Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

A plus for living in Cali

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 AM
dvo

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default A plus for living in Cali

I was in Arizona for the past week. I was visiting family and just checking out the scenery before I move there in August. I was at the Chandler Mall and I was walking around with my gf. We walked by two teenage girls(probably around 15 years old) and just as they walk by one of them says, "F%$king asians" I looked back and they started to run. Five minutes later, We happend to run into them again. One of them had this look on their face like they saw a ghost. I stopped in front of them as asked them why they would say something like that. They replied that they just had a bad experience with an asian. I told them that doesn't matter and that you shouldn't say things like that. They just kept saying sorry as i kept asking them why they said that. They looked like they were about to cry. And me and my gf just walked away.

I thought that was pathetic to still have people saying things like that this day in age. I hope that when I move there, I won't have an experience like that again. I'm glad that cali(especially socal) is so diverse

Last edited by dvo; 06-07-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:02 AM
dozzer1b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fu**ing Asians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Richy350Z

Originally Posted by dozzer1b
Fu**ing Asians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why would you say something like that?
Old 06-07-2007, 10:03 AM
dozzer1b

LOL...jk.......ima get u that price tho Don
Old 06-07-2007, 10:04 AM
dvo

alright, thanks Dan.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Roger V

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is because they know asians are too ***** to do anything back. They would never say that to a black person.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:12 AM
desiZ

they're just scared we're taking over...
half the worlds population is asian... sooner or later (pun on "f**king" asians) ... we'll all be BEIGE...

LOL
Old 06-07-2007, 10:12 AM
dvo

Originally Posted by Roger V
It is because they know asians are too ***** to do anything back. They would never say that to a black person.
I said something back. I've never been afraid of saying anything to someone regardless of if they were black white brown or purple.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM
SOCAL350

Its still legal to carry a gun on your person in Arizona right? Just wear a holster and nobodys going to mess with you.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM
NGZ

You should have asked them what their names were, pretended to take a pic with your cameraphone and made a phone call. Then warn them that they're not welcome in Japantown, Koreatown or Chinatown, etc, ever again.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:16 AM
dvo

yea, You need a permit to conceal one. Other tahn that, you could walk into a bank with a gun out and they won't say anything. I wen tto the scottsdale gun club while I was there and I'm gonna by a Glock .45 when I move.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hahhaha, stupid skanks. Reminds of me the kids I used to beat up in elementary school when they used to think it was fun picking on the "asian kid"
Old 06-07-2007, 10:19 AM
dvo

don't they know, kung-fu is programmed into our brains at birth.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In Arizona, I believe it is exposed carry for registered guns.

I also say stuff back when anythign racial is brought-upto me but most people can't tell whatt he hell I ma anyways. I've been described as almost every different race under the sun.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:22 AM
gregtotheb

i think you handled the situation very maturely.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:25 AM
jdm21bmx

Sorry you had that exp. in AZ... Keep us posted on the move and join AZ350Z.com when you get here for local meets and events...dont worry no one cares what race you are( just as long as you drive a "Z" )
Old 06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
mlam002

wow that actually still does happen .. I live in Los Angeles.. when I was a undergrad at UCLA like 2-3 years ago.. I went with my 2 other roommates (who are asian as am I) to costco here in Los Angeles..where this elderly white lady came up to us and asked where she could find bags of rice and gallon soy sauce.

we politely told her that we did not work at costco.. then she said " I know, Oh but your Asian, you should know where the soy sauce and rice is."

We all gave each other the confused look.. and we politely excused ourselves from the situation.

we gave the lady the benefit of the doubt because she was elderly..like 80 something with a cane. We just assumed she grew up in a diffrent generation so we let it go. But if it had been some punk white kids.. it'd been over.. we woulda beat them to a pulp with our calculators.

Stuff like this has happend at clubs/parties.. where some drunk white/mexican guy would make some racist remark about asians.. buncha people would jump in.. cops would be called.. its nothing new..

Racism is alive.. and will probaly never go away.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:23 AM
time4aspliff

Unfortunately, there are ignorant dumb people from all walks of life; on every corner of this planet.

My co-worker and I have been working in the heart of Santa Ana for more than six years. I'm a short (slightly) fat white guy and my co-worker is a very fit Asian guy that's gotta be atleast 6'2"-let's just say the dude is fairly imposing fo any human being. During the past six years, according to him, local Mexicans try to start crap with him almost once every other week simply for looking Asian when he's just minding his own business. Interestingly, it's always a group of guys when he's walking alone to get lunch. It's never just one dude as that would probably be a bad idea.

He grew up in LA and has never ever had any issues with white people, black people or Middle Eastern people-it just seems to be random groups of 4-5 Mexican guys that he's had bad luck with. To put things in perspective, during that same time span, nobody has ever even come close to bothering me.

Something's immensely wrong with this picture. It's particularly disturbing considering the fact that (due to the nature and location of our work) we have always been really loyal and tight with the local community. I just don't get it.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Checkmate58

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if it's legal to carry a gun in Arizona, is it legal to carry around a samurai sword? One shoots bullets and the other cuts off limbs.

--Sam
Old 06-07-2007, 11:46 AM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by SOCAL350
Its still legal to carry a gun on your person in Arizona right? Just wear a holster and nobodys going to mess with you.
+1 on that one! Carry a gun on your belt, you should get no crap from anyone

Quick Reply: A plus for living in Cali