Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

just got into an accident two hours ago

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 02:39 PM
aggrzv1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry just got into an accident two hours ago

i just got into an accident two hours ago............i was out for lunch and some girl in a '02 civic, who happens to be speeding in the zone right of the right lane, where people park and isht, slams into my passenger side door...............the side impact airbags go off from the door and the roof...........the z shifts laterally for maybe like a foot or two........and then i'm at a complete stop............the car is still on, and the air conditioning wasn't fazed either...........my passenger side door is sealed shut, and not only that but its caving in about a half a foot from where it is supposed to be, complete obstructing my passenger ......... so now i'm all screaming the f word at the top of my lungs cause i love my z and now its all messed up..........i go and buy a disposable camera and take pictures of my z and her civic and even the road and trafic signs and stuff, 24 or 27 exposures or something like that...............the accident was a half a block away from gardena nissan, so i drove it there after the cop showed up and the incident report was filed and we exchanged information .................. I get this dude Dave Okamoto, the service dept manager on my cell, and talk to him about my situation, this dude totally takes care of me...........this is where i bought my car and have it serviced by the way.............my car is at gardena nissan right now, about to get moved over to a body shop to access damages and all that good stuff.............

this just happened people!

its is now 3:30pm on the 17th of july 2003................MY CAR WAS IN PERFECT CONDITION TWO AND A HALF HOURS AGO!!!!!!

this sucks really bad...............after just having went to the Angeles Crest Run too.................

I was going to have my nismo intake installed in two weeks.........
and now look where i am.............freak!

my passenger is ok and so is everyone else, but it sucks cause now my z is all messed up

Thank God everyone is ok............as much as i love my z, i value someones life and health far above anything else

I'll post the pictures as soon as i get them........damn!.......this totally bites!!!!!

My z is one of the first 110 cars built too...............the vin number is 000--- , where --- is less than 110

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

i hope i get a new car out of this, although my z had its own personality, we've been thru sooooo much together..............new transmission, new rear axel, the whole hooking up the audio thing, new brake job, the AC Run this past weekend, and 18,000 miles of fun fun fun.....still remember how it was one of the first zs to arrive to LA, the first two that came to Gardena Nissan, one was mine, and the other was a redline touring that belongs to the head neurologist at UCLA cedar sinai medical center..........

We'll see where this takes me...........
Old 07-17-2003, 02:50 PM
daytona350z

dude thats sux!!!

im soo sorry! good thing is that no one was hurt tho.

its freakin crazy out on the streets these days now, dunno how people sometimes get their license.

sorry bout that accident
Old 07-17-2003, 02:58 PM
aggrzv1

Angry awww......just look at it, it was soo nice

this is a before picture from the AC Run a couple of days ago

from left to right:

my baby, my girl, and me
Attached Thumbnails just got into an accident two hours ago-untitled.jpg  
Old 07-17-2003, 03:07 PM
nwind21

Ah sh*t bro... that sucks too. I just saw your car the other day on the AC run.

Hope it works out.
Old 07-17-2003, 03:33 PM
MastaKillaZ

I feel for you man... but I'm glad no one was hurt... as bad as it seems, remember it could have been much worse.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:17 PM
CMJ

Ahh that totally sux man. I feel for you. I don't even know what I would do if someone smacked me. And I even sat in your ride @ the AC meet too. Cross your fingers for a total-out on the ride, cuz once a car takes a hit that hard, it'll never be the same.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:28 PM
nooooorb

Default ADVICE - Everyone should have a camera!

Sorry to hear about that, man. Good thing everyone is okay. There are just some people who shouldn't drive - such as this girl and that elderly man in Santa Monica.

Since she was at-fault, I hope she has a good insurance (who doesn't give you a run-around).

In any case, we all should carry cameras in our cars for situations such as these, be it disposable or digital or whatever.

Good luck to you and keep us updated.

