Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Southern California Cruise 2008 (NO 56K)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 12:02 PM
rglbegl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, they are all meeting on the OC side, then heading to the lookout. If we meet them there, we can sleep in and avoid the construction.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:29 PM
D'sNuts

hmm this just may be what im going to do.. if i had to meet there between 6:30-7:00 i would have to leave my house around 5:30 i dont know about that one haha.. what's your say on that Breakyourself?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Danny@Touge
Banned

hey im 18 too!!
Old 12-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Equinox

Very ambitious route you have planned out. With stops for gas, photos, and just due to the number of cars involved, your route will probably take closer to 10 hours. Just something to consider. Have fun and be safe out there.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:37 PM
breakyoselfvq35

Originally Posted by D'sNuts
yea man that would be chill, is the original meeting spot on the San Juan Capistrano side of the ortega? i was trying to look at their locations and couldent find one at this Terrance Plaza to find out.. but if so then yea Beagle we should do that only because im not sure if i would want to drive all the way up the ortega to meet then back down again (but if thats what it takes!) what do you plan on doing
no, we are meeting on the rancho santa marg part. At antonio. If you go on the 74, and make a left at antonio (im assuming your coming from the 5 frway) and then you will make a right at terrance. its about 5 miles from the 74 and antonio intersection.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:47 PM
breakyoselfvq35

OK. Thank you very much rglbegl for the route recomendations. Im going to take your idea, and im going to add a bit to it. I want to take all the swervy sections i can, and the part of the 74 (next to the 243) is not that swervy. Here is the route you planned, with some additions and minor changes.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...3858&z=11&om=0
Old 12-12-2007, 02:59 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just a question.. you keep emphasizing that this is only going to be a CRUISE and not a RUN.. so why do you want to take so many "curvy" roads? curves aren't too fun when you're going close to the speed limit and actually end up causing a lot of backup/traffic when you've got a caravan going.

if you truly want to keep it a [somewhat legal] cruise, i'd recommend making your route MUCH shorter, and a little less action-packed.

also.. you also keep saying that you're not responsible for the way others drive.. i'm sorry but that's an awful mindset to have when organizing a cruise/run. ground rules need to be layed and people need to stick to them. you must be clear whether this is a cruise or a run because they're going to attract a different set of drivers. people who come for a chill cruise are NOT going to want to be stuck with a group of fast-and-furious wannabe's. at the same time, people who want to truly run the roads are going to hate being stuck behind what they deem to be granny drivers. having the fast drivers in the front and the slow ones in the back doesn't always work either.. all too often the pack in the back gets left behind and/or lost.

don't take any of this as an insult, please.. as from your posts you seem a little hotheaded [i blame your age ]. just some pointers to consider. and YES i'm speaking from experience. .i've organized quite a few angeles crest area runs and cruises, and have attended even more.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:27 PM
breakyoselfvq35

Thanks for the info Dirty Z. I was a little angry at my brother when i posted those other posts, and i needed to vent. Unfortuantly, i vented on someone who was trying to help me... Sorry!
Ok... now for the in depth analysis. I will post it on the first post as an edit. Thanks for your recommendations.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Danny@Touge
Banned

so where are we meeting up then for those of us that are meeting up with u guys at farmer boys?? i dont see that part anymore in the plan??
Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's too much going on here. These are all fine roads, but you can't expect to run them all in one day, especially with a decent size group.

Ortega is a run in itself, so is deluz and so is the 243.

If the 243 is really the road you want to run, you should just run that road and connect with the 74 to finish in Palm Desert. I've done this "pine to palms" run a few times and with a stop to eat, it's plenty of driving for one day. You could even run it back in the other direction if you're so inclined.

Oh and don't post your whole route with maps included. "Cruise" or not, you're just asking for trouble. Anyhow, hope you have fun.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:51 PM
TayTaythatsme04

Originally Posted by rglbegl
If you live in Temecula, Thursday night at In-n-Out(Jefferson, between Winchester and Rancho Cal) and Friday night at Del Taco.(Ynez and Rancho Cal)

People still show up these days ? ? I thought that started to slow down?

T
Old 12-13-2007, 12:04 AM
TayTaythatsme04

A couple of suggestions because Ive seen my fair share of cruises and runs setup up here in Socal.

You doing a good job with trying to get this setup early and you have a plan from the start.

