did the right thing by just talking to them. Sometimes an *** whopping does more harm than good; but it can be hard to control the urge.

I heard someone say the word "ninja" the other day, I could have sworn they said.....
Old 06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Originally Posted by Jabdo233
If I was in the same situation and someone asked me where the fried chicken was at Costco I would be pretty pissed off.
Sorry, but that made me laugh.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Praz

Originally Posted by Electricchild

haha ya that happens all the time
Old 06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Electricchild

Originally Posted by Jabdo233
No I'm black, but my point was the things like that can happen to any type of race. If I was in the same situation and someone asked me where the fried chicken was at Costco I would be pretty pissed off.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:48 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

lol...
reminds me of the fight that was gonna happen (before stupid assistant principal broke it up) between some korean fob girl and this faaaaaaaattttt mexican girl the other day at lunch....
=_____="
Old 06-08-2007, 07:52 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger V
It is because they know asians are too ***** to do anything back. They would never say that to a black person.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:56 AM
spyderZ

It is because they know asians are too ***** to do anything back.
Yea right. Look who's talking,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1pj9i3hgRg
Old 06-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Originally Posted by spyderZ

That's the biggest coward/***** of them all.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Jabdo233

Originally Posted by spyderZ

Old 06-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is because they know asians are too ***** to do anything back. They would never say that to a black person.
LOL you serious? They're probably more afraid of the racial back lash and the "i'm a victim" role that African Americans are notorious for. Where is Jesse Jackson at? LOL. I'm not going to front and say that I don't know that it is rough being black, but Asians are one of the most ballsy people out there when it comes to the hardcore. Look up any of the craziest gangs an you'll see what I mean. Anyways, this is all besides the point of what happened to the OP

Last edited by Rickdogg; 06-09-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:22 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

I grew up & lived in So Cal for 30 yrs and dealt with rude obnoxiuos comments my whole life. I moved out here to texas 11 years ago and actually found this area to be much more pleasant to live in. The people here are very polite and courteous. A big surprise for me !

I think you are going to get stupid ignorant people where ever you live. I just hope that your & anyone else's encounters are minimal.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:16 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm just letting any of you socal members that may know who I am know that I will be moving to Arizona at the end of the month. I was going to move in August but plans changed and I decided to move out on July 2nd. I wanted to go the the July LAX meet (if there is going to be one since it's the 4th of July) but it looks like I won't be able to make it. I will be back periodically and will try to make any socal meets since I have my family and friends out here. Hopefully I will have an FI'd Z soon after though so I can get back to Cali quicker.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:32 AM
erickim080387

Originally Posted by monokuroboo
lol...
reminds me of the fight that was gonna happen (before stupid assistant principal broke it up) between some korean fob girl and this faaaaaaaattttt mexican girl the other day at lunch....
=_____="
fat mexican would have owned..... and whos the *** principal now? heard mrs. kimm isnt anymore... mr kim now?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
monokuroboo
CHRIS (350) FTL

Originally Posted by erickim080387
fat mexican would have owned..... and whos the *** principal now? heard mrs. kimm isnt anymore... mr kim now?
yeah she is, there's 3... that i know of. mrs. motherfreakkin psycho kim, mr. kim, and mr. coulter (the one who broke up the fight)
yeah...the fob would have gotten her *** kicked but oh wellll hahaha
Old 06-11-2007, 02:38 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Praz
go ahead i dont get offended about jokes, my wrestling buddies always joke about the sri lankan thing so im used to it. i think its really funny tho when indian people crack jokes on sri lankans like we are so different haha.
Ok, but only because you asked to hear it. I don't want to get any crap about this, its just a joke.

Do people in Sri Lanka take baths or showers?

Neither, they just wash up on shore.