Old 07-17-2003, 04:29 PM
aggrzv1

if its not fixable, i want a new car out of this, cause i just know that my z just wont ever be the same

what will her insurance company do, if the car is deemed "salvage"

damn!.........

it hurts even to refer to my z as "salvage"

try it guys...............say it with me "my car is salvage"...........

.........gives me a sick feeling to my stomach just saying it

thanks for the support guys
Old 07-17-2003, 04:38 PM
nooooorb

I can't even fathom it... "My 350Z is a salvage!"... Nope! Sorry, it doesn't work.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:49 PM
dczoner

The only upside there could possibly be is if it is mostly just aesthetic damage (ie not bent frame, etc), then any aftermarket stuff you want to do is within reach. For instance, if you wanted to do a new front end, then most aftermarket front ends cost LESS than a Nissan brand front end. The side valences for most body kits i've seen are replacements, etc. So if they're gonna have to do a bunch of work, you may be able to get a mod'd ride out of this (if its something you were even thinking about).

I'm not trying to make light of your situation, I don't think any of us want to see their Z's broken. But, if you want to get some new work done to your car - now's the time!

Take care. Good luck with this whole mess, I hope it clears up right.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:27 PM
OC_350Z

Hey Angel, I'm glad you and your passenger are okay. I'm really sorry about your car. I didn't know that it was such an early model. If the damage what you describe, they may totall the car. I have read on this board that they have totalled Z's due to lack of replacement parts. Maybe you could be the first one in L.A. with a new 04' Liquid Metal Z. Again, glad you are okay man.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:48 PM
importriders

Awww man that totally blows. Why does all the bad ish happen to all the good people?!?!? Anyways, good to hear that no one was hurt. Stay up bro.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:24 PM
iris

damn Angel, that REALLY REALLY sucks.

I always feel bad for Z accidents and this one is SO SO MUCH WORSE b/c I've actually met you and b/c you're a cool dude.

Keep us posted....
Old 07-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Wicked4u2c

I hate accidents, no matter how much you tell yourself the car will never be the same. Specially if it has frame damage. Our cars use aluminum parts where if they have to weld or whatever, aluminum is very expensice and most body shops don't even weld aluminum. I heard its as expensive as $60.00 a foot or something like that a weld. Anyhow, cars can be replaced but people can't. Consider that a win I guess...
Old 07-17-2003, 07:18 PM
SizongZ

OH bro!!! I have tear in my eye. Sorry to hear that happen. I would try and work all the angles and see what you can get out of it. I totally feel you on the attached feeling though. My celica, the one that my friend isaac drove on the AC run, was rear ended by a drunk driver and was nearly totaled. I could have probably got a new car out of it... but that car is so fun to drive.
Good luck though. Hope things work out.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Z4KR

Hey Angel, real sorry to hear about your car man. I hope everything works out for ya. Glad everyone is safe. Good luck!
Old 07-17-2003, 09:55 PM
jeffa

Angel, Dude, sorry to hear the news!

I'm glad no one was hurt, and to take a positive spin on this, I'm sure all will be right in the end...
Old 07-17-2003, 10:13 PM
AmyCroft

Default Angel...unreal

Angel,

Please hang in there, the insurance has got to consider it a total. Then when you get the new Z, all will be right in the world..

Then, let me buy the car for part's and I'll put the 3.5L in one of my 1981 Turbo Coupes, or my Maxima.

Our prayers are with you, thank God you weren't killed. Ask our woman Iris.. She has the best skill's in our group.

Be with us. Amy
Old 07-17-2003, 11:52 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

im so sorry to hear that. hopefully everything will turn out for the better like dczoner said maybe you can get a whole body kit out of it. lets just hope theres no bent frames.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:32 AM
bobowah

angel sorry bro.
I hope for the best on getting a new car... Get a track model this time Since you are going to start going on runs with us in the canyons.

Quick Reply: just got into an accident two hours ago