Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Any socal teams?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 07:59 AM
TBDesigns
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any socal teams?

I was thinking about joining a team but not to sure on which or if there is any local ones. I know of two but one of them I've heard nothing but crap about and the other is team hybrid but I've also a thing or two about them.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:52 AM
Stolengoods

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is something I'd like to know too, and what is the benefit of joining such team?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:54 AM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by Stolengoods
This is something I'd like to know too, and what is the benefit of joining such team?
Not sure but I heard Pfunk is giving out free BJ's and reach arounds if you join funk
Old 11-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Lakers & Clippers?

HAHAHA sorry..
Old 11-04-2008, 09:40 AM
PFunk124

Originally Posted by TBDesigns@CiNcity
Not sure but I heard Pfunk is giving out free BJ's and reach arounds if you join funk
HA HA. NOT. Yo, I just booted someone off of FUNK. Don't want you to be next yo.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Nastyboy

LEVELS OF INVOLVEMENT
Levels as represented here are used to indicate a progression of involvement and commitment.
• Fantasizing about gang activity. May not have knowledge about ‘real street gangs’ but may admire what they perceive the
gang lifestyle to be.
• Potential or Wanna-be members. Usually the youngest of those associated with a gang. Find gang lifestyle acceptable and
gives serious consideration to joining.
• Strikers, Affiliate or Associate members. Not fully initiated. Hangs out with the gang, receives some gang benefits.
Participates in gang crimes and activities.
• Made member. Completed initiation. Full membership in the gang owing full loyalty to the gang. Privy to gang language,
signals colours and traditions. Active with the gang and associates with gang members to the exclusion of family and
former friends.
• Hardcore. Full time gang member whose daily activity is furthering interests of the gang. Totally committed to gang
lifestyle. Comprises approximately 5-10% of the gang. Has significant influence in the gang. Frequently incarcerated for
criminal activity.
• Leader. Typically adults, not teens. Control gang policy and activity; hand out rewards and punishments. Usually have
extensive criminal backgrounds. Surrounds self with trusted members to form an inner circle.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:46 AM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by PFunk124
HA HA. NOT. Yo, I just booted someone off of FUNK. Don't want you to be next yo.
You wouldn't want to lose my skills and dedication Plus I don't think I'll ever leave I love that you have a Pretty mouf, talented tongue, and short teef!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you are being sarcastic. Teams are a whole different platform.....well hopefully it is unless you are from the ghetto
Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 AM
PFunk124

Originally Posted by Nastyboy
LEVELS OF INVOLVEMENT
Levels as represented here are used to indicate a progression of involvement and commitment.
• Fantasizing about gang activity. May not have knowledge about ‘real street gangs’ but may admire what they perceive the
gang lifestyle to be.
• Potential or Wanna-be members. Usually the youngest of those associated with a gang. Find gang lifestyle acceptable and
• Strikers, Affiliate or Associate members. Not fully initiated. Hangs out with the gang, receives some gang benefits.
• Made member. Completed initiation. Full membership in the gang owing full loyalty to the gang. Privy to gang language,
signals colours and traditions. Active with the gang and associates with gang members to the exclusion of family and
former friends.
• Hardcore. Full time gang member whose daily activity is furthering interests of the gang. Totally committed to gang
lifestyle. Comprises approximately 5-10% of the gang. Has significant influence in the gang. Frequently incarcerated for
criminal activity.
• Leader. Typically adults, not teens. Control gang policy and activity; hand out rewards and punishments. Usually have
extensive criminal backgrounds. Surrounds self with trusted members to form an inner circle.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:59 AM
PFunk124

You wouldn't want to lose my skills and dedication Plus I don't think I'll ever leave I love that you have a Pretty mouf, talented tongue, and short teef!

LOL. Funnie. Get ready for GOW2.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Stolengoods

LEVELS OF INVOLVEMENT
gang lifestyle to be.
former friends.
criminal activity.

What does this have to do with my question.....
Old 11-04-2008, 10:11 AM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by PFunk124
LOL. Funnie. Get ready for GOW2.
GOW2? Phheeze! I ain't playing that ****.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:20 AM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO, teams usually allow people to network and find sponsors and vendors. Usually they go to the same vendors, the same garages and usually have a common theme (show or race).

From when I remember the import scene starting, it started out that most teams came together for representation, but then a lot of those teams were also gang affiliated, and not car enthusiasts like Hybrid has proven to be.

I remember so cal teams from LA represented in #'s... There were teams like Hybrid, Autobots and Kioken... most of them faded out but the only one that stayed was Hybrid. I'm boasting or representing them, I'm just stating my perspective from the 15+ years i've come to known the import scene...

I really think when it comes to joining teams or forming one, its mainly for networking and vendor representation/sponsorship, but just IMO
Old 11-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Nastyboy

What does this have to do with my question.....
Nothing really, just thought it was funny.

Originally Posted by jubes

I remember so cal teams from LA represented in #'s... There were teams like Hybrid, Autobots and Kioken... most of them faded out but the only one that stayed was Hybrid. I'm boasting or representing them, I'm just stating my perspective from the 15+ years i've come to known the import scene...
Only one that stayed? Autobots is still around, both Rick (Riverside Infiniti) and I are currently active members. Not including the other members with different makes/models.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:50 AM
1sickveilsidez

^^^Yes sir!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:24 AM
m0nkie

Just the name Autobots sound cool... what is it? and what do you guys do?
Old 11-04-2008, 12:32 PM
jubes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Only one that stayed? Autobots is still around, both Rick (Riverside Infiniti) and I are currently active members. Not including the other members with different makes/models.
Oh okay, that's awesome, hope I didn't offend you or anything... atleast you guys are true enthusiasts...I remember rolling around the San Gabriel Area & OC seeing ALOT of Autobot members where ever I went... maybe because I barely go out that way is the reason I don't see them anymore LOL... but I remember in the 90's there were soooooooooooooooooo many car clubs/crews representing at Import Showoff & Battle of the Imports to HIN & Formula D... that and the fights and stare downs LOL.. (don't miss that part LOL)

From '91 4 door civics, '93 hatchbacks, 95 GSR's to our Z's, WRX's and Evo's... geez.. I'm getting up there in age..
Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Blu_Blur

That's just wrong......

he actually charges $15 for the BJ's and $10 for the hands.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Vertex350

I've had the privelage of kickin it with the Autobots. I have to say they're all hella cool and always steppin their car game up. From kits, to systems, to paint, they're always taking it to another level. That's why they've been around for so long while many other crews fade away from the scene.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
finalforce

AUTOHYPE on board.....a team is another way of calling us, we're actually more of a family. Everyone on the team has practically known each other since either birth or kindergarden There's quite a few of us islanders in SoCal representing, but its not something we keep open for others to join. Not very often will you see our cars on the roads as we don't daily drive them, but some shows you'll see us. This year was our first year showing together at HIN in LA.

Quick Reply: Any socal teams?