Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

So...Car was totaled today sitting in traffic

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:47 AM
key_darren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

goddamn! glad that your okay and live to tell about it.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:19 PM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by Allen331
Update

Car was deemed a total loss today by the insurance. Guess it's time to move on to bigger and better things. I'm probably going to get another Z, but at the moment, i'm trying to salvage as many parts as I can from the wreck. I don't know if it will be worth it to have my car towed to a mechanics shop to take off my high flow cats or to just leave them, and buy another set.

As far as the new z is concerned, this time, it will be a 6MT for sure. My 07 was an automatic, and although it provided more than enough power, I can't say that it was very exhilrating to drive. I'm torn between another pikes peak white, or nogaro red. Guess we'll wait and see.

Now, i just want to find that douchebag that hit me. If anybody can provide me the license plate for this *** hat, i'll paypal some reward money asap.

Thanks again to everyone in this community for the kind words and support. Drive safe everybody

-Allen

will you be able to afford an 08? or are you in the hole for some of what was owed on the 07? I know as soon as the car leaves the lot it drops like 4K in price so I was wondering if the insurance gave you enough to pay off the 07 without being in the hole a couple grand unless you have the extra gap coverage on your policy.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:58 PM
G35Rider92649

May be a rude question, but what nationality was this guy? What kind of class of person is he? I mean to run away, doesn't sound like a typical citizen ya kno.....

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and Im glad you're ok, Im pissed off my self now to see that someone actually just ram someone like that and drive off, what if you were hurt? Holy sh*t, that is ridiculous, may whoever he worships punish his ***, and if not go to hell I hope karma wipes him good
Old 04-10-2008, 08:41 PM
nooooorb

Glad to know you're OK, man. Take care of your back (relax and no heavy lifting), if you stress it in your condition you'll have serious issues down the line.

I sure hope the police find that asswipe... Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:56 AM
Fooshe

Default see prior post

Originally Posted by G35Rider92649
May be a rude question, but what nationality was this guy? What kind of class of person is he? I mean to run away, doesn't sound like a typical citizen ya kno.....

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and Im glad you're ok, Im pissed off my self now to see that someone actually just ram someone like that and drive off, what if you were hurt? Holy sh*t, that is ridiculous, may whoever he worships punish his ***, and if not go to hell I hope karma wipes him good

Check post #90. He gives you the basics of what the guy looked like.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:01 AM
NickRaine78

Thats over 20k in damage.....totaled and if they try to tell you otherwise fight it!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Fooshe

Default huh?

Originally Posted by merm85
i got a lawyer right away, but itwas the other persons fault. however this wasn't your fault either. And you should check with your insurance if they cover your Dr because they usually do, and then you should go visit him .
What the Lawyer does for you is take 33% of what you would already get. Hell, I'll give you the same advice for free. If you need some help or have questions, I'd be glad to help you out. Z guys gotta stick together.

What he probably means is see if your policy has Medical Payments coverage and/or Uninsured Motorist coverage. If not, you have no medical coverage for yourself. And if you didn't have the coverage, time to get a new agent that will cover you right.

Yes, I am a prior claims adjuster that is now an insurance agent. Yes, I know what I am talking about and yes, I hate it when insurance people don't do their jobs and just collect commissions all freakin' day. I insure quite a few guys and girls on the fourm and try to do a good job for them.

I forgot which member posted this, but the comment on Gap coverage is a good one. On any new car, I would get Gap coverage if you have a loan on the car. This type of loss is exactly why I say that. Most people would be upside down in the car and would actually loose money on the accident. That sucks because the whole premise of insurance is to make you whole again after the loss.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:07 AM
fast kiwi

what a pieace of crap... make me so angry.. wish some one was able to follow him...

Glad you're ok..
Old 04-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Allen331

Originally Posted by Fooshe
What the Lawyer does for you is take 33% of what you would already get. Hell, I'll give you the same advice for free. If you need some help or have questions, I'd be glad to help you out. Z guys gotta stick together.

What he probably means is see if your policy has Medical Payments coverage and/or Uninsured Motorist coverage. If not, you have no medical coverage for yourself. And if you didn't have the coverage, time to get a new agent that will cover you right.

Yes, I am a prior claims adjuster that is now an insurance agent. Yes, I know what I am talking about and yes, I hate it when insurance people don't do their jobs and just collect commissions all freakin' day. I insure quite a few guys and girls on the fourm and try to do a good job for them.

