Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Horse Thief Mile, Willow Springs - Friday 4/23

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:38 AM
largeorangefont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horse Thief Mile, Willow Springs - Friday 4/23

Where - Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile – This is a 1.1 mile tight road course similar to driving a mountain road. There are switchbacks and lots of elevation changes. It is both a fun and challenging course. There are many safe areas to test the limits of your ability. This will not be a drift event. There will be a full safety and flag crew on site for the entire day. Sessions will last 20-25 minutes and alternate between the two run groups.

When – Friday April 23 8AM-5PM

How Much - $150 for almost 4 hours of track time. There will be only a maximum of 30 open spots, divided into 2 run groups, based on skill level and amount of people attending.

If we do not get enough people signed up by a week or so before the event, we will not have the event and you will get a refund. This will be a self tech event, and your car must be in working order, with no fluid leaks, working lights, good tires and brakes etc.. You will be sent a tech sheet after you sign up.

Please post or email me at tentenths@***.net if you want to sign up or have any questions. You will be forwarded the payment information (paypal or check) at that time.

Please include the following information when you sign up:
Driver name and email
Car Model
Estimated horsepower
Tire type (street/race)
Driver experience level (beginner/intermediate/expert)

We will be running clockwise.

Thanks,

Ashley
Old 04-07-2010, 10:46 AM
bardabe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you guys have a list of the Drivers and cars Signed up so far?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:01 AM
RRMikey

^ are you the guy on forum wars that went up against the ford shelby mustang?
Old 04-07-2010, 11:57 AM
m0nkie

yup thats him.. he put up the 4 day Z

such a fail race... F royal purple

Last edited by m0nkie; 04-07-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
largeorangefont

Originally Posted by bardabe
do you guys have a list of the Drivers and cars Signed up so far?
Not yet, but I will shortly. There are still plenty of spots open.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
bardabe

Originally Posted by RRMikey
^ are you the guy on forum wars that went up against the ford shelby mustang?
I put the car together in 4 days, but i was not the guy behind the wheel... a little piece of me died inside but unfortunately i signed a contract that i could not disclose any of the results of that day before it aired. ... I'll let everyone vent and do the hating before i reply with what actually happened that day. and not to kick off this thread off topic.

On topic, payment will be sent tonight or tomorrow.

-Juan
Old 04-07-2010, 01:51 PM
RRMikey

your name is juan? i thought the driver's name was something different? now i'm really confused. lol.

but serious... what a messed up match up. i heard the mustang had race tires on and everything. royal purple... FTL!!!

but damn... did hitting that cone mess up the front bumper at all? looked like fun tho. just the cars were mis-matched. totally not fair.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:52 PM
RRMikey

Originally Posted by m0nkie
yup thats him.. he put up the 4 day Z

such a fail race... F royal purple
you said it bud... royal purple... fail...
Old 04-07-2010, 01:57 PM
nissansource

Please pm me a list to sign up or a paypal location also love to get out there again its been awhile
nm found it
Old 04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
bardabe

Originally Posted by RRMikey
your name is juan? i thought the driver's name was something different? now i'm really confused. lol.

but serious... what a messed up match up. i heard the mustang had race tires on and everything. royal purple... FTL!!!

but damn... did hitting that cone mess up the front bumper at all? looked like fun tho. just the cars were mis-matched. totally not fair.
yeah it was a completely unfair match up. I pretty much had to do it. since the producers where looking for a 350Z but no one stepped up. I actually was told I was doing this while i was at sema with some friends haha. the Mustang was pretty much race ready. it had Hoosier Race Tires, Carbon Tech Brake pads, Crown Lines, KW Suspension, (Springs shocks sway bars) car was already corner balanced and aligned, it of course had that fancy intake and Borla Exhaust. that's all i was able to see who knows if it was tuned, test pipes headers? idk sounded real mean. not only that but the driver of that car was Season Trained, and had allot more practice on the road course than we where even allowed.

on the other hand, I only had a couple other vendors help me out and its mainly because we have good friends that work there. but the the Z i was able to slap together in a couple days had