You have a lot of advise being handed out in this thread, I would take that into account and then make some changes to your route and plan. You will still have a great cruise but you will probably get a lot more support and probably get a lot more people to join.

But thats just my 2 cents

Again not flaming you or anything, just a suggestion.

Looks like a fun run either way.

T
Old 12-13-2007, 10:21 AM
breakyoselfvq35

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
A couple of suggestions because Ive seen my fair share of cruises and runs setup up here in Socal.

You doing a good job with trying to get this setup early and you have a plan from the start.

You have a lot of advise being handed out in this thread, I would take that into account and then make some changes to your route and plan. You will still have a great cruise but you will probably get a lot more support and probably get a lot more people to join.

But thats just my 2 cents

Again not flaming you or anything, just a suggestion.

Looks like a fun run either way.

T
I understand and i thank all of those who are handing in advise. I do have many changes comming, but im not posting a new post, im mearly editing the first post. And dont worry about flaming anymore... Last time i flamed was because i needed to vent. Sorry again for anyone who got caught in the crossfire! Im not that much of an a$$ (I hope...).
Old 12-13-2007, 06:00 PM
D'sNuts

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
People still show up these days ? ? I thought that started to slow down?

T
yea they show up.. probably more than ever now, pretty amusing if you like to watch a bunch of ricers and a evo club make fools of them selfs and get pulled over right after that
Old 12-13-2007, 07:47 PM
rglbegl

If you would like, I can go pre-run the whole section from the bottom of ortega highway all the way through palm springs. Since I will be in the area 2 days before the run, I can make sure the road is in good condition, And find the easiest gas station to hit for a quick break.
I will also offer to lead through DeLuz. It is probably the only part that has a couple of sketchy spots that will screw you if you are not ready for them. I can definately set a good pace, but I am more of a cruiser than a carver.

Last edited by rglbegl; 12-13-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:49 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

great edit to the first post, op
Old 12-13-2007, 08:51 PM
TayTaythatsme04

Originally Posted by D'sNuts
yea they show up.. probably more than ever now, pretty amusing if you like to watch a bunch of ricers and a evo club make fools of them selfs and get pulled over right after that

^^With ricers there are usually cops, probably a reason why I would stay away from there. Last thing you want it stupid ricers bringing cops around.

T
Old 12-14-2007, 09:27 AM
breakyoselfvq35

Originally Posted by rglbegl
If you would like, I can go pre-run the whole section from the bottom of ortega highway all the way through palm springs. Since I will be in the area 2 days before the run, I can make sure the road is in good condition, And find the easiest gas station to hit for a quick break.
I will also offer to lead through DeLuz. It is probably the only part that has a couple of sketchy spots that will screw you if you are not ready for them. I can definately set a good pace, but I am more of a cruiser than a carver.
IF you realy feel it's needed. I realy have no idea how many people are going to come. I have about 10 people on the list, but people keep saying that more will come when it gets closer to the date. When it comes to the gas stations, i don tthink we should worry. When we are done with ortega, im expecting a hour to hour 1/2 break for people to eat and gas up. The road conditions should be pretty good for a saturday morning, and there are plenty of gas station in the immediate area. My only concern is that people will not pay attention to the time and forget to come back in time.
If you want to lead, you can go ahead. Just know, that if you are going to lead the group, you are responsible to find stopping areas and help if someone falls behind (like a flat tire, engine trouble, etc.). I will hopefully be right behind you if you do, so i can do most of that if it is needed. I suggest bringing some extra quarts of oil if your engine has a tendency to burn!!
Old 12-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Korki Buchek

As I said in your feeler thread, I'm definitely interested. Right now it is going to depend on me getting some suspension/braking issues squared away. For now, count me in as a "maybe." It looks like an awesome run.

Also, anyone in OC, like rglbegl, please send me a PM regarding the canyons and other interesting roads in the area. I haven't found any since I've been down from LA.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:34 PM
breakyoselfvq35

Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
As I said in your feeler thread, I'm definitely interested. Right now it is going to depend on me getting some suspension/braking issues squared away. For now, count me in as a "maybe." It looks like an awesome run.

Also, anyone in OC, like rglbegl, please send me a PM regarding the canyons and other interesting roads in the area. I haven't found any since I've been down from LA.
Check out GMR. Or, I like this site. www.lateralg.org

Quick Reply: Southern California Cruise 2008 (NO 56K)