I forgot which member posted this, but the comment on Gap coverage is a good one. On any new car, I would get Gap coverage if you have a loan on the car. This type of loss is exactly why I say that. Most people would be upside down in the car and would actually loose money on the accident. That sucks because the whole premise of insurance is to make you whole again after the loss.
Thanks for the advice Fooshe. Oh, about your car...I think i'm going to stick with another pre-owned 07, or another 08 depending on what kind of deal I can get. Thanks for your offer though
Old 04-11-2008, 08:32 AM
I1DER

Originally Posted by Fooshe
On any new car, I would get Gap coverage if you have a loan on the car. This type of loss is exactly why I say that.
If you put more down than the depreciation would be the first year, why would you pay for Gap coverage on "any new car" with a car loan?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:24 AM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I1DER
If you put more down than the depreciation would be the first year, why would you pay for Gap coverage on "any new car" with a car loan?

i'm pretty sure he's talking about in the situation of the opposite that you described. Of course if you put 15k down on your 30k car, gap is not needed. But often times, people will walk into a dealer and put nothing down and walk out with a car. Just like all the radio commercials you hear "NOTHING OUT OF YOUR POCKET!! UNIVERSAL CITY NISSAN!"
Old 04-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Fooshe

Default Gap insurance

Originally Posted by I1DER

That is a great question simply because most people have don't think about that.

The simple answer is: it depends. The reason why I say that is because it all depends on the type of car you buy, the rate at which it depreciates and how much you actually put down. Of course, if you have a good deal of money, you should never put a large amount of money into a depreciating asset. If you use your money wisely, you can let your money make you money while you pay on the vehicle instead of obligating your capital.

That being said, if you are putting 30% down on any new car, you will most likely be ahead of the game and don't need Gap coverage. I would say that a 25% head start on depreciation is a pretty safe bet and I might think twice about getting it. But if you are talking about a new Z vs. an American car, you might be taking a bigger chance than most would like to. I use 35% as the rule of thumb for the cut off on purchasing Gap coverage.

You also have to think ahead and ask yourself what is the rate of depreciation of the car I am buying? The tough part is being able to predict what the car will do in the future. Look at the Porsche Cayanne/VW Tourag...those cars have tanked in value and nobody would have seen those types of percentages coming.

Bottomline is that you just want to make sure that in the event of a total loss or total theft of any asset you still owe money on that the coverage is at least equal to your obligation.

Last edited by Fooshe; 04-11-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:27 PM
itsjiggajames

UPDATE!

The asshat was caught today
Old 04-12-2008, 08:36 PM
SOCAL350

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
UPDATE!

Thats great news! You know how they got him?
Old 04-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

UPDATE!

That's excellent news!!

Now how many pints of blood will it take to replace the Z?
Old 04-12-2008, 09:27 PM
9kFever

UPDATE!

More info!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Allen331

Alright so here's what happened. This guy is a total idiot for doing it, but good for me

So he waits a week after the accident (today), and goes to a different CHP office to report an accident. He walks in there trying to make up a different story on how his car was hit, and apparently, the officer that was helping him at the time was previously notified about the accident, and called up the officer that helped me at the scene. The police officer that helped me at the scene questioned him about the accident that he had "supposedly" got in, and dug himself a hole he could never get out of. He said he had gotten in an accident with a white nissan, and never swapped information (no ****). The officer than asked him if it was last saturday on the 210 west and 605 area, and he said yes. The officer than asked him why he left the scene, and didn't bother to stay, and this is what he said.

"I told them that I was going to park the car on the side, and I wasn't able to find a spot to pull over, so I exited the freeway. I waited for them to come, and they never did, so I left."

The officer than says:
"After the accident, if nobody showed up, why didn't you notify the police?"

Man goes:
"Well I didn't know what exit I got off of, and I was lost. I had no idea where I was, so I just didn't bother."

Bottom line is this. Both the officer, and I know the guy is ********ting. The cop is hoing to basically try and file the hit and run. The guy also has insurance...soo...FUKC YEA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:33 PM
ownZ

Sweet deal bro. Hope everything else sways in your favor.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Allen331

Thanks man, everything is slowly going as planned. My car, although hardly mobile, was brought to performance nissan today to have my HFC taken off. More money saved for me = more mods for next car. Woo
Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 PM
annahandres

Awesome I'm so glad that fcker got caught!!! Although it still is going to suck to replace your car at least that dude got his. I hope he gets in trouble for fleeing the scene of an accident he caused!

Quick Reply: So...Car was totaled today sitting in traffic