Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Southern California Cruise 2008 (NO 56K)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:06 PM
breakyoselfvq35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rglbegl
You are getting so argumentitive.
Every road you named are all on the same set of hills. I have lived in Santiago. Drove live oak every day to work. Madjeska is reverse cambered Bullcrap. It is not technical at all.

BTW - I shouldn't need examples. But just for entertainment purposes ;

. you want some good roads. Look at 'murrieta-de luz road. Scandia creek. (--Both in the same hill you drive in.) Sage road. Route 74 in Palm Springs. Wilson Valley road. Montezuma to highway S2. Highway 79, hwy 76, hwy78, hwy 371

And don't try to mention Palomar mountain
Those are fantastic roads, but way out of that way. Have you seen where we meet up? And the reason why im getting arguemenative is because your just like the GMR guys . You think that the canyons you run are it. That every other road is not as good. Honestly, i dont care about any of those roads. I just want to have a fun, long, cruise. please, lets just end this arguement cause frankly, i dont care. You win, i loose, ortega is crap.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:22 PM
rglbegl

No worries. I thought you were going for a cruise. And any good roads are a little far from you. Kinda sucks you have to settle for what you have locally.
Just trying to help.

And I am nothing like the GMR guys. read back a little.

BTW - The canyons I run are are not 'it'. I know there are many more. But when compared to what you have mentioned so far . . . I will stick with the good roads.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:22 PM
jEEd

so lets get some more diversity up in this cruise :P i dont wanna be the only lame domestic...
Old 12-11-2007, 09:26 PM
jEEd

haha guess what i found out ? i know TimeAttkZ's brother Jason :P who will be coming either in his bro's Z or his stang.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Mike@JTuned

wow this looks like fun. lets hope for some good weather!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:36 AM
THE TECH

I have attended many, many "cruises" before. When you start involving other car groups, it turns into a macho fest to see who can beat whom. I've seen my fair share of accidents caused by this. Be careful!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:58 AM
breakyoselfvq35

Originally Posted by THE TECH
I have attended many, many "cruises" before. When you start involving other car groups, it turns into a macho fest to see who can beat whom. I've seen my fair share of accidents caused by this. Be careful!
Thanks for your concern. As I said earlier, this cruise is just a cruise (with a lot of photos). Im just trying to get these people together, and if they decide to go race or do something stupid, it is not my place to stop them.
I will remind all the drivers to keep this a cruise. Im not going to stop them because i cant. I will encourage them not to race, but eventualy, it's all their choice. I invited the people from evolutionm.net, rx7club, rx8club, and just posted somthing on supraforums.com.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...89#post5640589
Old 12-12-2007, 08:11 AM
rglbegl

If you do not invite the MR2 people (mr2oc.com) They will somehow find out about it and raid in full force. But if you invite them . . . none will come.

BTW - If you want a great round trip cruise ; Off the end of ortega, turn right on Grand. Take it till it dead ends in to Clinton Keith, make a right and you will be in the south side of the same hill as ortega. It has great oaks and custom houses. Awesome drive. And if you are looking for a huge circle route, it will take you to the 76 to get home. Or just make it a circle, then back over Ortega.

Last edited by rglbegl; 12-12-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:53 AM
breakyoselfvq35

Originally Posted by rglbegl
If you do not invite the MR2 people (mr2oc.com) They will somehow find out about it and raid in full force. But if you invite them . . . none will come.

BTW - If you want a great round trip cruise ; Off the end of ortega, turn right on Grand. Take it till it dead ends in to Clinton Keith, make a right and you will be in the south side of the same hill as ortega. It has great oaks and custom houses. Awesome drive. And if you are looking for a huge circle route, it will take you to the 76 to get home. Or just make it a circle, then back over Ortega.
Let them raid. I don't give a flying f***. Thanks for the recommendation on the road. I don't know where grand is, but there is a sweet road called s main drive. It reminds me of a rally segmant. Im not going to take everyone on it because it is mostly gravel and bumpy. wonderful views though. Ill think about taking the 76 on the way back.
How about this? I think i could've gone a bit overboard... lol
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...54321&z=9&om=1
Old 12-12-2007, 10:37 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

8+ hours? woah.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:41 AM
rglbegl

Grand is where ortega ends.