Megan Headers, and Testpipes
Nismo Replica exhaust (don't even know what brand lol)
Custom Intake made by yours truly
my Friends over at west covina nissan let me have an Oil Burner Motor off a 2004, and a recall Transmission with a very fun 2nd gear.
Stock VLSD
Stock Brembos
Some really worn Toyo tires (new tires did not come in like i was told i was getting if i would of known I would of at least bought some Falken RT615's or Kuhmo's )
Tokico Shocks
Progress Springs and Swaybars

then my buddy over @ specialty Z managed to tune the car to make some sort of respectable power (the car's Cylinders 4 and 6 spark plugs are soaked in oil) I'm very surprised they where able to get 270whp out of a bucket **** motor that was in there.

from the second i got to see the mustang I knew i was going to get ****in owned. I drove the 350Z there, the friggin mustang got there in an enclosed trailer. and yes we HAD to talk smack on each other (that is why richard could not stop laughing) at the end of it all i did not take it as anything seriously because like the other members in here have said if it was a real representation of my350z.com or any other forum it would of been allot more organized, there would have to have been some voting going on, and Auditions. not to mention it was Richard's first time driving the Z, and didn't know a damn thing about it it was fun though.

if they do a rematch, i can say my 07 Can do allot better, as you guys will see in this event. the silver car will be there too in the same condition it ran the TV event so you guys can see how we where staged.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:07 PM
largeorangefont

Paypal is tentenths@***.net. After you pay for entry you will be sent the tech form, waiver form and all info.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:14 PM
M6SXTZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would lay the blame here..."Nismo Replica exhaust "
Old 04-14-2010, 09:52 AM
OMERTAITALIA

irwindale ftl
Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 AM
ginobetterfly

Originally Posted by bardabe
yeah it was a completely unfair match up. I pretty much had to do it. since the producers where looking for a 350Z but no one stepped up. I actually was told I was doing this while i was at sema with some friends haha. the Mustang was pretty much race ready. it had Hoosier Race Tires, Carbon Tech Brake pads, Crown Lines, KW Suspension, (Springs shocks sway bars) car was already corner balanced and aligned, it of course had that fancy intake and Borla Exhaust. that's all i was able to see who knows if it was tuned, test pipes headers? idk sounded real mean. not only that but the driver of that car was Season Trained, and had allot more practice on the road course than we where even allowed.

on the other hand, I only had a couple other vendors help me out and its mainly because we have good friends that work there. but the the Z i was able to slap together in a couple days had

Megan Headers, and Testpipes
Nismo Replica exhaust (don't even know what brand lol)
Custom Intake made by yours truly
my Friends over at west covina nissan let me have an Oil Burner Motor off a 2004, and a recall Transmission with a very fun 2nd gear.
Stock VLSD
Stock Brembos
Some really worn Toyo tires (new tires did not come in like i was told i was getting if i would of known I would of at least bought some Falken RT615's or Kuhmo's )
Tokico Shocks
Progress Springs and Swaybars

then my buddy over @ specialty Z managed to tune the car to make some sort of respectable power (the car's Cylinders 4 and 6 spark plugs are soaked in oil) I'm very surprised they where able to get 270whp out of a bucket **** motor that was in there.

from the second i got to see the mustang I knew i was going to get ****in owned. I drove the 350Z there, the friggin mustang got there in an enclosed trailer. and yes we HAD to talk smack on each other (that is why richard could not stop laughing) at the end of it all i did not take it as anything seriously because like the other members in here have said if it was a real representation of my350z.com or any other forum it would of been allot more organized, there would have to have been some voting going on, and Auditions. not to mention it was Richard's first time driving the Z, and didn't know a damn thing about it it was fun though.

if they do a rematch, i can say my 07 Can do allot better, as you guys will see in this event. the silver car will be there too in the same condition it ran the TV event so you guys can see how we where staged.
WOW! putting up a Z with those mods against a race ready shelby mustang... fcukin fail ...