Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

biggest my350z.com pet peeve

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default biggest my350z.com pet peeve

ive been noticing more and more how people on this forum love to jump on the bandwagon and bomb on people especially noobies. As I see it more and more now people think that its funny to pick on someone when you do it "cowardly" behind a computer...

yes people do f*ck up, ask stupid questions, and bring up things which were on previous threads but you cant blame a new comer... yes he can use SEARCH but sometimes those previous threads dont answer their total question.

Like when Ric MR X got flamed on yesterday dood Ric's a cool guy i thought it was unecessary for alot of the folk to "bomb" on him. there are many other instances but come on how will the my350z community grow when there are people who just "prey" on others because maybe they think making fun of other folks out there will make their c*ck bigger...

the first meet i went to was a Supra meet in 2001 because my brother owned a 1994 Supra which was non-turbo at the time. i was invited by one of the Supra forum guys and i told him my car was NA because hey i was 19 years old at the time and i wasnt a spoiled a$$ asian kid who gets his car sponsored by "mommy" but he insisted i went and they totally made fun of me. Ironically 2 years later, my car got sponsored by Bomex and my car started coming up slowly. I was approached by some of these losers who didnt recognize the car in its current state and theyre like "Bro you should come out and check out the Supra meets, we would love to see you there" I was like dood why so i can get clowned on by your nerdy losers who made fun of me last time i went.... i totally embarrassed them and straight up said even though your car is faster and mines is still NA i still get more girls than you with your faster car.... ( the car later got a JDM 2JZGTE swap and became TT finally)

i hate to see the my350z community head in that direction because it seems like more and more people think theyre funny with their "stupid sarcastic jokes" what ever happened to "respect" and "common courtesy". There are many times i do see stupid things posted up but i dont even reply because whats the point of making fun of someone i was once a "noobie" in 2004.

word of advice:

-if you dont have anything nice to say dont even say it, you havent even met some of the people so dont be so quick to judge ones character based on their posts.....

-if you cannot stand their "dumb questions" tell them in person instead of behind the computer and be like "Bro you ask some stupid @$$ questions were you dropped when you were a baby?"

-we were all noobies at one point so cut them some slack a bit.....

-and lastly; look at yourself in the mirror and ask if you arent a joke yourself before you even start to make fun of others...

***no disrespect to anyone this isnt directed towards anyone in particular how will our community grow if we are to busy hating on each other instead of helping and educating each other out***

be safe have a great weekend you guys, hope you guys know where im coming from

peaceee
Old 08-04-2007, 02:20 PM
led

Although I agree with your post, and I have nothing against X, his thread was begging to get flamed. One of the older members posted the same thing and the same thing happened

https://my350z.com/forum/questionable-posts/291092-lol-great-website.html

But yeah, in general I think that people need to lighten up a little bit more because we all do stupid things every now and then.

Last edited by led; 08-04-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:28 PM
michaeljr6

Originally Posted by led
Although I agree with your post, and I have nothing against X, his thread was begging to get flamed. One of the older members posted the same thing and the same thing happened

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291092

But yeah, in general I think that people need to lighten up a little bit more because we all do stupid things every now and then.
i guess my350Z humor is FTL compare to the other forums i'm at. i just laugh and move on. again.....some ppl take the internet too seriously.

i don't joke around in the tech/FI area just the OT area
Old 08-04-2007, 02:32 PM
MR_X

Originally Posted by Boneout JZA80
Like when Ric MR X got flamed on yesterday dood Ric's a cool guy i thought it was unecessary for alot of the folk to "bomb" on him. there are many other instances but come on how will the my350z community grow when there are people who just "prey" on others because maybe they think making fun of other folks out there will make their c*ck bigger...
Ben you are awesome, that made me lol though.

I agree with Ben though. One of the reason why I don't come in here that often any more.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:35 PM
led

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
i guess my350Z humor is FTL compare to the other forums i'm at. i just laugh and move on. again.....some ppl take the internet too seriously.

i don't joke around in the tech/FI area just the OT area
I don't know. I thought your thread was funny. Although you got me while I was at work and I wanted to smack you upside the head for a second
Old 08-04-2007, 03:13 PM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by MR_X

I agree with Ben though. One of the reason why I don't come in here that often any more.

Rick you da man! I read that thread all the way through and I understand they went after you pretty hard. Some people can't take a joke and there are a lot of people like that out there. You're a great guy I know you personally and have helped me out on a lot of car issues and situations that I would not have trusted to go to someone else.

I personally found the link funny. Others didn't. Oh well it happens.

I too agree with you in the sense that I don't like coming to the forum as much as I did before due to others comments that do seem unnecessary and there are some that will flame and are unaffraid of getting banned.

It's all good and you're on my end dude!

******my personal biggest pet peeve is along the lines of what Boneout said in regards to people getting flamed over the "SEARCH" button. I know how to use it and sometimes there just might not be the right answer you are looking for out there but people just rag and rag and rag on the fact you didn't use the search engine, when you might actually have and not found the exact answer you were looking for.

