Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

What do you guys think of the charges against Kobe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 02:38 PM
BullishZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think of the charges against Kobe?

Regarding his charges of sexual assault. I say it's just some girl trying to get rich quick. He is such a nice guy! So clean and pure!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:45 PM
NissaNZ

Probably just some stupid b|tch trying to get some money out of him. After all isn't that what women are good for, ruining men's lives.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:52 PM
OC_350Z

I think a married man shouldn't have another chick up in his hotel room......unless his wife is there too
Old 07-08-2003, 03:35 PM
iris

No way. He didn't do it. And I'm not even a fan.

If it had been ANYBODY ELSE in the NBA (except maybe Shaq, b/c I know he's all religious and plus he likes to play policeman on the side), I would be more believing.

But Kobe's wife is HOOTTT. Not that that matters, but still.... Plus he loves her so much - he gave up his dad for her (his dad is estranged from Kobe b/c he married outside his race).

He just seems like a really clean guy with a good head on his shoulders and the brightest future there is. I don't think he would have messed it up.

AND, FYI, the LA Times reported that Colorado has a VERY BROAD definition of sexual assault, which includes anything from "coerced touching to rape." So if it turns out that Kobe grabbed her ***, okay then, I can believe that. But Mike Tyson rape, I just don't see it.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:56 PM
peterhong

How quick everybody is to find everybody guilty, for example Iverson, but when the golden child Kobe gets accused of something of this nature, everybody says no way. You gotta remember this kid got married real early. I dont care how hot his wife is, when you lock down that early and you are a high profile person, can you imagine the women that are throwing themselves at him and you gotta wonder if he ever thinks about it. Remember he is still a guy. These charges dont just come out of nowhere. Something happened, as minor as it may be, but something did happen. Maybe I'm saying all this cause I despise the Lakers, but the police did find enough physical evidence to warrant an arrest. A simple *** grab wouldnt equal a charge of sexual assault. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:23 PM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least The Glove is signing with the Lake show for next season!
Old 07-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Tenn_SZ
Banned

Innocent until proven guilty...

I like how the media is portraying him as a monster. He let's get the facts and then base it on that. Not speculation.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:03 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

all i haveto say is

Billie Jean is not my lover
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one

and

For forty days and forty nights
The law was on her side
But who can stand when she's in demand
Her schemes and plans
'Cause we danced on the floor in the round
So take my strong advice, just remember to think twice
Old 07-08-2003, 08:15 PM
dbpoet

I find it interesting that when a famous and popular sports star is accused of a crime most of the people responding are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt or agree that he should be innocent until proven guilty. But when when the question on the board was about Scott Pederson almost everyone was about ready to take him out and lynch him. Go figure, I guess you are only allowed due process if you're someone famous.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Tenn_SZ
Banned

yeah, Kobe had a wad of cash, changed his hair color and passport ready when they arrested him.... Wait.

There are some diffrences here. Inital sentiment for Scott Pederson was "Oh poor guy. This is a tradgedy". Everyone felt sorry for him. But, as facts (i use facts loosely) were leaking out. More and more evidence started pointing towrard him. Scott Peterson is not as innocent as he appears. Innocent until proven guilty? Yes. But, there is a lot of circumstancial evidence pointing to him. (Granted Circumstancial will not get you anywhere in court. "Lawyers, your take on circumstancial evidnece")

Next, with Kobe, DA sealed all the information so we have no idea what even transpired. Sexual offenses should never be taken lightly. And the woman's statement should be acted upon quickly. But, to tread an somones reputation before any facts have been disclosed is given is absurd. Let's say there is not enough to move the case forward or he is found innocent. How the hell Kobe supposed to get his reputation back. It's too late the damage has been done.

Granted athelets do not have the greatest track record. Hell whenever athlete gets arrested I usually think, "Oh, what now??!!" Do I feel sorry for Kobe. Somewhat. He should have never put himself in that position. Did he have sex with her? My opinion, Yes. Was it Sexuall Assault. My opinion, probably no. I don't know Kobe, but it doesn't seem like his style. The only thing Kobe is guilty of, if he did have sex with her, is Poor Judgement and Adultry. Because Vanessa is bangin'.

OJ was famous and most of America felt that he was guilty before it even went to trial. Except for those 12 in the jury that found him innocent.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:17 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

i love the line in barbershop:
and we gotta start admitting that OJ was guilty