Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Piloti shoes in SD?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 06:53 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Piloti shoes in SD?

Anybody know of a store/shop that carries Piloti driving shoes in San Diego? I hate to order some over the web when I can't try them on; size is such a crapshoot with diff. brands of shoes.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:53 AM
cbasil
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pick me i know!!!!

black forest motorsports, they do car clubbing for porsche. heres the link.

http://www.blackforestautomotive.com...hoes/Shoes.htm

there based in kearny mesa close to the dealerships.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:03 AM
MustGoFastR

Sweet; thanks!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:20 AM
MustGoFastR

Well, crap; that was a dead end. They have very few and aren't really stocking them anymore. Any other ideas?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:25 AM
ObZeZZed

I get mine from Griots Garage, if you order on line get the next size up from what you normally where as your normal size will likely be to snug on the sides. One size up worked great for me. They look cool, and are real comfortable but I have to say, the best driving shoes I have arent driving shoes at all. They are Diesels. The ones with the really thin arched sole. Extremely light and easy to feel the pedals through the shoe, makes all pedals feel better and great for minor throttle adjustments. I actually drive better with Diesels, sounds wierd but it actually makes a difference. In fact when I wear the Pilotis, I find I need to slide me seat back one notch, due to the difference in sole thickness and compared to most other shoes and sneakers, Piloti soles are pretty thin but compared to Diesels they seem thick. Also, the extra side sole on the right foot for heel toe isnt as useful as I thought it would be still helps a little. With the Pilotis I tend to rest my foot on the gas pedal when I dont mean to causing my engine to start reving a little at a stop light, because I cant feel the pedal through the thicker soled heavier Pilotis. Good shoes, though the best thing about them is, the few and I mean FEW people that actually notice them and no what its all about I say get Pilotis for meets where you are driving but also spending alot of time on your feet cuz they are comfy but when you are more focused on time spent driving at your best, just slap on a pair of super light thin, arched soled Diesels. Have fun.

Oh, Diesels are also great for the David Blaine style Levitation, being they are so light and all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6YT35R6pLw

Diesels pitured below
Attached Thumbnails Piloti shoes in SD?-062907_11271s.jpg  

Last edited by ObZeZZed; 06-29-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:46 AM
MustGoFastR

Yeah, I have a pair of shoes similar to the Diesels you are describing, but the aren't that comfortable standing and walking around and don't look good when worn with shorts. I want a pair of Piloti G16s since they look pretty casual and would work well with either jeans or shorts to wear to meets and cruises and the like.

I usually don't have a problem with shoe width, but how are the Pilotis for length? Depending on type of shoe and brand, I wear anything from a 10.5 to an 11.5 (mostly 11 in dress/casual shoes and 11.5 in running/cross training sports shoes). So I'm trying to figure out if I should order the 11 or 11.5. I was just going to order direct off of Piloti.com
Old 06-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Derek Dee

Try the Piloti website. Just got my new pair of Prototipos in the mail this week.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Equinox

My driving shoes = flip flops.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:35 PM
ObZeZZed

Yeah, I got the Prototipos, Black and Grey. I wear 10-11. My issue was width. I believe the length on the 10 was acceptabl but the width was painfully to tight on the sides of the arches and pinky toe. I dont recall for sure but I beleive they didnt come in 1/2 sizes so I got an 11 and they fit perfect all around. Other than thickness of the sole and the weight in comparison to my diesels which actually add to the comfort factor but detract from the driving factor, the only complaint I have is that the inserts seem to travel torward the heel a little while wearing them and each time I put them on I need to reach in and reposition them slightly ,no big deal except sometimes you can feel the insert bunching up a little on the back of your heel. I thought it was that they were maybe a little big but they fit perfectly all around so I am somewhat puzzled by this. Otherwise, they are my 2nd favorite shoes aside of the many diesels that I have had. I love the diesels but honestly the soles ware holes in them with in 6 months but that seems like the right time between a new set of sneaks anyway and they only cost $80-$90 so thats not too bad.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:50 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i rather like my vans.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:51 PM
BhashaZ

I have the Piloti G16 (size 13) and Spyder (size 12). If you want the G16 in that size, you can buy mine. I only wore them 3 times since I didn't really like them. They are Olive Green. The Spyders I thought I wouldn't like, but actually wore for a long time.

But honestly, I really love the Marc Ecko/Rhino Ultd. Turf. In fact, I bought 3 pair of them

(comes with black or white laces--I used black)

Old 06-29-2007, 02:16 PM
cbasil
Banned

i love my adidas goodyear racing shoes and my puma speedcats
Old 06-29-2007, 02:31 PM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by BhashaZ
I have the Piloti G16 (size 13) and Spyder (size 12). If you want the G16 in that size, you can buy mine. I only wore them 3 times since I didn't really like them. They are Olive Green. The Spyders I thought I wouldn't like, but actually wore for a long time.

But honestly, I really love the Marc Ecko/Rhino Ultd. Turf. In fact, I bought 3 pair of them

(comes with black or white laces--I used black)

What didn't you like about the G16? Why the diff sizes? I like the Prototipo, but it has more of a tennis shoe look and I want something that looks more casual.

Those shoes pictured look like great pure drivers, but I need something I can walk in as well. Like I said, I already have a pair similar in design to some of the Diesels/Adidas/Puma shoes with the thin, narrow soles, but they just aren't very comfortable if I have to walk in them. I've always wanted to try a pair of Pilotis; I just hate that I can't try them to find the perfect size for me.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:34 PM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by ObZeZZed
Yeah, I got the Prototipos, Black and Grey. I wear 10-11. My issue was width. I believe the length on the 10 was acceptabl but the width was painfully to tight on the sides of the arches and pinky toe. I dont recall for sure but I beleive they didnt come in 1/2 sizes so I got an 11 and they fit perfect all around.
Do you often have issues with shoes fitting too tight on the sides, or was it just Pilotis? Thinking I may just want to go with the 11.5 (they do offer half sizes) to be on the safe side; I just like my shoes to fit perfect and hate to take a guess when I can't try on several pair.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Derek Dee

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Do you often have issues with shoes fitting too tight on the sides, or was it just Pilotis? Thinking I may just want to go with the 11.5 (they do offer half sizes) to be on the safe side; I just like my shoes to fit perfect and hate to take a guess when I can't try on several pair.

Piloti's are narrow, but they seem to stretch a bit for a more custom fit. But they are def driving shoes. I had a pair of Piloti Monaco's I used to just wear around. About destroyed muh feet....

The Prototipo's came with a cool key fob too. Bonus.....
Old 06-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Derek Dee

Originally Posted by cbasil
i love my adidas goodyear racing shoes and my puma speedcats

Always wanted to try the GY Adidas, but the speedcats I had were crap. Fell apart really quick. And I even had the sparco edition speedcats////
Old 06-30-2007, 04:10 AM
cbasil
Banned

sorry to hear that derek, the first pair of GY Adidas, i had them for 2 years I think, went go karting with them all the time. and then some place called journeys down here in san diego had a sale one weekend so I got 2 more pairs, and the white and greens haven't wore yet. but will break them out for our Huntington Beach Meet today!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:07 PM
ObZeZZed

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
The Pilotis seemed to more narrrow than most other shoes, the ones that were too tight, fely like a pair of Hockey skateds I bought years ago. The 11s were perfect though.

I really like the sole on those Mark Ekos
Old 07-02-2007, 02:04 PM
MustGoFastR

I went ahead and ordered the G16 in an 11.5, since that's what I wear in athletic shoes like Nike. Guess we'll see how the are when they get here.