Between M and L, make a westward turn. The roads in Fallbrook are the best in the area.
The 371 to 74 to Palm Springs is great too.
Again, Palomar mountain . .. expect TONS of traffic. It is a 10mph road when you have granny in front of you with No where to pass.

Let me see if I can get this to work

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...51196&z=9&om=0

Pretty long drive for most of us. But it includes the creek/oak trees of Fallbrook, all the way to the desert of Palm Springs.
The final downhill to Palm Springs has a look-out where you can see about 15 corners all the way down. Great for photos or video. And if you have 2 guys with cell phones, you can have an eagle eye watch the traffic.

or here is the short version

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...5598&z=10&om=0

Last edited by rglbegl; 12-12-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:43 AM
D'sNuts

im 18.. would i be the youngest one there with a z and kind of an outcast (as far as age) I want to go though since i live in Murrieta/Temecula and the Or tega is a route i take often to get to oc.. if im ok then please put me down as a maybe and ill confirm for a deffinate spot later
Old 12-12-2007, 10:49 AM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D'sNuts
im 18.. would i be the youngest one there with a z and kind of an outcast (as far as age) I want to go though since i live in Murrieta/Temecula and the Or tega is a route i take often to get to oc.. if im ok then please put me down as a maybe and ill confirm for a deffinate spot later

i thought you had to be atleast 21 to go on a cruise.........

j/k

go man, have fun. im sure nobody really cares how old you are as long as you dont act like a dumb ***.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 AM
breakyoselfvq35

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
i thought you had to be atleast 21 to go on a cruise.........

j/k

go man, have fun. im sure nobody really cares how old you are as long as you dont act like a dumb ***.
Im planning this cruise and im 18. I dont care what people think because i know im not a bad driver, and im not doing anything stupid. I accualy had a guy in his mid 40's in an sl500 try to race me. I looked at him and said, "are you f***in serious!?" morons... race is for track, cruise is for street.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 AM
rglbegl

If you live in Temecula, Thursday night at In-n-Out(Jefferson, between Winchester and Rancho Cal) and Friday night at Del Taco.(Ynez and Rancho Cal)
Old 12-12-2007, 10:55 AM
breakyoselfvq35

rglbegl, you have to understand that i want to take the 243. all other roads are secondary. I realy want to take the 243, so your revisions should include it.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:11 AM
rglbegl

243 is HI-PO Territory. Cool run though.

How about something like this? It would end in Banning, so freeway it home, but it includes a couple REALLY cool roads.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...5598&z=10&om=0
Old 12-12-2007, 11:28 AM
D'sNuts

rglbegl, im at In n out every thrursday.. starting a couple of weeks ago (grey 07 names Justin) sorry for getting off topic this will be a fun cruise
Old 12-12-2007, 11:43 AM
rglbegl

rglbegl, im at In n out every thrursday.. starting a couple of weeks ago (grey 07 names Justin) sorry for getting off topic this will be a fun cruise
Wazzup Justin, I am Beagle (last name, but with a name like that, who needs a first name)

You and I should meet up with them at the Ortega lookout. That way we can take the good part twice
Old 12-12-2007, 11:57 AM
D'sNuts

yea man that would be chill, is the original meeting spot on the San Juan Capistrano side of the ortega? i was trying to look at their locations and couldent find one at this Terrance Plaza to find out.. but if so then yea Beagle we should do that only because im not sure if i would want to drive all the way up the ortega to meet then back down again (but if thats what it takes!) what do you plan on doing

Last edited by D'sNuts; 12-12-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Southern California Cruise 2008 (NO 56K)