-that's the biggest thing that has annoyed me about the site, I never ever seemed to have an issue with that on MR2OC.com, they seemed a lot more generous in certain instances, they might find the link for you... but not bash on you for not looking before or assuming that you didn't
Old 08-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno... I love this site. Out of all the cool people there are about 5 dumbasses ( I won't call any of you out... ) but all in all... it's all good fun.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:50 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on this. I've been to a few that you mentioned on the opening thread and they are totally like that. I've been to only a few 350z meets, you get a few douche bags here and there but most of them are cool. I just don't like the ones who like to make fun of other cars when other than their car, they've got nothing else going on for them in life. Everyone's got their own budget, some of us have deeper pockets, but that shouldn't seperate tuners/enthusiasts. Well said.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:53 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by led

Damn, I clicked the link, then I couldn't close that S***,

seriously though, there is WAY to much flaming, why can't we all just get along?
Old 08-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by led

I don't even think when people said "F*** You!" they said it in a serious way. More like when you're messing around with your buddies and he socks you in the arm and you say "F*** You!". I don't really see what the problem is.

Biggest pet peeve should be: How the SEARCH function sucks a$$ and how people should calm down when they say SEARCH! That gets me ticked off.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:17 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_X

ric you know i've got nothing but <3 for you......
Old 08-04-2007, 04:27 PM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by bugsbbunny
Biggest pet peeve should be: How the SEARCH function sucks a$$ and how people should calm down when they say SEARCH! That gets me ticked off.

haha thats exactly what I said in my post above! Sometimes the search just doesn't give you the exact answer you are looking for. I have been subject to the "use the search!!!!" flame before when I have actually searched and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Biggest pet peeve for me
Old 08-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Panda350z

hahaha Ben I couldn't have said it better! BAN! J/K! Seriously I never take anything or anyone on this board seriously. I am with you 100% of the way except for the few as mentioned above who seem to not level up from the noob status. Everyone needs to just chill and RELAX! It's the internet!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL I saw what Mr_X did...not that big of a deal? haha...I thought it was funny. How hard is it to enter "Control+ALT+Delete"???

In regards to people jumping on the bandwagon and bombing on people. For the most part I agree, but it's on a case by case basis. I just don't have respect for the guys that are SOOOOOO different with their online personalities compared to their real life personality being e-thugs and hide behind their keyboards when in person they are the most shy, dorkiest, people I have seen. Can you think of a few i'm referring to ben? hahaha I don't see a huge problem with someone that pretty much asks for it because it is the open internet and whenever you post anything the possibility of being scrutinized is there. There are many great contributors on this forum that have spit some venom at one point in time because they felt it was warranted, but for the most part have been great. It's hard to draw a fine line on how rude one can be...it's subjective.

However, it is an open forum and people can do as they please as long as they follow the forum guidelines and the admins/moderators use their judgment call and let whatever it is go because in the end...it is a "community" and there are many different personality types from many different backgrounds. Hence, some of the e-thugs that have ***** of steel while on here LOL. I personally do think sometimes posters do warrant "attacks" when they post dumb threads/posts just like in real life, but then again I bust people's ***** in person and on the internet as my personality is the same.

It just comes down to who u can and cannot mesh with just like in real-life. Not everything is going to be politically correct and always sugar coated because that is not realistic when we have close to 80,000 members on this site. For those that always say "it is only the internet"...sure it is but if someone in your area straight up called your chick a dogfaced hoe bag...i'm sure you would get offended and probably want to kick his azs in person. The only factor that comes in to play on that one is if it is probably true or not LOL (Example: That fat pig and that boy of a girl in that Media share thread in front of that Black Z)

Last edited by Rickdogg; 08-04-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:04 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boneout JZA80
the first meet i went to was a Supra meet in 2001 because my brother owned a 1994 Supra which was non-turbo at the time. i was invited by one of the Supra forum guys and i told him my car was NA because hey i was 19 years old at the time and i wasnt a spoiled a$$ asian kid who gets his car sponsored by "mommy" but he insisted i went and they totally made fun of me. Ironically 2 years later, my car got sponsored by Bomex and my car started coming up slowly. I was approached by some of these losers who didnt recognize the car in its current state and theyre like "Bro you should come out and check out the Supra meets, we would love to see you there" I was like dood why so i can get clowned on by your nerdy losers who made fun of me last time i went.... i totally embarrassed them and straight up said even though your car is faster and mines is still NA i still get more girls than you with your faster car.... ( the car later got a JDM 2JZGTE swap and became TT finally)

i hope you are asian. But yeah, i agree with you. I try to not to saythings if i don't have or need to especially if it won't help the situation.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:10 PM
michaeljr6

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
i hope you are asian. But yeah, i agree with you. I try to not to saythings if i don't have or need to especially if it won't help the situation.
he's white
Old 08-05-2007, 12:51 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
he's white
LOL shut up michael..
Old 08-05-2007, 01:04 AM
michaeljr6

pshhhhhhhhh